Coasterstock 2019 - May 17th & 18th

Kings Island once again will be hosting Coasterstock on May 17-18th in 2019. Be on the lookout for tickets sales and event details later in January to join this once a year celebration with Kings Island. Tickets for Coasterstock 2019 go on sale February 1. 

Keep in mind, if you're not a member of a coaster club, you'll need to join a club first and have your membership card before you buy a ticket. The registration form this year will require the club/organization membership number. Be diligent in filling out your info and make sure it is accurate before submitting. 

KICentral is very excited about another year of Coasterstock for friendship, coasters, food, guest speakers, tours, and of course ERT! Tell us what you like most about Coasterstock in this thread!

20180518_095926.jpg20180518_152247_001.jpg20180519_091845.jpg20180518_115138.jpg20180519_075924.jpg

• Like 7

3 hours ago, 139Signal27 said:

What has everyone thought of the train presentation in the past? Assuming it's part of next year's itinerary, what would everyone like to see?

I think this year it would be great to focus on how the train is operated and maintained.

1. What daily inspections are required?
  2. What do the engineers not like about operating the train? 
  3. How are they different to operate in changing weather conditions? (rain, heat, cold, snow)
  4. Is the track inspected? When and how often?
  5. Do they ever break down during a cycle? If so, are they repaired there or brought back to maintenance? 
  6. If a break down were to happen how are they brought back to maintenance? I assume you can not call a tow truck.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Will the gaming convention announced today for May 18 have any impact on having Coasterstock the same weekend?  With Saturday school field trips and the popularity of the gaming convention (combined with the park is not typically fully staffed this early in the season) the park will likely be extremely crowded on Saturday.  Maybe better enjoy Coasterstock on Friday if the May 17-18 date still holds for Coasterstock.

• Like 3

On 1/11/2019 at 3:18 PM, Winterfestguy said:

Will the gaming convention announced today for May 18 have any impact on having Coasterstock the same weekend?  With Saturday school field trips and the popularity of the gaming convention (combined with the park is not typically fully staffed this early in the season) the park will likely be extremely crowded on Saturday.  Maybe better enjoy Coasterstock on Friday if the May 17-18 date still holds for Coasterstock.

There are usually multiple events going on in the park the same weekend as CoasterStock. 

With the emphasis on attempting to make this successfulstaff will be pulling out everything they can with the multiple events of the conference occurring at the same time.  I agree there have been multiple events going on at the same time with Coasterstock before, but nothing of this magnitude (it would be like having Coasterstock the same day as Spirit Song - huge crowds and wait times).   There really are not many other good dates that remain to select from without competing with other coaster events (not that makes any difference but two coaster events on same day can make a difficult decision)  - May 10-12 ACE Preservation conference which includes Kentucky Kingdom, May 24-25 is Memorial Day weekend, May 31- June 1 Hollywood nights, and CP Coastermania confirmed for June 7.  Can’t wait to see which dates are finally confirmed for Coasterstock and this summer to arrive.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

From @DonHelbig Mark your calendar! Coasterstock 2019 at Kings Island will be held May 17-18. Full details will be released later this month including the on-sale date for tickets.

Yes! :D Me and my dad will be there for sure! This will be my first coaster event at KI since we did BeastBuzz back in 2004(The Beast's 25th anniversary year), so it seems kinda fitting that we'll be there to celebrate The Beast's 40th.

• Like 3

I still have never been to this event.  Have not even been a member of a coaster club before.  Which to go to this event, that is a requirement, yes?  Would love to come this year, and I finally have a schedule where that could be possible. 

I know there has been some discussion on these clubs in the past, as before I made this post I did do a search. I found some good info about which costs the least to join etc.  Did not really find anything though on if any of these clubs have significant advantage over the others as far as KI event?  If money is no object, is there advantages of being a part of ACE over joining Great Ohio?  Specifically The Beast feature mentioned in the above post?  Of course it would be great to support all of the clubs, but if I have not been a member of one before, and if this will be my first Coasterstock, will there be more events I can attend as a member of ACE over Great Ohio or others?

• Like 1

I have some questions regarding Coasterstock 2019, since my sister and the 2 friends we went to all the parks with in 2018 are interested and were looking stuff up:

#1- Does Coaster Crew's (the club we were looking at) "Family" bundles count as Platinum? Because on the 2018 Coasterstock page on KI's web site, it lists Coaster Crew Platinum as eligible clubs.

#2- Is it possible for the event to sell out, and if so, how fast does it happen? I ask this because depending when tickets go on sale, we may not have the money for them ASAP.

Other than that, that is all. I am very hopeful to finally get to go to my first coaster event, should this all fall into place. And I love that it is going to be Beast-Heavy, because 10 years ago on The Beast was when I broke my fear of roller coasters so this would be a great way to celebrate my first decade of coaster enthusiasm. :P

• Like 1

Just now, IndyGuy4KI said:

@McSalsa

Calling on @chugh43 for your first question.

As the event gets more popular, it is advised to get your ticket early, for it is possible for it to sell out. I would not procrastinate!

Thanks. We will try to get our tickets ASAP as they go on sale, just depends when we get money. But we for sure will try not to hold out TOO long, of course.

1 hour ago, chugh43 said:

Yes the family membership counts as Platinum. 

Thanks! Now I have all the info I needed. Looks like I might be attending Coasterstock 2019! Really excited for all the behind-the-scenes stuff, ERT (including Night Vortex @VortexBFForever), included food (I was about to call it free but you are paying $40+ per ticket) and guest speakers.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, McSalsa said:

Thanks! Now I have all the info I needed. Looks like I might be attending Coasterstock 2019! Really excited for all the behind-the-scenes stuff, ERT (including Night Vortex @VortexBFForever), included food (I was about to call it free but you are paying $40+ per ticket) and guest speakers.

You are welcome! Enjoy it's a great event! 

• Like 1

New blog post about Coasterstock!

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/blog/2019/january/tickets-for-coasterstock-2019-go-on-sale-friday-exclusively-online

Keep in mind, if you're not a member of a coaster club, you'll need to join a club first and have your membership card before you buy a ticket. The registration form this year will require the club/organization membership number.

Be diligent in filling out your info and make sure it is accurate before submitting. 

We look forward to seeing you at Coasterstock!

• Like 2

• IndyGuy4KI unpinned and unfeatured this topic