Rename the Rides!

TombRaiderFTW

I was thinking today about how it's been 10 years since the park was de-Paramounted...

Let's pretend you're in charge, and something happened that legally required you to change the names of all the coasters in the park. None of them can stay what they currently are. What would you rename them?

You can just change the names, you can retheme the entire park, you can repaint the rides, you can use other properties/movies/books/whatever. There are no restrictions.

• Like 2

Immediately, and I mean IMMEDIATELY, absolute first-order-of business rename Woodstock Express back to Beastie...

...And I've said before in a different topic, have it REMAIN as Beastie, no matter what company's licensed cartoon characters in fuzzy costumes are roving nearby...I don't care, it STAYS known as Beastie (and perhaps even out the tunnel back in, but that's a different matter...)

As for what I would make the other names, I'd have to think on that for a little. But I will be sure to get back to you on that as this is a good topic.:)

• Like 6

6 hours ago, super7 said:

Some of us that have been around a while still think of that coaster as Scoobie Doo :) and want it to be yellow again.

The yellow does look better. It also would match the Peanuts theme. Woodstock is a yellow bird. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

^My thoughts exactly.

It's never failed to amaze me how something that tops out at 26 mph can be among the roughest rides in the park.

Granted, I still think its a decently fun ride for a family coaster, but my goodness does it shuffle...

Ugh...that's oldschool Vekoma for ya...

That is, of course not to be conflated with the new Vekoma, which I will admit have been making some pretty impressive-looking rides as of late and we should try not to let their flawed rides of the past discount what they're truly capable of today.

Vortex- Centrifuge

WindSeeker- Sky Flyer, Super Flight, Flow Through the Breeze 

Invertigo- Rewind, Double Back, Double Take

Congo Falls- Hydro Plunge

Drop Tower- Acrophobia (I know SFoG took it), Fall Out, Terminal Velocity

*Adventure Express- Mine Shaft, Ancient Fury

Backlot Stunt Coaster- Road Rage, Burn Out, XLR-8, Overdrive

Bat- Midnight Flight

Delirium- Flip Out

Flight of Fear- Black Hole, Galaxy Force, Mach 3, Event Horizon, XLR-8

Diamondback- Big Red Machine

Mystic Timbers or *Beast- Bearcat :PB) 

* denotes rides that have Commandments preventing name changes.

• Like 6

I'm not sure I'd rename all the rides, but I do know that I'd rename/re-theme Banshee to "High Voltage" (the name being a reference to a Linkin Park song of the same name (as Action Zone was built around the turn of the millennium)). In addition to the name change, I'd re-paint it silver with Green rails. While this would be the most important change, I could also see myself renaming Congo Falls to Amazon Falls and re-theming Adventure Express to "The Dark Forest Express" featuring Pokémon such as Shiftry, Xatu and other rainforest-esque Pokémon*. Vortex could also be renamed Whirlwind and the song of the same name from Skillet could play in the station. Whirlwind would change from the Blue and Orange to all turquoise track, but keep the same trains (with a different logo on the front).

*It would never happen because of the 11th Commandment (:P) and also I like Adventure Express as is.

• Like 2

Hmmm. Are you saying right after Paramount? I guess I would just add Hawk to every coaster. Invertigohawk, Bathawk, Bansheehawk, Adventure Expresshawk, Blue/Red Racerhawk, Flight of Fearhawk, Vortexhawk, Beasthawk, Back Lot Stunt Coasterhawk, Diamondbackhawk, Mystic Timberhawk, all the Kiddie Hawk coasters...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, upstop said:

Hmmm. Are you saying right after Paramount? I guess I would just add Hawk to every coaster. Invertigohawk, Bathawk, Bansheehawk, Adventure Expresshawk, Blue/Red Racerhawk, Flight of Fearhawk, Vortexhawk, Beasthawk, Back Lot Stunt Coasterhawk, Diamondbackhawk, Mystic Timberhawk, all the Kiddie Hawk coasters...

Would Firehawk be HawkHawk?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

First thing I’d do is change Action Zone to a place called Haunted Hill. We already have Banshee and The Bat which would fit in with the new theme. It would have the flickering lights everywhere like the SV lift hill, along with the fog and scare actors year around. I would def repaint Drop Zone and rename it Demon Drop. Delirium would become Pendulum. I’d also love to fit a Intiman Blitz somewhere in the newly rethemed area called PURGATORY. Needless to say I like the dark theme and the Haunt season is my favorite time of the year.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, BuckeyeBond said:

First thing I’d do is change Action Zone to a place called Haunted Hill. We already have Banshee and The Bat which would fit in with the new theme. It would have the flickering lights everywhere like the SV lift hill, along with the fog and scare actors year around. I would def repaint Drop Zone and rename it Demon Drop. Delirium would become Pendulum. I’d also love to fit a Intiman Blitz somewhere in the newly rethemed area called PURGATORY. Needless to say I like the dark theme and the Haunt season is my favorite time of the year.

Solid idea. I like it.

• Like 1