CoasterDynamix trains needed

arrowguy

Desperately in need of as many as 3 CoasterDynamix STATIX B&M hyper or sitdown looper trains. I am trying to reach as many Kings Island guests/enthusiasts as possible (and since these were sold at the park I figured this would fit in the general section but I am willing to post this elsewhere if that will better reach the right sets of eyes). I have worked as an artist in the industry in a variety of areas including concept models and animatronics, and some of the work has included models for events (including IAAPA) but I also do these for collectors. Some of you may remember the gigantic Raptor model that was built for Cedar Point in 2004 - that was me. B)

I am being commissioned to build a working Diamondback model which will include scenery and lights (yes I'm familiar with the one created for the park in 2009 - it is currently in a good home). The trains DO NOT need to be Diamondback STATIX however those would be the most ideal and would save a tremendous amount of time creating my own or even customizing ones that were sold for similar coasters. I am also able to 3D print lap restraints if the best I can do is a Kumba train for example (CoasterDynamix used the same basic mold but featured different restraints accordingly). But I can make use of any of the following trains if you or anyone you know has one they are willing to part with (photo is attached showing some of these):

Diamondback

Silver Star

Apollos Chariot

Kumba

Intimidator (the Carowinds B&M train)

There may have been one more but I can’t recall at the moment. The goal is 2 trains but as some of you know a 3rd STATIX is needed in order to be able to add rows to those 2 and make them closer to actual length. If you or anyone you know has any of these they may be willing to sell (especially Diamondback ones), please contact me as soon as possible on here or at bradjsherman@hotmail.com with "STATIX trains" in the subject line. CoasterDynamix no longer produces these, and most of the parks I have contacted no longer have them in their gift shops. As many of you know, these are hard to find today and only come up on ebay once in awhile. This model is being constructed in 2019 so I am trying to reach out to as many areas as possible now. Thanks in advance everyone - 

statix.jpg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TheRickster said:

Good luck on your search.

I'm just gonna hope you're actually making a model for the unannounced b&m giga we are crossing our fingers for lmao.

Ha ha, sorry it is indeed for a collector. Not sure if a model is being done for the expected Giga.

On 12/26/2018 at 7:42 AM, tuxedoman52 said:

As I recall, CoasterDynamix only has the 4 across B&M trains available, so if you were able to recreate DB's staggered seating that would be cool. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Correct, to save on tooling costs they used a standard design for their hyper, looping and floorless cars which simply got lap or shoulder restraints depending on the train being represented. If I end up having to make my own train I will try to stagger the seating a bit.