Haunt 2019 Discussion

kingsislandfan1972

More details released about the 5 new attractions.  

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/blog/2019/september/5-new-attractions-added-to-kings-island’s-halloween-haunt

I'm guessing Drums of the Dead will take the cake as the best new attraction this year.  They've told people it'll be bigger and better than Blood Drums.  Blood Drums had an excellent year last year.  If they can top it this year then go for it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BoddaH1994 said:

More details released about the 5 new attractions.  

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/blog/2019/september/5-new-attractions-added-to-kings-island’s-halloween-haunt

I'm guessing Drums of the Dead will take the cake as the best new attraction this year.  They've told people it'll be bigger and better than Blood Drums.  Blood Drums had an excellent year last year.  If they can top it this year then go for it!

Drums of the dead = KI no longer wants tonpay SDC to use the Blood Drums brand

10 minutes ago, RivertownRaider said:

Drums of the dead = KI no longer wants tonpay SDC to use the Blood Drums brand

My understanding is that this was not the case, although that was my first thought.

Don't forget that the other parks are still using SDC so this situation is certainly unique.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, harmony29 said:

I'm excited to have a scare zone on international street! I must be the only person on the planet that dislikes slaughter house, we will be at CP next weekend and i already told my husband I do not want to go thru theirs.

Nom nom nom.  I luvs slaughterhaus!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, King Ding Dong said:

2.  Chad already has one.  Check out this tweet from last week for a link.

I love how that list includes "Feed My Frankenstein" by Alice Cooper, "The Addams Groove" by MC Hammer, and "Pet Sematary" by The Ramones, a bit of a throwback to the Paramount days. 

• Like 2

On 9/1/2019 at 2:07 PM, RivertownRaider said:

Does anyone here remember when they used the drained Congo falls for the scarecrow theamed haunted attraction Corn Stalkers? They only did it one year,  I thought it was a great use of space and it kept the fog centralized. 

CornStalkers never used the drained Congo Falls area.  The years it was in Action Zone it used the Timberwolf walkway next to Congo Falls.  It moved there in 2008 & was there for at least the 2009 season too according to this History of the Haunt post.  I've circled that area in red in the picture below.  I'm not sure exactly where the entrance and exit were as I was busy working Club Blood & Slaughterhouse's original location those years.  Cedar Point's CornStalkers uses their drained Thunder Canyon ride area.

CornStalkers.png

On 9/5/2019 at 11:50 AM, PatchesC said:

My 10yo got her feet wet going to Haunt last year. Mainly hanging is scare zones, Madame Fatales, and Wolf Pack. Then of course rides at night. She didn't want to do KillMart or Slaughter House because she didn't want to see "gore". Blackout she just didn't want to lose me lol. We plan to go again this year for her birthday and she is asking if any of the houses have air bags. Soooo any chance? Yes it's a fascination of hers. :rolleyes:

Slaughterhouse has had the compression tunnel (air bags) for the past 11 years.  

On 9/6/2019 at 8:37 PM, harmony29 said:

I'm excited to have a scare zone on international street! I must be the only person on the planet that dislikes slaughter house, we will be at CP next weekend and i already told my husband I do not want to go thru theirs.

CP's Slaughterhouse has nice scenery.  I especially like their freezer room. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, XGatorHead 8904 said:

CornStalkers never used the drained Congo Falls area.  The years it was in Action Zone it used the Timberwolf walkway next to Congo Falls.  It moved there in 2008 & was there for at least the 2009 season too according to this History of the Haunt post.  I've circled that area in red in the picture below.  I'm not sure exactly where the entrance and exit were as I was busy working Club Blood & Slaughterhouse's original location those years.  Cedar Point's CornStalkers uses their drained Thunder Canyon ride area.

CornStalkers.png

That area seems like good Haunt real estate. I wonder why it isn't used anymore.

• Like 1

Some things I think would be cool to add.

• Change in the projections in the shed
  • Bring back the train but this time have people ride the entire length of the ride and go past creepy scenes
    • I heard they stopped train operations for 2 reasons: 
      • 1 because the addition of MT shortened the length of the attraction to make it not worth it.
      • 2 because the trains have a certain amount of run-time on their boilers so the park opted Haunt in favor of Winterfest)
  • Change up Boo Blasters with extra props, and more creepy music
    • I heard scareactors are no longer allowed in the ride building for safety reasons. @XGatorHead 8904 would know
  • Add different audio in the Adventure Express tunnels
  • Like 2