KIC Mobile App?

L24

If the mobile app came with a Season FL+ I might use it, but other than that I don’t know what a dedicated app can do better than the site can do now or something like tapatalk.  I personally don’t like any forum software on a phone and only use a phone when I don’t have a tablet.   

Maybe those that want an app or a different forum platform could link to some examples of something they think is better?  

Not everything needs an app, I have way, way to many apps as it is. An app needs to bring something major to the table a browser can’t.  

• Like 1

Any mobile app we publish would need to respect privacy, not hog battery life, and be completely optional. For those who love using mobile websites, we certainly wouldn't want to pressure anyone into installing an app.

Push notifications and a in-park friend finder are great ideas. Certainly, an app could make it a lot easier to share photos and video to the forums with fewer steps. The audience for an app would extend beyond those participating on the forums, so we'd want to make it easy to get to (for example) current news and park info.

Keep the ideas coming! Invision Community has served us well as forum software, but their progress on the mobile side has been slower than I had hoped. Moving to a community platform like Hivebrite would give us a mobile app out-of-the-box that we could customize, or we could look at creating something ourselves (within time and budget constraints).

5 hours ago, King Ding Dong said:

It’s like the boxes in your basement.  If you haven’t used it in the past year or two it really needs to go.  I have tons of apps I can’t even recall what they do.  Must have sounded like a good idea at the time.  :lol:  (I think I still have the Siri app from before Apple bought it). 

I call it The Wreckoning. I will redownload to delete apps I only use every so often. Auntie Anne's doesn't last more than a few minutes on my phone, I've probably downloaded it a dozen times, while standing in line.

On 11/27/2018 at 8:07 PM, IndyGuy4KI said:

Maybe they are a long time reader, but a first time poster. Nothing wrong with the question.

Your right! I’ve been going to Kings Island since before I could walk and I’ve been a coaster enthusiast for maybe 10 years or so. I visit just about every Sunday during the summer. At winter fest last year I met a bunch of other enthusiasts that told me about KIC which somehow I never knew about. I just now started looking around and discovered that this is where I can finally get my fix on everything Kings Island.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, L24 said:

Your right! I’ve been going to Kings Island since before I could walk and I’ve been a coaster enthusiast for maybe 10 years or so. I visit just about every Sunday during the summer. At winter fest last year I met a bunch of other enthusiasts that told me about KIC which somehow I never knew about. I just now started looking around and discovered that this is where I can finally get my fix on everything Kings Island.

Welcome to KIC! Let us know how we can help you get your fix of KI.