Knotts announces "new" Calico River Rapids!

Actually, OC Register calls it new, whereas Knotts themselves don't. I like how Bigfoot will finally tie into Calico better, without dropping the Bigfoot theme entirely. (Even getting a new Bigfoot animatronic to replace the old one that got spooked and ran away way back when). I kind of hope they bring back the waterfalls too.

https://www.ocregister.com/2018/11/13/knotts-berry-farm-announces-new-water-raft-ride-calico-river-rapids/

• Like 3

4 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

I would love some additional theming and its own identity aside from Kings Dominion and Canada's Wonderland.

Rivertown Rapids? 

They just upgraded the theming with “annoying loud coaster overhead” that cost millions, what more do you want?  :lol:

Total soak half the raft waterfalls like at CP would be nice.  Lol.

• Like 1

Well, to be fair, Knott`s is just down the road from Disneyland.  They have to do stuff to keep the park fresh and competitive.  I really enjoyed my visit out to Knott`s when I was on my honeymoon with my wife back in 2015, and that was even with Xcelerator down for maintenance during our visit.

• Like 2

On ‎11‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 10:22 PM, flightoffear1996 said:

I like it. I really wish they would overhaul WWC

I agree and was thinking the same when I saw this. Would be great to get some minor theming even to tie it into the Mystic Timbers storyline more since they are so intertwined with their ride paths. Even just adding vines in the tunnels would be nice, but some sort of story element would be cool with a few thematic decorations around the route.

58 minutes ago, purdude86 said:

I agree and was thinking the same when I saw this. Would be great to get some minor theming even to tie it into the Mystic Timbers storyline more since they are so intertwined with their ride paths. Even just adding vines in the tunnels would be nice, but some sort of story element would be cool with a few thematic decorations around the route.

Theme WWC to the Miami River Lumber Co. It would be awesome if they added to the Mystic Timbers story and theme with White Water Canyon. I wouldn't mind hearing sawmill sounds or Mystic Timbers que audio throughout the ride: "...ongoing lockdown has been issued for the Miami River Lumber Company."

mill work concept.png