Sign in to follow this  
IndyGuy4KI

Coasterstock 2019

The park has told us they have tentatively put May 17-18th as the dates for the 2019 Coasterstock at Kings Island. Do not go booking your hotel rooms just yet until it is totally official. We will keep you updated with official info as we get it.

Who is excited for another year of friendship, coasters, food, guest speakers, tours, and of course ERT!

20180518_095926.jpg20180518_152247_001.jpg20180519_091845.jpg20180518_115138.jpg20180519_075924.jpg

3 hours ago, 139Signal27 said:

What has everyone thought of the train presentation in the past? Assuming it's part of next year's itinerary, what would everyone like to see?

I think this year it would be great to focus on how the train is operated and maintained.

1. What daily inspections are required?
  2. What do the engineers not like about operating the train? 
  3. How are they different to operate in changing weather conditions? (rain, heat, cold, snow)
  4. Is the track inspected? When and how often?
  5. Do they ever break down during a cycle? If so, are they repaired there or brought back to maintenance? 
  6. If a break down were to happen how are they brought back to maintenance? I assume you can not call a tow truck.

Will the gaming convention announced today for May 18 have any impact on having Coasterstock the same weekend?  With Saturday school field trips and the popularity of the gaming convention (combined with the park is not typically fully staffed this early in the season) the park will likely be extremely crowded on Saturday.  Maybe better enjoy Coasterstock on Friday if the May 17-18 date still holds for Coasterstock.

On 1/11/2019 at 3:18 PM, Winterfestguy said:

Will the gaming convention announced today for May 18 have any impact on having Coasterstock the same weekend?  With Saturday school field trips and the popularity of the gaming convention (combined with the park is not typically fully staffed this early in the season) the park will likely be extremely crowded on Saturday.  Maybe better enjoy Coasterstock on Friday if the May 17-18 date still holds for Coasterstock.

There are usually multiple events going on in the park the same weekend as CoasterStock. 

With the emphasis on attempting to make this successfulstaff will be pulling out everything they can with the multiple events of the conference occurring at the same time.  I agree there have been multiple events going on at the same time with Coasterstock before, but nothing of this magnitude (it would be like having Coasterstock the same day as Spirit Song - huge crowds and wait times).   There really are not many other good dates that remain to select from without competing with other coaster events (not that makes any difference but two coaster events on same day can make a difficult decision)  - May 10-12 ACE Preservation conference which includes Kentucky Kingdom, May 24-25 is Memorial Day weekend, May 31- June 1 Hollywood nights, and CP Coastermania confirmed for June 7.  Can’t wait to see which dates are finally confirmed for Coasterstock and this summer to arrive.

32 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

From @DonHelbig Mark your calendar! Coasterstock 2019 at Kings Island will be held May 17-18. Full details will be released later this month including the on-sale date for tickets.

Yes! :D Me and my dad will be there for sure! This will be my first coaster event at KI since we did BeastBuzz back in 2004(The Beast's 25th anniversary year), so it seems kinda fitting that we'll be there to celebrate The Beast's 40th.