Jump to content
IndyGuy4KI

Coasterstock 2019 - May 17th & 18th

Recommended Posts

If anyone has a coasterstock ticket and they're not planning to go anymore, please let me know! My friend was one day late registering and buying her ticket and I really don't want to go to the event alone. It doesn't matter if the ticket is season pass or not, I will pay full price. Thank you!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/7/2019 at 11:27 AM, BeeastFarmer said:

I got notified that my Coasterstock package will arrive today.

 

How were you notified?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Cedar Fair Fanboy said:

Hey guys. Since their will be a Behind the scenes tour at The Racer.

We can see what is going on with "Orion"

You mean the new Dippin' Dots stand.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Cedar Fair Fanboy said:

NO THAT.Kings-Island-2020-Construction-018.jpg

 

Please do not use all caps! It is considered yelling and rude. That is against the terms of service. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Cedar Fair Fanboy said:

NO THAT.Kings-Island-2020-Construction-018.jpg

 

Ahh, the new x base bathroom and Coke freestyle stand.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/10/2019 at 10:23 AM, Theoutdoorkid107 said:

Ahh, the new x base bathroom and Coke freestyle stand.

Do you think this freestyle stand will be open only on the odd hours, when it's under 80 degrees outside on a Tuesday? 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guest speakers at lunch!

Mike KoontzIMG_20190517_122833_284.jpg

 

Chef James Major

IMG_20190517_124347_164.jpg

Jeff Gramke (co-designer of The Beast)

IMG_20190517_124747_558.jpg

KICentral members enjoying some Fountain ERT!

IMG_20190517_134856_624.jpg

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kings Island rolled out the red carpet for Coasterstock. Not just Don, Chad, and his team for organizing a great event. We have to acknowledge the ride ops that stayed late and came in early. Maintenance for getting the rides running for ERT. Chef Major and his department for feeding us. That whole park worked tirelessly to make CoasterStock a great event for us enthusiasts and they made it look like it was any other operating day.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a great Coasterstock article! I thought the few paragraphs explaining about coaster enthusiasts was a nice touch as some Blog readers may not be familiar with us. Just out of curiosity, which Haunt maze did attendees get to walk through?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MDMC01 said:

What a great Coasterstock article! I thought the few paragraphs explaining about coaster enthusiasts was a nice touch as some Blog readers may not be familiar with us. Just out of curiosity, which Haunt maze did attendees get to walk through?

Slaughterhouse

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was a great event! I even was given a tour of the Kings Island Theater including behind the scenes of Gravity. Looking forward to seeing the show again!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This was my third Coasterstock and it was another great year.  I really enjoyed both Jeff Gramke and Dennis Spiegel.  I also thought it was smart for Don to vet the questions this year rather than the random free for all non vetted questions.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Rivertown Rider said:

This was my third Coasterstock and it was another great year.  I really enjoyed both Jeff Gramke and Dennis Spiegel.  I also thought it was smart for Don to vet the questions this year rather than the random free for all non vetted questions.

I too liked the submit your questions format. It also keeps the Q&A time to a decant amount of time.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/20/2019 at 8:07 PM, Shaggy said:

I just wanted to point out that I'm clearly visible in the train shot photo. I'm behind one guys head and waiving.

Coaster Stock 2019 was the best one I've attended yet! The weather was perfect, I met some new friends, me and my friends enjoyed the ERT, the food was fantastic, and the behind the scenes tours were just as awesome. I re-met Malem aka Michael and then there was another guy with him named Brad. I forgot his screen name on here so If you see this, please quote me and say who you are. I also wanted to add, that I loved hearing the guests speakers that Don Helbig invited to the luncheon and dinner meets. The only thing that I wish would have happened is for me to run into Charlie Brown, but I'll catch that blockhead another day.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Shawn Meyer said:

I just wanted to point out that I'm clearly visible in the train shot photo. I'm behind one guys head and waiving.

Coaster Stock 2019 was the best one I've attended yet! The weather was perfect, I met some new friends, me and my friends enjoyed the ERT, the food was fantastic, and the behind the scenes tours were just as awesome. I re-met Malem aka Michael and then there was another guy with him named Brad. I forgot his screen name on here so If you see this, please quote me and say who you are. I also wanted to add, that I loved hearing the guests speakers that Don Helbig invited to the luncheon and dinner meets. The only thing that I wish would have happened is for me to run into Charlie Brown, but I'll catch that blockhead another day.

@malem is Matthew and I am Brad! Nice to see meet you.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^ Ok there was another guy on here named Jim but forgot his screen name. Could the guy named Jim please step forward on this thread?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Shawn Meyer said:

^ Ok there was another guy on here named Jim but forgot his screen name. Could the guy named Jim please step forward on this thread?

I'm pretty sure you introduced yourself to me on Friday morning - outside the gate ;-)

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...