Next NEW Coaster

NewD4y20

Personally, I would consider Mystic Timbers to be a “family thrill coaster”. The height requirement allows it to be accessible to most, and the ejector air is also pretty awesome. All in all, it’s a good ride; but at the same time, I’ve ridden Flight of Cheer more than Mystic (6 vs. 1) this Winterfest season, so there’s that...

• Like 1

Not to ruffle feathers here, but it seems like after the giga what KI will be lacking is Intamin like coasters. A ride like Maverick.

Or a woodie like El Toro, but I think Mystic Timbers being built almost rules that out. Unless KI wants to go toe to toe with Holiday World on the best wooden roller coaster collection.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I would love to see a B&M Flyer, but I doubt they will put one in since Firehawk just left. I would also love an RMC at KI, but since Cedar Point got one, I am sure they will not give us one soon. I would love to see a B&M wing coaster, but instead, almost like an X2 style with spinning seats. That would be unique, since the 4Ds are small. I think that my top choice would be a giga. I heard some rumors about a 300-foot lift hill with a subterranean drop making it over 400 feet for a drop. I would LOVE something like that. Kings Island has a lot of good natural land, to keep much of the coaster a surprise. I like this element on The Bat, The Beast, and Diamondback. I am not counting FOF due to the fact it is an indoor.

I do not want to see a dive coaster. I enjoyed Valravn, but a dive coaster seems to be the "in" thing right now, along with RMC. But RMC seem to be more custom than a dive coaster. A dive coaster would not be unique, so I say a big fat NO.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/28/2018 at 7:05 PM, NewD4y20 said:

I agree about MT.

Its more of a coaster for kids but also one that parents wont necessarily feel silly riding it with their kids.

I've never, ever, ever felt silly about riding anything at KI with my kids.  From The Great Pumpkin Coaster, to the Moon Buggies (Cant recall what they are called), Sally's Sea Plane, or anything else.  If my kids are with me and having fun than I'm probably going to enjoy that more than anything else.  Some of my greatest memories are riding coasters I've been on a million times but were a brand new experience to my son as he progressed from Woodstock Express at 2, to The Beast at 4, thru Diamondback at 7.  Trust me, it was a bit of a bummer after he rode Diamondback because there was no longer any more "new experiences for him" that I've done 100 times before (not that we don't still have fun).  I have tried bribing my 5 year old daughter to ride Flying Ace Arial Chase, but haven't broken thru.  She finally hit 48" at the end of last season, and yes I'll be bringing out more bribes hoping to get her on Adventure Express, The Racers, as well as FAAC (I know there is little to no shot of getting her on Vortex or The Beast this year)

Some won't consider it major, but I think a Wild Mouse, sitting where either Linus Launcher is now, or the petting zoo would be a fantastic addition.  KI needs something else for that kid that is currently 44" tall, too big for the "kiddie rides" but not big enough (or perhaps brave enough) for The Racers, Adventure Express, etc...

• Like 3

On 11/29/2018 at 3:18 PM, SonofBaconator said:

Define good?

GCI- Prowler, Renegade, Thunderhead, Gold Striker, Mystic Timbers, InvadR

GG- Hades 360, Switchback, Mine Blower, and The Voyage if you count that one as wooden. 

Renegade is phenomenal.  Even before Mystic Timbers was hinted at, one ride on Renegade convinced me that KI needed a nice GCI like that.  Needless to say I was thrilled when Mystic was announced.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, medford said:

Some won't consider it major, but I think a Wild Mouse, sitting where either Linus Launcher is now, or the petting zoo would be a fantastic addition.  KI needs something else for that kid that is currently 44" tall, too big for the "kiddie rides" but not big enough (or perhaps brave enough) for The Racers, Adventure Express, etc...

I could not agree more.  When we moved here from Los Angeles, my little one went from riding every ride at Disneyland/California Adventure (except California Screamin') to being bored out of her mind at KI.  She was in the sweet spot of too "big" for the kiddie rides, but not tall enough for the big kid stuff.  Also, the wild mouse coaster Goofy's Flying School at California Adventure is a great ride that always had me smiling.  :)

38 minutes ago, Rivertown Rider said:

A wild mouse or something like Firechaser Express at Dollywood would be a great family ride for the park.

I'd love FireChaser Express at KI.  Never ridden it, but it looks like a great ride and helps fill that mid range gap, IIRC, the ride height is either 44 or 46

2 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Or they could go Gravity Group and get something like Oscar's Wacky Taxi or Kentucky Flyer.

I'd prefer a small woodie in Planet Snoopy that's essentially halfway between Woodstock Express and Racer at around 50 ft. I think that barnyard takes up a lot of PS real estate that can be utilized for something greater.

final expansion.gif

• Like 2

On 1/25/2019 at 4:17 PM, SonofBaconator said:

I'd prefer a small woodie in Planet Snoopy that's essentially halfway between Woodstock Express and Racer at around 50 ft. I think that barnyard takes up a lot of PS real estate that can be utilized for something greater.

final expansion.gif

Personally, I don't like the smell of a barn when I'm eating at Picnic Grove. I feel as if moving the Barnyard towards Rivertown would be a lot more beneficial (think the Petting Zoo in Frontiertown at CP). It would open up space for a PS expansion towards Picnic Grove (maybe between Flume and PG). KI is obsessed with keeping PS at the top of the Golden Ticket awards, so if they feel as if another park is catching up then I could totally see an expansion.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, jtro223 said:

Who is Vekoma piggybacking off of this time?  Their new track design looks very B&Mish.  But they did collaborate with RMC for Wildfire, didn't they?

IIRC, Vekoma and RMC have a deal where Vekoma constructs the rides out of North America. Personally if Vekoma was ever good before becoming the king of cloned, unpopular rides, they've definitely made a comeback.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry to reply to an old thread, but Kings Island definitely needs another modern looping coaster after the giga. The park currently has four looping coasters: Banshee (fantastic), Vortex (okay), FoF (clone), and Invertigo (clone). Most of the parks major coasters in 2020 will not have an inversion (Giga, Diamondback, Mystic Timbers, Beast, Racer). I'm a fan of airtime moments, but the park will starting to have too much of them.

Here's to hoping that a Gestlauer Infinity coaster or a Mack multi-launch is next.

• Like 1

@LintemuthStudios while you're not wrong, I don't think Kings Island is next on the list to get a looping coaster- especially with other parks due for one like World's of Fun. 

After the 2020 coaster, I could realistically see us getting a new coaster for Planet Snoopy or just a smaller tier coaster like a wild mouse or even a spinning coaster.

Also it's not completely out of the realm of possibilities to speculate something along the lines of Wonder Mountain's Guardian if the park decides it's worth it to modify the Crypt building.

• Like 1