Winterfest vs Christmas Town

From the comments I read, there are more upcharges at KD.  One person was griping about the ice skating, cookie decorating etc.  Someone else pointed out that there was no ice skating at Busch.

I've never been to Christmas Town, so I don't have a frame of reference.  But I will say that if KD's WinterFest is anything like KI's, it will give Christmas Town a run for the money.  The only thing that I saw (somewhere) was that KD was getting 2.5 million lights vs KI's 5 million.  But then again, I heard (somewhere) that KI was supposed to get close to 7 million lights this year with Tinsel Town opening but we have been told via the website it is "more than 5 million."

Edit: to change the park name from KD to Busch.

There is ice skating at KD just like at KI.  There are a few less lights at KD (approx 2 million), but there will be 12 live shows at KD which is more than Christmas Town will have (wonder if Six buys the SeaWorld chain how much Christmas Town might change?).  Also, KD has the same 300 foot tree on the tower with LED lights as KI which is taller and more technologically advanced than any tree in Christmas Town.  Since this is the first year of Winterfest at KD, look for it to be expanded in 2019 just has KI has done in their second season.  It is likely KD will have some impact on Christmas Town attendance.

E983C28C-60FA-407D-B6C3-53C3E5F88EE4.png

Sorry, I had a typo. I meant to say no ice skating at Busch. I've edited

There is ice skating at KD just like at KI.  There are a few less lights at KD (approx 2 million), but there will be 12 live shows at KD which is more than Christmas Town will have (wonder if Six buys the SeaWorld chain how much Christmas Town might change?).  Also, KD has the same 300 foot tree on the tower with LED lights as KI which is taller and more technologically advanced than any tree in Christmas Town.  Since this is the first year of Winterfest at KD, look for it to be expanded in 2019 just has KI has done in their second season.  It is likely KD will have some impact on Christmas Town attendance.
E983C28C-60FA-407D-B6C3-53C3E5F88EE4.thumb.png.a801f74e73d7004f89ea8b700c270dea.png

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

On 11/9/2018 at 8:35 PM, jtro223 said:

From the comments I read, there are more upcharges at KD.  One person was griping about the ice skating, cookie decorating etc. 

Sounds like the typical complaints that people had about KI last year, but once people experienced the event, I noticed the complaints online about the upcharges decreased.  I still see a few on Facebook, but now people that went to WinterFest last year are pretty quick to come to the defense of the park when it comes to the value of the cookie decorating with Mrs. Claus and the ice skating.

Yes, there was value.  The cookies that I saw people had decorated were huge.  Definitely made it seem like the price was worth it.  And the amount of things to see and do were amazing.  I went four or five times last year and still feel like I didn`t get to experience everything there was to do.

• Like 1

I think WinterFest is better than Banshee.(lol) I too went 5 times last year and didn't get to do all I wanted to do. The only thing that would bring it to Dollywood level would be to have more rides and coasters open, but I don't think that is worth the trade off of getting everything ready for Spring opening. I'm very happy and would still go multiple times if no rides we're open. In spite of a rough year at Cedar Fair, I am more excited for the future of Kings Island than I ever have been. They are doing so many things that people want and doing a great job...even if they still have some food issues and didn't give a rendering for KMAA. Lol

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk