Something about a Kings Island getting a Parade?

NewD4y20

25 minutes ago, NewD4y20 said:

-"Joyous Culture Celebrations"

-"Extravagantly Decorated Floats"

-''Mesmerizing Street Performers and Pulsing Rhythms of Cultures"

-"Spectacle of Color" as proposed name.

And people here still want to believe that the park will "Re-Germanize" Oktoberfest. If you can see the writing on the wall, it will be the opposite. 

Who wanted that notion? 

1 hour ago, NewD4y20 said:

-"Joyous Culture Celebrations"

-"Extravagantly Decorated Floats"

-''Mesmerizing Street Performers and Pulsing Rhythms of Cultures"

-"Spectacle of Color" as proposed name.

And people here still want to believe that the park will "Re-Germanize" Oktoberfest. If you can see the writing on the wall, it will be the opposite. 

How is a new parade connected to updating theming in Oktoberfest?

• Like 2

I missed this, somehow.

I LOVE the idea of this. I've daydreamed about the park having some sort of international celebration with a parade on International Street several times. They kind of read my mind, so to me, this kind of the coolest. Sign me up.

Even better if it takes place at night with special lighting, either Edison bulb-y or like the Main Street Electrical Parade at Disney. But even if they stick with existing lighting, I'm still all in.

Hopefully they give it a shot!

19 hours ago, TombRaiderFTW said:

I missed this, somehow.

I LOVE the idea of this. I've daydreamed about the park having some sort of international celebration with a parade on International Street several times. They kind of read my mind, so to me, this kind of the coolest. Sign me up.

Even better if it takes place at night with special lighting, either Edison bulb-y or like the Main Street Electrical Parade at Disney. But even if they stick with existing lighting, I'm still all in.

Hopefully they give it a shot!

Sorry to burst your bubble, but everyone gets this wrong. Edison bulbs were very, very dim. It wasn’t until much later that bulbs were similar in output to the bulbs we have today.

I think a parade through International Street would be an interesting addition and could be very interesting if done right. If Peanuts Celebration returns this upcoming season, I think a Peanuts Parade would be a perfect addition to the festivities.

Outside of that event, I can't imagine anything other than a holiday or maybe even a Halloween parade.

After thinking about this, what would the route even be? International st seems too tight with the trees and everything for any real floats. They could cross the main entrance and go towards Action Zone. Maybe into Oktoberfest or coney, but it has to end somewhere with backstage access. Doable I'm sure, but I'm just not sure what route they'd take. 

When they had the Nickelodeon Celebration Parade back in 2005 and 2006 as well as the Winterfest Parade back in 2005, the parade started in the back of house area in Planet Snoopy.  It continued past the blue ice cream stand, in front of the family care station/Chik Fil A, on the front side of the Eiffel Tower, past the funnel cake building, into Coney Mall (on the Subway side) and exited the park midways at the gate behind Zephyr.  I would imagine if a parade ever returns, that it will take a similar route through the park.

• Like 3

^Agreed with the route.  Considering I-Street is still the main thoroughfare in and out of the park and a good chunk of those people head straight, using the paths that run by the fountain would pretty much shut down I-Street for a parade which you don't want near the main entrance.  

• 4 years later...