Haunt 2019 Discussion

kingsislandfan1972

On 9/10/2019 at 4:39 PM, SonofBaconator said:

That area seems like good Haunt real estate. I wonder why it isn't used anymore.

Im old but not so old i forgot what Ive done. It wasnt the timberwolf walk way.. The raised concrete walls from the "canal" were incorporated into the deco. ... I read the definitive ki haunt post.. There were several errors and omissions not enough to engage in arguing over if i find photos ill post them

18 hours ago, RivertownRaider said:

Im old but not so old i forgot what Ive done. It wasnt the timberwolf walk way.. The raised concrete walls from the "canal" were incorporated into the deco. ... 

I am also old...and I am the first to admit my memory is not the greatest. I have been to every year of Fearfest & Halloween Haunt, I also can not remember walking in Congo Falls waterway...but I do seem to remember walking in White Water Canyon’s. It was on one of the variations of the train haunt. After the train “broke down” you walked to the second half of the haunt. Unless my memory is way off, I swear at one point we walked through part of the waterway. Anyone know if I am right or not?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, standbyme said:

I am also old...and I am the first to admit my memory is not the greatest. I have been to every year of Fearfest & Halloween Haunt, I also can not remember walking in Congo Falls waterway...but I do seem to remember walking in White Water Canyon’s. It was on one of the variations of the train haunt. After the train “broke down” you walked to the second half of the haunt. Unless my memory is way off, I swear at one point we walked through part of the waterway. Anyone know if I am right or not?

I believe there was an attraction for Haunt that involved the train "breaking down" at the platform on the way to the waterpark. From there, guests would walk back to the main path using a combination of Whitewater Canyon' s waterway and cue lines. I believe the name for that was something to do with Sleep Hollow; like the Sleepy Hollow Express or something like that.

• Like 2

I do know there was a version of the train Haunt called Tombstone Terror-Tory way back when (where you got off the train and went through a maze, which IIRC used at least part of WWC’s (former) queue line). That was my very first Haunt maze...

Also, it’s interesting that they’ve divided the indoor and outdoor mazes into separate sections on the map (or has this been done before?).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kingshaven said:

are the fright lane passes worth the money?

On the night I went last year a lot of the mazes had a 1-2 hour long wait so it definitely made me feel like the Fright lane was worth it. Usually the most you wait with Fright lane is 5 minutes. One important thing to keep in mind is that you can only use the Fright lane once for every maze, additionally you get one extra maze you can go to twice.

3 hours ago, Kingshaven said:

are the fright lane passes worth the money?

If you are planning on a Friday night early in the season, probably not.  If you are planning on a Saturday, especially in October, it is very possible.  Our plan of attack is to (on Friday nights) hit the indoor Haunts right at open, getting those done by about 7.  Grab some dinner, and get in line for Field of Screams about 7:30.  After that, we usually hit the Bayou later in the night due to its line typically not being bad.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/13/2019 at 6:34 AM, Joshua said:

I've always wondered why Great Pumpkin Fest wasn't in Planet Snoopy to begin with. It's even in the name. 

They used to have it in PS. Moved to the water park because of congestion.  It was wildly successful there for nearly a decade. 

The real question is why did it move back to Planet Snoopy. Stay tuned. 

• Like 3

Last year I remember that, at least early on, they were not letting that main "crypt keeper MC" guy speak over the mic at the entrance as he had in years past. We even asked him about it one night and he said he had no idea why he wasnt allowed to do it but it wasn't up to him. Did he ever get the mic back later last year? We really missed his joker-like laugh echoing around the entrance and i hope he's given it back this year.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LongLiveTheSmurfRide said:

Last year I remember that, at least early on, they were not letting that main "crypt keeper MC" guy speak over the mic at the entrance...i hope he's given it back this year.

I have said it in the past, but I’ll say it again...I don’t understand how the park doesn’t realize what a goldmine they have in The Undertaker. Not only does he have a unique look, his “on air” personality is great. Why the park has not built their ad campaign for Halloween Haunt around him I can not understand. He should be the official host.

I would love it if they would create a statue of him like they did of this previous host.

5C26D97B-6D09-44B7-9190-C1F07F3608B0.jpeg

• Like 5

4 hours ago, LongLiveTheSmurfRide said:

Last year I remember that, at least early on, they were not letting that main "crypt keeper MC" guy speak over the mic at the entrance as he had in years past. We even asked him about it one night and he said he had no idea why he wasnt allowed to do it but it wasn't up to him. Did he ever get the mic back later last year? We really missed his joker-like laugh echoing around the entrance and i hope he's given it back this year.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

The man who plays The Undertaker is a friend of mine on Facebook. It seems like all good things come to an end.  He will to play a new character in Rivertown ! He is talented and has been in many events the park has hosted other then Haunt.  As for the mic it was a decision by upper management. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

14 hours ago, BoddaH1994 said:

They used to have it in PS. Moved to the water park because of congestion.  It was wildly successful there for nearly a decade. 

The real question is why did it move back to Planet Snoopy. Stay tuned. 

Maybe so they can have The Great Pumpkin Ale Fest at Soak City? :D 

9 hours ago, Stevens92 said:

The man who plays The Undertaker is a friend of mine on Facebook. It seems like all good things come to an end.  He will to play a new character in Rivertown ! He is talented and has been in many events the park has hosted other then Haunt.  As for the mic it was a decision by upper management. 

So The Undertaker is no more? That's a major bummer.  As far as I'm concerned his ghoulish personality is the face of Haunt. I'd hate to see the character retired. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Fye Coasters said:

Everyone excited about the new additions to this years Haunt? If so what do you think will be the best new addition? 

I'll say for our group the "tween" attractions will give us something other than rides to do during the day since kid is too old for the "baby stuff" at pumpkin fest. She's most excited to check out the Blackout before deciding if she wants the night version. I'll be interested to see the Rivertown Reaping scarezone and how well they are going to pull it off. Drums of the Dead I'm wondering if we still get fire dancing because that was relaxing to watch.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PatchesC said:

I'll say for our group the "tween" attractions will give us something other than rides to do during the day since kid is too old for the "baby stuff" at pumpkin fest. She's most excited to check out the Blackout before deciding if she wants the night version. I'll be interested to see the Rivertown Reaping scarezone and how well they are going to pull it off. Drums of the Dead I'm wondering if we still get fire dancing because that was relaxing to watch.

Awesome, heck yeah, im curious how the Tween thing will go too. My daughter is to young for that though. Even though i would want her to do them lol. Im excited and glad we get something new each year. 

From @chadshowalter :

7E675510-D1B4-4E34-A0AC-40C3A6CB0D20.png

I love the skeletons on the truss work. That’s creative!

Also, notice on the same truss work that the lights that faced the fountain before the upgrade was completed has returned and the intelligent lighting was removed, at least for now. I’m very curious as to what the “new” I-Street will look like for Haunt.

• Like 6

14 hours ago, Fye Coasters said:

Everyone excited about the new additions to this years Haunt? If so what do you think will be the best new addition? 

Just got home from Zombie Mall rehearsal/dry run. I’m super excited for Friday and can’t wait to see what everyone thinks of it!

• Like 7

Just saw the haunt dry run and it is a lot more scary than last year. Shipwrecked is cool. I love zombie mall. I work as a ride operator in zombie mall so I'm happy that I get to see it a lot. I love haunt and I got really scared last night. Happy that zombies are not fast. Lol. Hope everyone can come out this weekend. Happy Halloween. 

• Like 3