Why are videos not allowed in haunt mazes at KI, but others CF parks allow it?

TheBeast54

I know Cedar Point bans the use of phones & cameras in their haunts too.  I go up for Halloweekends every year and remember them saying this in their spiel at each house.

First, it can be disorienting for the scareactors, especially when someone is using their light.  Our eyes are adjusted to the dark and for someone to come in with a bright light, it blinds us.

Second, it takes away from the experience for the other people in the group.  It's like at a concert, sitting behind someone taking video on their phone... the screen is distracting.

Third, like flightoffear1996 said, leave some mystery for others!  We don't need multiple videos of the attractions online, letting people know where our hiding spots are and what to expect in each room.

I don't know how many times I've had to get after people to put their phones away.  Highly annoying!

• Like 3

Good catch lol! Also, it's interesting that they rate their Haunt mazes. That being said, what does everyone think KI's should be rated?

I'll start based what I'd rate last year's mazes:

Slaughterhouse, Madame Fatale's and Blackout would be a 5

Field of Screams and Killmart would be a 4

The rest (Backwoods Bayou, Chaos, Urgent Scare and Wolf Pack) would probably be a 3

I'm curious to hear other's opinions on maze ratings.

The maze ratings were all at 4 at Wonderland.....so the rating is pointless. Blackout should be rated one step higher at Wonderland. (I was mostly in the mountain mazes which were The Ruins and Blackout as an usher) The Ruins is slightly more scarier than the others, both Blackout/Ruins are in darkness but during the ruins, they supply you with a flashlight which emits a red light, they take it away before you enter blackout.

That being said, "Is the maze scary?" is a common question, I just tell them that these two are in darkness and that nothing can hurt them.

• Like 1

On 11/17/2018 at 10:38 PM, MisterSG1 said:

That being said, "Is the maze scary?" is a common question, I just tell them that these two are in darkness and that nothing can hurt them.

When I fill in for Slaughterhouse's host (when Mama needs a potty break) and I get asked this question, I say "It better be or we ain't doin' our jobs right!"

• Like 1