Next NEW Coaster

NewD4y20

Ok it seems as though this board has reached a general consensus that KIs next coaster will be a B&M giga opening in 2020. Rightfully so I might add.

I thought it would be fun to speculate what KI should get for its next major coaster after that. Some people think KI should get a copycat of Maverick, others want to see old coasters brought back to life like King Cobra or Son of Beast.

What do you think? 

Please keep in mind this is just for fun. If you are not going to contribute constructively or have a fun attitude then please don't post your clutter here.

1 hour ago, NewD4y20 said:

If you are not going to contribute constructively or have a fun attitude then please don't post your clutter here.

Ironic isn't it?^_^

In all honesty KI would have a pretty full roster after a giga, however...

Realistically something from Mack wouldn't be out of the question, especially if its a spinning coaster since the park doesn't have one of those. As to where, if they removed BLSC I wouldn't mind as much but they could also use other areas of the park. 

I honestly don't see anything from Gerstlauer as their Infinity coasters make arrow loopers somewhat obsolete. I know @chugh43 and I wouldn't mind a 4d free spin but it would have to be on a much larger scale to keep up with KI's attendance.

• Like 1

4D spinning coasters are completely different from traditional spinning coasters such as Exterminator.   I'd take a S&S Free Spin at KI in a heartbeat.  Also, you'd be surprised how well they go through lines.  Joker at SFGAdv handled lines pretty well.  

Seeing how CF parks run Wild Mice, I'd rather not see one.  DP and MIA don't do continuous motion in the station, and they brake the crap out of them.  I would take a Maurer Sohne spinner though.  

• Like 1

I consider 4D's to be one of the pinnacles of coaster technology already.  That's one of those types that you can't really do much to top.  

Besides, what would you even add to make it '5D'?  The original coining of the term 4D was Arrow's reference that 4 rails were in use- 2 for the running rails and 2 more to get the seats to spin.  S&S did away with that, but they're still considered 4D for the sake of keeping it simple (since their version is derived from Arrow's since they absorbed them after all).  

S&S's version is pretty wild.  Its comfortable, yet it throws you around in insane directions and with some decent force.  It's a real sensory overload.  Really fun ride. 

• Like 2

@NewD4y20, you asked us for our thoughts and opinions so please don't bash us just because you don't agree with them.

Please keep in mind this is just for fun. If you are not going to contribute constructively or have a fun attitude then please don't post your clutter here.

Like what @silver2005 said, 4d coasters are fun rides, though I cannot fully back it up since I've never ridden one yet. The only thing I have against s&s 4d freespins is that they are all clones, which is fine for a chain like Six Flags or even Sea World, but not for Cedar Fair parks. 

• Like 1

After the Giga, I vote for a floorless, Dive coaster, or a ground up RMC. Other than this, another launched coaster could be cool, but I'm just excited to see what coaster KI would put in next.*

*As long as it's not one of those SBF Visa Spinning Coasters....

• Like 1

[mention=11459]NewD4y20[/mention], you asked us for our thoughts and opinions so please don't bash us just because you don't agree with them.

I don’t think he was bashing you. I’ve noticed a lot of your comments lately are antagonistic. You also tend to “bump” topics for no apparent reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 1

I think adding a smaller scale coaster- like a 4d freespin or a spinning coaster wouldn't be bad additions to the park. Both designs have come a long way since their original conception to the point where they're built on much larger scales. Cobra's Curse and Time Traveler look like awesome spinning coasters, same can be said about the S&S free spin clones.

I've said it once and I'll say it again- add this!

chemical ride.png

@silver2005 & @King Ding Dong

The question was what should be KIs next major coaster. Little mice coasters or "family" coasters do not fit the bill in this case.

By the way, KIs last coaster was a tweener coaster anyways and the park doesn't have to be full of them because like Planet Snoopy, it's only a matter of time before the little kiddies grow up and want to ride coasters that are the real deal anyways.

• Haha 1

@NewD4y20 Are you just inventing new ways to kneecap arguments you don't agree with now?  That's all you've done to react to such posts. 

