KICentral Survey

We want your feedback!

The Admin team does their best to make KIC a warm and welcoming place to talk about KI and the amusement industry. With that being said, there is always room for improvements. We would really appreciate your feedback with this 13 question survey to help us server the members of KIC.

Click here to go to the Google Form

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback!

The KIC Admin Team

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

We want to thank everyone who participated in the survey. We had over 90 submissions. We got some great feedback and are already starting to look into implementing some of them. The biggest item seems to be a better mobile experience. We do agree with that wholeheartedly, the forum software we use now just has not done a great job in updating the mobile side. We are looking at our options.     

We also want to share some of the survey results with the members of the site. Most of the data was very positive. We feel that sharing some of the "reality" results that we as admin really cant not control to much is the best course of action to improve these survey comments.

Feedback on why people are not visiting and rarely posting:

• Too much complaining.
  • Members not being welcoming, and sometimes combative. 
  • We used to have much deeper posts and discussions, and on a much more frequent level. 
  • Too many “forceful” opinions. 
  • It seems that some people are fanatics and tend to correct and over correct people on the site. 
  • Some members are not pleasant to others for no apparent reason.
  • Opinions are shot down and small mistakes are turned into huge things.

I personally feel KIC is more welcoming than most other forum sites. Overall this was really not a big amount of negative feedback, but we feel all members needed to see this data. Please keep this in mind when posting and remember that emotions are not transferred on the forums. We hope sharing this feedback will help make KIC better for all of its members.

Feel free to contact us if you have questions!

• Like 4

The KIC community has changed a lot over the six years I have been a member here. Lately I have really missed seeing my original KIC friends (namely @Beastie1980, @ohiocolts, @Fire-Beast-OF FEAR, @Princess Sparkles, @LoraX, @Original and a few others whom I'm probably forgetting at the moment) post on here. They used to post here a lot and now I hardly see them anymore. I miss them. :(

Thankfully there ARE friends who DO continue to post here, and I definitely appreciate that!

@IndyGuy4KI, thank you for posting about the feedback. I would agree about the negative stuff seen on here. KIC isn't perfect nor will it ever be, but I would hate for it to come across as unwelcoming to any new members. I greatly enjoy seeing all the different (and sometimes controversial) opinions expressed here and I hope we as a community continue to help facilitate an environment where all of us can express our honest opinions without the fear of being shot down. Also: I know all of us feel like complaining every now and then; I pity the members who have had negative experiences, whether on here or at the park, but it also tends to kill the mood. I have been guilty of complaining too and I am doing my best to avoid complaining on here as much as I can.

I still enjoy KIC after six years, even with its ups and downs!

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

One of the many reasons I like KIC is becuase for the most part it is Real. Members can share their Real experiences both positive and negative with few exceptions. I understand that some do not like to hear negative comments about something they feel passionate about but the alternative in my view is much worse. If every post reads like it came out of the PR Departement why even have a site like KIC?  Just read the PR blog and Twitter feed. Those have their place but so do people’s critical  take on their experiences. There is truth there. Sometimes it is highly biased but without different viewpoints what you are left with is very distorted. That is not what I want and it concerns me that there are those that do.

There have been many occasions that my critical viewpoint on an issue at the park has been changed or at least softened by my interactions with other members here.  

I highly respect our moderating team and feel they get it right the vast majority of the time but I also do not agree with all the decisions and that is okay.  The day people stop criticizing and complaining on this site is the day it becomes meaninless to the free expression of ideas.  I hope that day never comes.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I feel like more I like more individuals should read the terms of service on this site. The moderators do a good job of cleaning up threads that have been derailed and making sure that everything runs smoothly. More recently I've noticed that they've been fixing a lot of threads that have since become derailed due to arguments and posts on multiple threads by members who shal go unnamed. I feel that these threads wouldn't have needed to have been edited if said unnamed members would have just abided by the terms of service like the rest of us.

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

I feel like more I like more individuals should read the terms of service on this site. The moderators do a good job of cleaning up threads that have been derailed and making sure that everything runs smoothly. More recently I've noticed that they've been fixing a lot of threads that have since become derailed due to arguments and posts on multiple threads by members who shal go unnamed. I feel that these threads wouldn't have needed to have been edited if said unnamed members would have just abided by the terms of service like the rest of us.

"Like the rest us". Do you not see your us vs them mentality? Not the best way to have a prosperous and growing community. Can you say what it is that I've done to you that has you so worked up... Did I not kiss your ring and conform to your exact Kings Island and coasters ideology? 

As far as the thread that got cleaned up, I was the one that asked for moderation in my own thread. There's going to be disagreements from time to time, especially when people are passionate about something. The posts that got removed were off subject and didn't add anything to the conversation. What I want to be there is still there. 

I like your threads and contributions to this site.  Do you think you can bury the hatchet at some point?  

I overlooked you being the same member that saw it fit to bump the sex at Kings Island thread a couple weeks ago, because although I didn't like it, I rather have you participate than not.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

All I asked was for people to read and abide by the TOS... I never mentioned your name or anyone else's as I wished to keep it anonymous. Threads have gotten derailed over the past couple of weeks with people's unnecessary arguments, like the one you're currently having, that don't contribute to the overall thread but rather one's that are personal that flood threads. I've been guilty of it which is why I have just given up on arguing and ignoring certain posts made by certain members as to not provoke further quarrels. The more people abide by the TOS, the more smoothly things run. 

• Like 3

I wish some members would understand the difference between constructive criticism and criticism. Meaning not getting so upset when other members try to help them. I understand the frustrations new members have not knowing how to do certain stuff. I was there. We all were.  But when they act like the helper is the bad guy is just rude. 

• Like 5

I wish people would be less cavalier when discussing Son of Beast.  I realize people have a lot of interest in it and their reasons why, but I feel the supporters often cherry pick from SOB's story and detract from the big problems it actually had, and that those reasons leave it as a big black mark on the park's history.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I just feel like the victims of Son of Beast get glossed over too much when it comes to those who constantly bring up positives without acknowledging the negatives. I'm not saying to not talk about it, I'm just suggesting people be more comprehensive when discussing it.

For all the talk about how much it was an 'engineering marvel', it still that led to a few dozen people being sent to hospitals, many of whom may never and/or be unable to ride a coaster again.  I don't give it that kind of credit when clearly it didn't do what it was designed to do in a safe manner.  Well designed things don't have those kinds of problems.  

• Like 3

things come across as combative because they are words on a computer screen without the benefit of a facial expression attached to it.

Besides- this is a "fan site" for a park.  Anyone who gets overly passionate about something to the point they become combative- they need to take a few steps back, take a deep breath, and do something else.  there are a ton of other things to be passionate about.

That said... I post about once a month because... there are other things going on and this is recreational/not a priority.

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

I left this site about six months ago due to feeling I was being attacked on the Giga thread just for me expressing my opinion about that I didn't feel it was a good idea to remove a certain ride to introduce a Giga coaster. I saw the survey go out a few weeks ago on the KIC Facebook page which I am still a part of and took it. After seeing the results and the comments just on this thread alone I've decide to stay away. Maybe will check back again close to opening day. #BringBackTerpy