NewD4y20

Next NEW Coaster

Personally, I would consider Mystic Timbers to be a “family thrill coaster”. The height requirement allows it to be accessible to most, and the ejector air is also pretty awesome. All in all, it’s a good ride; but at the same time, I’ve ridden Flight of Cheer more than Mystic (6 vs. 1) this Winterfest season, so there’s that...

Not to ruffle feathers here, but it seems like after the giga what KI will be lacking is Intamin like coasters. A ride like Maverick.

Or a woodie like El Toro, but I think Mystic Timbers being built almost rules that out. Unless KI wants to go toe to toe with Holiday World on the best wooden roller coaster collection.

I do not think that Cedar Fair will be using Intamin any time soon.  They have not had much success with their more recent installs.

Re: Intimidator 305, Shoot the Rapids (heck even Maverick had to be redesigned to remove the hearline roll).

11 minutes ago, NewD4y20 said:

And as for wooden coasters, it doesn't seem like any manufacturer has been making good ones lately.

Define good?

GCI- Prowler, Renegade, Thunderhead, Gold Striker, Mystic Timbers, InvadR

GG- Hades 360, Switchback, Mine Blower, and The Voyage if you count that one as wooden. 

I would love to see a B&M Flyer, but I doubt they will put one in since Firehawk just left. I would also love an RMC at KI, but since Cedar Point got one, I am sure they will not give us one soon. I would love to see a B&M wing coaster, but instead, almost like an X2 style with spinning seats. That would be unique, since the 4Ds are small. I think that my top choice would be a giga. I heard some rumors about a 300-foot lift hill with a subterranean drop making it over 400 feet for a drop. I would LOVE something like that. Kings Island has a lot of good natural land, to keep much of the coaster a surprise. I like this element on The Bat, The Beast, and Diamondback. I am not counting FOF due to the fact it is an indoor.

I do not want to see a dive coaster. I enjoyed Valravn, but a dive coaster seems to be the "in" thing right now, along with RMC. But RMC seem to be more custom than a dive coaster. A dive coaster would not be unique, so I say a big fat NO.