Would a new skyride work?

Klabergian Empire

Would a new SkyRide work in the previous SkyRide location?  

66 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Still hoping that in a few years we can get the one from CA Great America.....if they moved the one from coney island 50 years ago surely they can figure out how to move the CA one to Kings Island. I'll take the skyride over any of CAGA coasters any day! 

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Since the old path of the Skyride is now closed to us with Sllngshot area being used for the 2023 additions, these are the area's I think we could see the Skyride return too, if it does, I hope.

1. Green from Planet Snoopy to Coney Mall, my 1st choice. This would look the best and be great for pictures looking from the front of the park. 

2. Blue in Coney Mall, my 2nd choice.

3.  White in Action Zone to Area 72.

4. Yellow from Planet Snoopy to Soak City.

Screenshot (288) - Copy.png

On 10/27/2022 at 9:47 AM, Imperial79 said:

Since the old path of the Skyride is now closed to us with Sllngshot area being used for the 2023 additions, these are the area's I think we could see the Skyride return too, if it does, I hope.

1. Green from Planet Snoopy to Coney Mall, my 1st choice. This would look the best and be great for pictures looking from the front of the park. 

2. Blue in Coney Mall, my 2nd choice.

3.  White in Action Zone to Area 72.

4. Yellow from Planet Snoopy to Soak City.

Screenshot (288) - Copy.png

Blue: Adventure Port will make it hard for the skyway to go there to Shake Rattle and Roll (Beside, Cedar Fair do want to keep this ride.)

Yellow: Can't cause Woodstock gliders is in it's way.

White: Racer's lift is in it's way.

Green: Same answer as Blue including Diamondback.

10 hours ago, Oldschool75 said:

This post didn't age well. LOL

No it didn't LOL

Looking back in this thread, I now think something along the lines of a Coney Mall skyride going along the strip is the best option now. @SonofBaconator had some good illustrations as to what that could look like.

• Thanks 1

https://www.fox23.com/news/exclusive-state-recommends-historic-status-expo-square-skyride-after-fox23-investigations/QD2VEV23PZBA7FTCNCZK36WUHY/

Did anyone else see this article? I think our dreams of seeing the CAGA Skyride relocated just got dashed to pieces. Guess there's some issues about von roll skyrides being moved. They are grandfathered in around the current building codes and that they can't be relocated because they aren't up to "new building codes" or something? Can anyone shed any light on the topic of von roll Skyride relocation because if you can't relocate then I guess the CAGA one is going to the scrap yard....

14 minutes ago, johnjniehaus said:

https://www.fox23.com/news/exclusive-state-recommends-historic-status-expo-square-skyride-after-fox23-investigations/QD2VEV23PZBA7FTCNCZK36WUHY/

Did anyone else see this article? I think our dreams of seeing the CAGA Skyride relocated just got dashed to pieces. Guess there's some issues about von roll skyrides being moved. They are grandfathered in around the current building codes and that they can't be relocated because they aren't up to "new building codes" or something? Can anyone shed any light on the topic of von roll Skyride relocation because if you can't relocate then I guess the CAGA one is going to the scrap yard....

More than likely accessibility has a lot to do with it.  Skyrides such as CGA's were installed before being wheelchair and motor-skooter equipped were law.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Klabergian Empire said:

No it didn't LOL

Looking back in this thread, I now think something along the lines of a Coney Mall skyride going along the strip is the best option now. @SonofBaconator had some good illustrations as to what that could look like.

My concept (below) was made prior to the announcement of Adventure Port.932ED8C8-6086-4582-8E4C-675EE640A8A1.png

I originally had it to where one station stood where the basketball game was while the other one was where Shake Rattle n Roll currently is (I relocated it across from Killmart.)

In theory, you could still have a skyride there, just move it down a bit:

2D7FEA81-5B34-4293-A5EA-408B8C23E207.png

I always thought that they should relocate SRR and expand the pathway where Coney Mall bends, especially with KMAA jetting into the midway. Make it one straight midway and you could have the skyride end there by Vortex’s old station 

• Like 1

I know alot of people would say not to disturb the sanctity of The Beast.  But I would love a skyride going back in the woods and even go over part of The Beast would be great.

That also takes away from using the skyride to get from one end the park to the other.  But hey, the skyride at Lesourdsville Lake just took you over the lake and back and it was fun.

• Like 1

On 10/29/2022 at 4:05 PM, Cedar Fair Fanboy said:

Blue: Adventure Port will make it hard for the skyway to go there to Shake Rattle and Roll (Beside, Cedar Fair do want to keep this ride.)

Yellow: Can't cause Woodstock gliders is in it's way.

White: Racer's lift is in it's way.

Green: Same answer as Blue including Diamondback.

I don't think Woodstock Gliders, The Racer's lift or Diamondback would be in the way, but maybe I'm wrong.  Looking at CGA's Skyride path, Patriot is very close to it along with some tree's it goes over, and it's not a problem for the Skyride they have. 

• Like 1