Kings Island Receives iROC Award

nicescoot

http://amusementtoday.com/2018/12/international-ride-training-announces-the-2018-iroc-ride-operations-excellence-award-winning-parks/

It was just released today that Kings Island is one of four parks to receive the 2018 iROC Audit Excellence Award. Congrats to all of the ride ops for doing a great job and keeping everyone safe

(Sorry if this has already been mentioned in another topic)

• Like 8

How interesting.  Both Kings Island and Holiday World won awards.  One park whole-heartedly encourages their guests to have a great time and re-ride to your hearts content if there are no lines while the other continues to annoy it's guests with it's ridiculous no re-ride policy and blames iROC.  Things that make you go hummmmmm........

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Beast Rider said:

How interesting.  Both Kings Island and Holiday World won awards.  One park whole-heartedly encourages their guests to have a great time and re-ride to your hearts content if there are no lines while the other continues to annoy it's guests with it's ridiculous no re-ride policy and blames iROC.  Things that make you go hummmmmm........

Chill out and walk around.

• Like 5

Congrats to ride crews at Kings Island, Valleyfair, Holiday World and The Park at OWA.

At Coney, we train using the "Ten Critical Components" that are referenced in the news release.  My direct report boss (the Director of Operations at Coney), has attended the Ride Operator Safety Schools the past couple of years.

• Like 4

On 12/13/2018 at 2:57 PM, NewD4y20 said:

How long were you in for?

Whoops....bad typo on my part..........

On 12/13/2018 at 3:12 PM, The Beast Rider said:

I think the individual parks that use iROC form their own standards with the company and more or less just follow their 10 components. Like even within Cedar Fair there are different operating policies. As far as I know, Cedar Point uses iROC as well but they barely do any verbal signals and check some restraints from back to front compared to KI where they are required to do verbal signals and are required to check front to back. I've also been told that Carowinds does their operations differently even though they also use iROC. KI sent some ride ops there for a week this spring to help with a week of daily ops and a few I know all told me that Carowinds doesn't do certain things that Kings Island does like spieling for downtime if the ride gets stuck. Granted these parks didn't earn the award like KI so it may not be the best to compare them but it just kind of shows that parks with iROC aren't always consistent with each other

4 hours ago, The Beast Rider said:

Why?  There is no point.  It serves no purpose except to aggravate people.  Someone will get hurt one day running all the way around (for no reason) then where will they be?

Mason Ohio.

I guess they believe no rerides are the lesser of the two evils liability wise..

• Like 2

On 12/14/2018 at 3:43 PM, The Beast Rider said:

Why?  There is no point.  It serves no purpose except to aggravate people.  Someone will get hurt one day running all the way around (for no reason) then where will they be?

I'm sure you know more about these policies than the professionals who set them.

For real though. The point of no rerides is to ensure guests are taking the appropriate recovery time between rides. Kinda like adult swims at pools.

• Like 1