Also, I'd argue that any new coaster is a major coaster.  They're all huge investments intended to drive up attendance and are ways to incentivize people to return.  I think you underestimate what smaller rides do for parks overall.  

At least try to argue with people on the merits of the topic instead of inventing excuses to not address certain members' posts.  

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, NewD4y20 said:

I agree about MT.

Its more of a coaster for kids but also one that parents wont necessarily feel silly riding it with their kids.

Have you even ridden it? It's small in size, but it packs quite a wallop. $15 million is not a small investment like you seem to think.

• Like 4

I've thought this for a long time and I'll say it now...

The same mindset that's used by some to deride MT as a "weak, family coaster" is, to some extent, the same mindset that people used to deride Maverick when it was first revealed in 2006.

It's best not to be decived by their statures (or lack thereof), as dynamite can (and does) come in small packages.

• Like 5

While I will agree $15 million did seem a little a pricey, especially when compared to what similiar GCI's built in the late 2000s cost,  I would guess some of the extra cost had to do with carefully constructing it up and over the train and WWC. Also, they had to reroute the WWC entrance.

It really is amazing how interwoven the layout is made into its area. Very space efficient, its almost as if it doesn't any significant land at all!

--

EDIT: Also, inflation is a thing, and according to http://www.in2013dollars.com/2016-dollars-in-2008?amount=15000000...

image.png

• Like 4

Maverick has a 90 degree drop and other thrilling elements, like a shed that actually does something. (It launches you)

MT first drop is opposite, it's a gradual slope, it even turns to make the hill even longer and slower. MTs shed doesn't launch you. 

Right but there were some enthusiasts who were doubting Maverick's legitmacy as a thrilling coaster simply because of it small height.

Even Joel Rogers of CoasterGallery.com said this:

When Maverick was announced, I must admit that I was a bit skeptical.  Why would Cedar Point build such a small ride after building so many world-record setting coasters?  After building the world's first 200-foot, 300-foot, and 400-foot-tall coasters, why build something so much smaller?  I honestly wondered if building a short coaster like Maverick was a poor decision.

But I didn't need to worry.  The park made the right decision to build this fantastic ride.  Maverick is simply breathtaking!  It is one of my favorite coasters, and it packs a wild punch in spite of its small stature.

http://www.coastergallery.com/CP/120.html

Is Mystic Timbers as intense as Maverick?

Of course not, but I think it's more robust than some people give it credit for...

• Like 3

Size doesn't always determine might. Mystic is a nice family coaster, but it has a large amount of intensity and force.

In regards to the next new coaster, if we do get a giga coaster, the coaster after that should be one that pushes the limits again. At one time, Kings Island would be a trend setter for the coaster world. The Bat being the worlds first suspended coaster (Big Bad Wolf at BGW being the first successful one), King Cobra first looping stand up built from the ground up, The Beast being the longest and largest roller coaster at the time, even The Racer in 1972 was a risk. It would be cool to see a coaster that puts the park back on track as the king of thrills.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, BlondyRidesOn said:

Size doesn't always determine might. Mystic is a nice family coaster, but it has a large amount of intensity and force.

In regards to the next new coaster, if we do get a giga coaster, the coaster after that should be one that pushes the limits again. At one time, Kings Island would be a trend setter for the coaster world. The Bat being the worlds first suspended coaster (Big Bad Wolf at BGW being the first successful one), King Cobra first looping stand up built from the ground up, The Beast being the longest and largest roller coaster at the time, even The Racer in 1972 was a risk. It would be cool to see a coaster that puts the park back on track as the king of thrills.

Also, The Vortex being the highest roller coaster in the world when it opened and having most inversions. FOF being first indoor LIM launch, and of course SOB.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, BlondyRidesOn said:

Agreed. I've seen a bit of criticism towards "gimmicky" coasters lately. But by contrast, it seems like some criticize MT for not being gimmicky enough. 

Not passing judgment. I just find it interesting. Should each new coasters feels a step above the last? My personal thoughts are no, but I'd be interested in other's thoughts. 

As for the topic, I wouldn't mind a wing coaster.