Oktoberfest Discussion

Klabergian Empire

Turn Festhaust into "international house" with all the fixing from China, 'Merica, Mexico and Italy.  turn Hanks into a German place, bring in Schmidts as a corporate partner.  makes tons of cream puffs, count the cash.

Turn the Bier Garten into a highly themed Bier Garten, extend the seating and have a party like atmosphere w/ live music and german songs/ dancing and celeberation (similar to hofbrau hause) every couple of hours starting at noon (say 1:00, 5:00 & 9:00) or something lasting for 30 minutes or so.  Count the cash from increased beer sales.

Take said cash, and relocate the entrance to Delerium so that it enters from Oktoberfest.  Move the slingshot and install a ferris wheel.  Make Auntie Ann's the official opening of Oktoberfest on one side, the path b/w the international house and relocated Delerium Que as the 2nd, the back back into Coney by the Coke Free Style as your 3rd, and Tower Gardens is brought into Oktoberfest by selling more cream puffs, and creampuffs only at the stand there that I think now does face painting or airbrushing or something.  The Funnel Cake place would be the 4th start of Oktoberfest now locking in the area from all side/entrances.  The Gardens is now a relaxing place to enjoy your cream puff or funnel cake vs the buzz and activity in the Bier Garten.

Finally, the ladder game comes out, and a spinning keg ride is put in its place completing the transformation.

• Like 6

• 1 year later...

Bumping this thread. Here's an idea I came up with. Slingshot doesn't fit that area. They should honestly relocate it to Action Zone or Area 72 and then in the plot where slingshot currently is add a 2 story German lodge restaurant with windows that overlook views of the pond on one side and Banshee on the other side. The restaurant would serve German food. 

• Like 2

How much German food do we think people really eat??? Now there’s “revamp the bier garden” and “add a 2 story German restaurant”? I think we overestimate a love if weiner schnitzel LOL! I’d rather see Oktoberfest wrap on around and take over Action Zone with new landscaping and revamped building facades and make that at area the “rides of the festival”. Focus FestHaus on German food. Relocate Panda To a new Chinese “mini area” (maybe where chick fil a is since that’s where China goes for Carnivale. Chick fil A goes to the LaRosas in Rivertown (chicken is more “frontier” than pizza). Burrito shack, Adventure Express, restrooms, and a new flat (where air brush is) make a “Mexico and South American” mini land. Maybe an additional food offering that’s more Brazil over where done if those rope ladder games area. These new “mini lands” make sense coming off of international street as they are areas not represented by those buildings. 

I definitely think there’s an audience for German - America dishes. Oktoberfest is super popular on both sides of the river. I also use Goettafest as an example of how “German” food can be exciting and popular. I think it’d be more about creative dishes then tradition German dishes (unfortunately). That, and as stated above, desserts.  

• Like 2

It wouldn't be just standard German food. It would feature dishes you can find at events like Oktoberfest like @beastfan11 talked about above. Maybe throw some Irish Pub food in there as well like reubens and ham and cheese sandwiches. Plus it would feature patio seating and a fireplace inside. Would add another indoor eating place for Winterfest. Just my idea. 

• Like 4

I like @medford's idea of an international-themed restaurant. That way, you could keep Panda Express (which some people do like...my wife is one of them) and even, I guess, the pizza (although I've found that the pizza at Festhaus tends to be the worst in the entire park; not sure why). Add a taco bar, some German food...change the burrito shack to a place that serves grilled brats and sauerkraut. 

Festhaus used to feel special. That was where they had the most elaborate shows (the ice show was in there for a bit) and it was a really cool deal to head in, get a meal and take a break for a bit. Now it feels like an afterthought; the food is usually subpar, the shows have to compete with the arcade (do they even dim the lights for the shows anymore?). 

I'd love to see them really focus on Festhaus. Put a standout show in there, get rid of the arcade games and TV screens (make it a live entertainment destination). Get good, unique food in there. And move in a good bar with a dozen taps and other options. It's so tossed off right now, but it could be as big a destination as anyplace in the park, especially for families with young kids or older visitors who aren't riders. 

