Which Engine Do You Prefer?

Klabergian Empire

Which Train? Blue Or Green  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I prefer the green because it's the less cosmetically touched of the two locomotives.

http___i1325.photobucket.com_albums_u625_sonofbaconator_KIC_railroad_zps6701de49.jpg

The blue one just seems to "colorful" for me. I like the way it used to look back in the 70s when it was originally built with blue domes and a larger smoke stack. The straight stack it currently has isn't completely accurate to the look of an 1800s locomotive. The train resembles more of a coal-burning locomotive as they had straight smoke stacks whereas wood-burning locomotives had bigger smokestacks from the ash cumulated by the wood. 

I've been told they modified the blue engine to give it a little more personality and individuality from the green engine but I still prefer its old look.

Blue_train.jpg02a563b30cdd91d91093f77bea101337.jpgTecumsuhunderthebridge_zpsd784f757.jpg

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
51 minutes ago, silver2005 said:

Question- did the whistles on the locomotives used to be louder?  I seem to recall being able to hear them from outside the park.

I have no preference BTW.

I think they did.

Look at the video from 2008 vs 2010 and you can hear a noticable difference

After 2010 they were pretty loud. Sometime after that, around 2016, they got quiet again- similar to 2008.

2008- quiet

After 2010-loud

On 5/31/2019 at 12:31 AM, 139Signal27 said:

It just depends on how loud the engineer decides to blow the whistle. Those whistles could blow out your ear drums if they were opened all the way.

I read this thinking:

Ya know, that sounds so awesome we need to try that :lol: lol jk