Haunt 2019 Discussion

kingsislandfan1972

Does anyone here remember when they used the drained Congo falls for the scarecrow theamed haunted attraction Corn Stalkers? They only did it one year,  I thought it was a great use of space and it kept the fog centralized. My KI group really obly go for the haunt..the lack of new haunted attractions and the installation of winterfest deco while the haunt is going on not to mention the no boo glowing things is QUICKLY killing the spooky vibe. Back when my group started going to the haunt (2001) there were tons of scare actors romers and haunted attractions through out the park... Even halloween themed prizes at most games.. And it was SCARY. There were even signs that said the park was not necessarily child friendly after 7pm. Can anyone shed some light on to why its been so watered down?

21 hours ago, Snowball said:

Keep in mind that you're seeing it during the day and it's not done yet either.

I honestly believe this is what we are getting as far as quality for Haunt. It's sadly lacking more & more each year. I love Winterfest but it seems as though they are putting more effort towards that & Grand Carnivale than with Haunt.

1 hour ago, ki95 said:

I honestly believe this is what we are getting as far as quality for Haunt. It's sadly lacking more & more each year. I love Winterfest but it seems as though they are putting more effort towards that & Grand Carnivale than with Haunt.

I think they see both of those as more “cross generational” money makers that don’t have some of the “operational issues” of haunt (you don’t see “no re entry” at winter fest to cut down on excessive “consumption” in the parking lot). 

• Haha 1

On 9/2/2019 at 11:46 AM, brent said:

I think they see both of those as more “cross generational” money makers that don’t have some of the “operational issues” of haunt (you don’t see “no re entry” at winter fest to cut down on excessive “consumption” in the parking lot). 

Yes. Plus they could have 2 haunted houses or 10. They could be Universal quality or church festival quality. They could have Grammy worthy shows or Haunted Homecoming.  People will still show up in droves.  Until people stop showing up “good enough” is going to be the quality standard that they are aiming for.  

• Like 4

Was at the park Monday, and riding the train, saw Halloween decor in front of the old buildings.   Could this mean the train is running this year? Or do they have something going on there this year?  I know the train hasnt been used for haunt the past couple of years, but did they run it in the daytime?

2 hours ago, BoddaH1994 said:

Yes. Plus they could have 2 haunted houses or 10. They could be Universal quality or church festival quality. They could have Grammy worthy shows or Haunted Homecoming.  People will still show up in droves.  Until people stop showing up “good enough” is going to be the quality standard that they are aiming for.  

Sadly i think you are right. I will always hold my season pass but this may be our last year for the haunt

I tend to agree people will still show up for Haunt for the same old stuff, nothing spectacular.  And some nights there are even fewer scareactors roaming the park.  Even though I have a season and meal pass, my five friends don’t.  Between admission, food, maze fast land, and souvenirs, all total for all five of them is around $600.  However, this year they voted to try something new and not do the same old boring mazes that have been the same for years and the lackluster entertainment.  Instead, they voted to head down to Kentucky Kingdom’s new  Hallowscream event this year. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ki95 said:

I must say, HalloTween sounds like a neat concept! I may just have to check it out! 

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/play/great-pumpkin-fest

They have this at Cedar Point and it is FANTASTIC!  Really neat to go into the haunts with the lights on and see all the details you miss when being chased.  

• Like 2

11 hours ago, robintodd said:

They have this at Cedar Point and it is FANTASTIC!  Really neat to go into the haunts with the lights on and see all the details you miss when being chased.  

Think it's a great idea but disappointed that the only new maze for the year seems to be exclusive to this as well. Though it is nice to see that they seem to be putting more into Scare Zones as that improves the overall atmosphere and experience.

My 10yo got her feet wet going to Haunt last year. Mainly hanging is scare zones, Madame Fatales, and Wolf Pack. Then of course rides at night. She didn't want to do KillMart or Slaughter House because she didn't want to see "gore". Blackout she just didn't want to lose me lol. We plan to go again this year for her birthday and she is asking if any of the houses have air bags. Soooo any chance? Yes it's a fascination of hers. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PatchesC said:

My 10yo got her feet wet going to Haunt last year. Mainly hanging is scare zones, Madame Fatales, and Wolf Pack. Then of course rides at night. She didn't want to do KillMart or Slaughter House because she didn't want to see "gore". Blackout she just didn't want to lose me lol. We plan to go again this year for her birthday and she is asking if any of the houses have air bags. Soooo any chance? Yes it's a fascination of hers. :rolleyes:

Sounds like you are making great memories with your daughter!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

Like this? Unfortunately park regulations require they be turned off for small children.  

E149AB4B-AE66-41DB-87E2-5325E217E2F7.jpeg

Technically I shouldn't ride in a passenger seat because airbags disable.:wacko:

The claustrophobia tunnels though are "fun" to her. I've always heard em called airbags lol

Img_0__51640.1431956204.jpg

• Like 3