Things KI Can Do For Money

NewD4y20

I think the park has done a great job of adding in new and fun activities over the years. Recent non-ride examples being beach volleyball, a petting zoo, and park-wide wifi.

Do you feel like there are still services yet to be offered that you would pay extra for?

I think it would be great if Kings Island added a massage parlor, maybe somewhere around International Street. I mean you spend all that time walking around the park, why not have a place where you can kick your feet up and release your stress and tightness? Sounds like paradise and Kings Island just collided!

Another idea is a photoshop both. They had one in the 90s, why not today? Too scared or little to ride Son of Beast back in the day? Well boom, here's a photoshopped ride photo for you to convince people otherwise!

Lastly I would recommend a merchandise club. Basically the more merch you buy, the more you get to save, but not just on the high profit items. Time to get your KI swag on!

Anything I left out?

I hear they are making improvements and innovations in VR. I'm looking forward to seeing how immersive they can make it now in the late teens/early 20s and beyond! 

@flightoffear1996 valet would be nice, sometimes the most stressful part of the KI day is finding a parking spot.

@harveyhaddixfan I really like the thought of the first fast pass for the season being heavily discounted. I don't know how I feel about season long/bulk Fast Pass. Worried it could become overused causing congested lines while simultaneously dampering the experience of the kids with less fortunate parents.

@SonofBaconator

What would it be like inside of the VR headset on a coaster? Would it be like a filter with extra images/effects added to your normal vision? Or are you talking completely new images being the only thing you see? Would there still be a way to choose what you are looking at to not feel like your head was spinning disconnected from reality?

@Rivertown Rider

Good mention. I remember the year Banshee opened it seemed like they must of had 20 different designs for just that one coaster. Seems like they could have had at least one solid design for every other coaster. 

I kind of prefer the bold and simple designs myself. I feel like some of the designs miss the mark, and appear more as a concert or NASCAR tshirt more than they do as a trendy novelty tee.

Speaking of designs, whoever did the KIC designs for this site really nailed it out of the park!

• Like 4

[mention=10529]harveyhaddixfan[/mention] I really like the thought of the first fast pass for the season being heavily discounted. I don't know how I feel about season long/bulk Fast Pass. Worried it could become overused causing congested lines while simultaneously dampering the experience of the kids with less fortunate parents.

I’m not talking a pass for a whole day, I mean a 1 time use. Kind of like what they hand out at the wheel for a $5 spin, only this would be good for 1 ride on any ride. This would be for those that don’t/won’t/can’t spend money on a FL pass for a day. Would be an up front purchase that could be used a few at a time throughout the year.
  • Like 1

[mention=10529]harveyhaddixfan[/mention]
Ok I can dig it. What monetary value would you place on said front of the line tickets? I used to hit up the prize wheel for $5 all the time when the odds were much better.

I think $50 for 10 passes is a fair deal. Same price as the wheel, but since you pay for 10 up front, you get choice of ride. If you buy FL for a day, you can probably get in 25-30 rides or more. So at $5 a ride vs $2-3 if you get your money’s worth out of a whole day pass seems good.
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Rivertown Rider said:

One of the things I would like to see the park do is add a bigger selection of shirts at the park.  CP has a shirt option for every big coaster.  I would like to see that come to KI as well.

I second this! If they had a KI coaster shirt series similar to CP’s, I would totally buy Bat and Flight of Fear* shirts!

*On a related note, can we have some Flight of CHEER merch? I feel like this is a missed opportunity; I would gladly buy a Flight of Cheer shirt if it was available.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

To go back to the original topic I would like to see two things come out of VR. One being a filter where you feel like you're flying along with bats during the ride. The second one being a more detailed, original story that fits the ride theme of The Bat.

Speaking of- What is the consensus on the Iron Dragon VR at CP? When I went up this year the line was too long for an unknown quantity (whereas I night time ride on MF is always a win). Seems like it could be awesome if done well.

14 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

To go back to the original topic I would like to see two things come out of VR. One being a filter where you feel like you're flying along with bats during the ride. The second one being a more detailed, original story that fits the ride theme of The Bat.

I have no desire for KI to get VR unless it is a new ride designed with it. I love The Bat the way it is. Please do not slow down capacity with VR.

If you want to see Bats on a ride, go ride MT and hope you get them in the shed.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, HandsUp said:

Speaking of- What is the consensus on the Iron Dragon VR at CP? When I went up this year the line was too long for an unknown quantity (whereas I night time ride on MF is always a win). Seems like it could be awesome if done well.

There is no consensus.  Some like it some don’t.   It is interesting but GearVR is not the right technology for it and I am not convinced coasters or VR are enhanced by combination. The upcoming Quest, Go or Odyssey+ may be better fits, but you are still left with fitting headsets which is never going to be a high capacity operation.  To many issues: glasses, hygiene, comfortable fit, alignment, pupillary distance plus many more.  

I don't think a ride overlaid with VR is in the cards (Six Flags proved that the concept is clunky, at best), but a stand-alone VR game much like the Secrets of the Empire Star Wars VR experience at Disney Springs at WDW would be a nice addition.  Having seen previews of the game there, I can say it's pretty awesome.   It costs about $25 pp to play (there are some coupons out there, though) and it's been quite successful there.  It could easily go into an existing building (the half of Boo Blasters formerly home to Carnevil, the former Action Theatre for example).

• Like 1

I think Kings Island should consider making some merchandise limited edition and be marketed as such. Doing so would increase the exclusivety and make the merchandise feel more like collector items instead of just nic nacs.

Would anyone here sell their piece of Son of Beast track for the same price they bought it for? I doubt it.

On 12/10/2018 at 8:34 AM, NewD4y20 said:

I think it would be great if Kings Island added a massage parlor, maybe somewhere around International Street. I mean you spend all that time walking around the park, why not have a place where you can kick your feet up and release your stress and tightness? 

While I personally would love a massage after a long day, would anyone want to give a massage to someone who is dripping sweat after having spent all afternoon in 100+ heat??? Especially at the KI rate of pay???

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Honorarius said:

While I personally would love a massage after a long day, would anyone want to give a massage to someone who is dripping sweat after having spent all afternoon in 100+ heat??? Especially at the KI rate of pay???

I think you'd be surprised. 

Also many places offer table shower.