• Like 3

I believe that they have removed all of the arcade games that used to reside in Festhause.  They were dimming the lights for Tinker`s Toy Factory this past Winterfest.  Hopefully, we see the return of a live show in the Festhaus during the summer months this season.  Same goes for International Showplace.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, CoastersRZ said:

I believe that they have removed all of the arcade games that used to reside in Festhause.  They were dimming the lights for Tinker`s Toy Factory this past Winterfest.  Hopefully, we see the return of a live show in the Festhaus during the summer months this season.  Same goes for International Showplace.

Good to hear! 

Yeah, International Showplace needs some TLC. Honestly, if the 50th anniversary brought a revamped Festhaus, a great show in International Showplace, and the return of the International Restaurant, I'd be very happy. 

• Like 2

• 8 months later...
39 minutes ago, PKIDelirium said:

Banshee is an Irish legend, and being less than ten years old I doubt they'd want to redo the theme on it.

Instead of Oktoberfest expansion, perhaps Oktoberfest could become an originally-named "dark forest" or something like it, overall kind of a haunted theme.

I wouldn’t rule out a new theming for any ride including Banshee. I would love to see an immersive Dark Forest themed area, but I would like to see some German theming remain in some way.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PKIDelirium said:

Emporium building is what was originally called the German Building and Festhaus/Viking are right there, so still have some there.

The German theming will be extremely minimal for what Oktoberfest used to be even compared to this season. While the Oktoberfest signage and German themed rides are long gone, it is sad to see the Biergarten go as well.

• Like 1

On 10/22/2022 at 6:06 PM, FUN&ONLY! said:

The German theming will be extremely minimal for what Oktoberfest used to be even compared to this season. While the Oktoberfest signage and German themed rides are long gone, it is sad to see the Biergarten go as well.

Maybe with a much smaller area they can actually add and maintain some decor. No reason there couldn’t be a smaller bier garden where the unused bar behind emporium is with new seating, overhead lighting and flags. Actually that “mini land” could be quite cute. Might need to rework Viking Fury queue a bit to not dump out right into seating area as much, but it really doesn’t need the massive line it has. Even if they gave it a little plaza cut back into the mulch wasteland back there. Would be great if they could get one more flat worked in to the right of Festhaus. Even something that played off the Maypole idea like a Samba tower with sone cool trim elements. I think they would definitely need to have some solid German food in FestHaus (I’d kick out panda and do it there so it doesn’t get burried in with the other side- then keep the other side one line “bad American “ and the other rotate out different countries using the CARNIVALE food template. Give Festhouse and overall “International food hall” feel. At Christmas put a giant spinning pyramid where the stein topiary goes. 

04F3D7EB-1B6A-417C-A5B2-729BA8407A8B.jpeg

• Like 2

6 hours ago, PKIDelirium said:

Banshee is an Irish legend, and being less than ten years old I doubt they'd want to redo the theme on it.

Instead of Oktoberfest expansion, perhaps Oktoberfest could become an originally-named "dark forest" or something like it, overall kind of a haunted theme.

IF they wanted to re-theme Banshee as part of an AZ re-theme, I don't think that would be the expensive or difficult part of the change.

It would need a sign, new paint scheme (will need new paint anyway) and  tombstones (if they want to keep them). Nothing else is strictly Irish. Call it Poltergeist assuming Six Flags Fiesta Texas is ok with that, if not something similar.

6 hours ago, PKIDelirium said:

4 hours ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

9 minutes ago, KI Guy said:

IF they wanted to re-theme Banshee as part of an AZ re-theme, I don't think that would be the expensive or difficult part of the change. It would need a new paint scheme (will need new paint anyway) and new tombstones (if they want to keep them). Nothing else is strictly Irish. Just call it Poltergeist assuming Six Flags Fiesta Texas is ok with that.

Don't forget about the predicted map that I made.

Mention.png

(P.S. Yes I did include Adventure Port)

• Like 1