What Is Your Favorite Part of the Kings Island Season?

McSalsa

What Is Your Favorite Part of the Kings Island Season?  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well, I thought this up, and figured it would make a great poll. So I made it. :P

I would imagine most of us here like Kings Island, but a random thought popped up in my head: but which part of the Kings Island "Season" is the favorite? I have decided to break the operating season down into 4 sections...

Early Season (April-May)

Basically, this is from passholder preview night to around Memorial Day Weekend. The park has re-opened after being closed for months, yay! Time for first rides on the brand-new attractions! Crowds have not peaked due to most schools still being in session, but the employees also generally have yet to get into the swing of things. Only a few shows are playing at this point usually, and the waterpark and some water rides remain closed.

Main Season (June-August)

Summer is here, and the park has been open a few months now. The waterpark is open now, and most if not all of the live shows should be playing, and the employees should be getting used to their jobs at this point. However, the summer crowds generally begin to kick in around this time (until the end of August or so when school goes back), and it can get very, very hot.

Haunt Season (September-October)

Well, Waterpark is closed again. But now it is time for...Halloween Haunt! There are horror props all over the park, and the park is now open on Fridays and Saturdays until 1am- great for night rides. But, when the Sun goes down, the monsters come out. And so do the insane crowds on Saturdays.

Winterfest (November-December)

Most rides are closed, but in the past we couldn't even ride roller coasters in winter anyway. The horror props give way to beautiful Christmas Lights, and the park ups its show offerings with special holiday shows. It is also usually very cold. BRR!!!

And well, that is my new poll: which of these 4 parts of the Kings Island season do you enjoy the most?

• Like 4

Its kind a tough call between early and mid season.  Early season is the end of the off season, I personally like spring over summer as its cooler, and the lines are shorter on those Fridays, but the main season has all the gears working and the new rides have their kinks worked out by then. 

As @malem and I found out on a P&G visit, having the shows there vs not there is a HUGE difference.  

Can't go wrong ever during this time of year. I will say I do enjoy the early part of main season. I really enjoy May and June when right at park close storms start to roll in. Seeing lightning  in the far far distance  with coaster hills in sight is amazing. Last season we were in line for MT at like 9:45 and I looked at the radar. Huge severe storms were about to roll in. I remember fast walking / jogging to the car. In the parking lot there was a fight between a group of teens and a grandma in a jazzy scooter  and her family. Hilarious. Storms and Coasters are my favorite things.

• Like 2

I like all four seasons for their own reasons, but I'm going to have to give it to the spring/early season. I love seeing the park come back to life (and getting retrained at my rides!) and not worrying about how much of the season remains when it has only started! And of course the long-anticipated first rides of the season are definitely something worth waiting the whole winter.

The fall season is definitely my close second. I love the fall colors, not sweating my head off, and getting some rather chilly rides on my favorites before they close for the season; also, Haunt has started to grow on me!

• Like 2

This is a difficult poll.  I'm voting for WinterFest because I love the entertainment, the lighting, the food and just the overall magic that it gives to the park.

I'd have to say early season comes in a close second for me.  Like @VortexBFForever said, seeing the park come back to life, hearing the familiar sounds and smelling the familiar smells.  Getting the first ride on The Beast for the season and hearing the anti-rollbacks on Vortex.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...