Haunt 2019 Discussion

kingsislandfan1972

2 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I don't believe a coaster is getting removed now. We are adding one next year and I doubt they would remove one when building a new coaster. I think the earliest we'll see another coaster leave is the end of next season and that's unlikely imo. 

Firehawk: "That coffin belong's to me!"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SonofBaconator said:

The colors on that wreath didn't stand out as much as they did when they were teasing Firehawks removal. With that being said there still are red, yellow and white flowers on the wreath-from what I saw.

I think it's trolling at this point because they wouldn't remove something the same time they're getting a big coaster; however I've been wrong before. I can't think of anything that is due for immediate removal. I can almost guarantee it's not a coaster because it would be kind of foolish to remove to coasters back to back. Like I said I think the park is just trolling. Also unlike Firehawk, there's no sign saying that anything is leaving.

...yet... ;-)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Kings Island doesn't do the gold/platinum early entry on Fridays during Haunt like Cedar Point does.
No, I am not talking early entry/rides times. The past two years they have opened the entry gates at 530. Last year there was an opening ceremony at 6:00 at the bandstand, so you could walk i-street and be ready for rope drop.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk

Yeah I think it worked a lot better opening the gates to the front of International Street at 5:30 last year, because they could get a lot more people through security before the park actually opened. Last night I could see there were long non-moving lines outside of the metal detectors already by 5:30, because the area between that and the gates was pretty filled.

I don’t know if it will continue to be at the same time, but the opening ceremonies at the bandstand didn’t happen until 7:30 last night. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Magenta Lizard said:

Yeah I think it worked a lot better opening the gates to the front of International Street at 5:30 last year, because they could get a lot more people through security before the park actually opened. Last night I could see there were long non-moving lines outside of the metal detectors already by 5:30, because the area between that and the gates was pretty filled.

I don’t know if it will continue to be at the same time, but the opening ceremonies at the bandstand didn’t happen until 7:30 last night. 

I had heard 7:00 but when I got to the park the signage said 7:30. Does anyone know if it is going to go to 7:00 in the future?

I think the scare zones all opened at 6pm last year and this year the website has them listed as opening at 8pm. Maybe I'm wrong. I know the opening ceremony was 6pm. None of the Maze times have been changed except maybe Wolfpack. It has no time listed and while it opened at 6 last year, it really should be 8pm due to the tarp letting all the light in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SnakePlissken said:

I think the scare zones all opened at 6pm last year and this year the website has them listed as opening at 8pm. Maybe I'm wrong. I know the opening ceremony was 6pm. None of the Maze times have been changed except maybe Wolfpack. It has no time listed and while it opened at 6 last year, it really should be 8pm due to the tarp letting all the light in.

App shows quite a few mazes opening at 6pm tonight except the outdoors. So private event guests going to get a head start?

2 hours ago, Oldschool75 said:

e12bb65af4606eaa7318da5bb41bd49f.jpg
Two fresh unmarked graves.
I think something might FALL soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I could see one eventually being Firehawk, but the other, I don’t know. Maybe a subtle hint at something being killed off in the future, but since the grave has been covered with dirt, that would mean it has already closed. Correct me if I am wrong, but the water rides in the park are the only ones that are closed as of now and won’t reopen for the rest of the season. We all know how much Cedar Fair loves removing in-park water rides, so maybe Congo Falls or White Water Canyon. I don’t see White Water Canyon as that recently got a new entrance, but Congo Falls would make sense because it is at the front of the park in a potential new area for a new coaster in the coming years.

6 hours ago, Kara320 said:

Anyone have an idea as to what wait times were like on the mazes and scare zones?

Just looking for something general. Thanks!

The scare zones don't generally have a wait, they are just paths you walk through.  They may be more or less crowded based on how busy the park is.

Lines for the mazes depend on the day.  If you go on a Friday, they are generally much shorter.  The outdoor mazes have longer lines, almost always.  Depends on how busy the park is.

5 minutes ago, teenageninja said:

Lines for the mazes depend on the day.  If you go on a Friday, they are generally much shorter.  The outdoor mazes have longer lines, almost always.  Depends on how busy the park is.

Not only that but it depends on the person who sends people through. Urgent Scare had a shor line but it was longer because the person took a while moving groups through.

On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 11:54 PM, FUN&ONLY! said:

I could see one eventually being Firehawk, but the other, I don’t know. Maybe a subtle hint at something being killed off in the future, but since the grave has been covered with dirt, that would mean it has already closed. Correct me if I am wrong, but the water rides in the park are the only ones that are closed as of now and won’t reopen for the rest of the season. We all know how much Cedar Fair loves removing in-park water rides, so maybe Congo Falls or White Water Canyon. I don’t see White Water Canyon as that recently got a new entrance, but Congo Falls would make sense because it is at the front of the park in a potential new area for a new coaster in the coming years.

Was Viking Fury operating this weekend?

1 hour ago, JubJester said:

Not only that but it depends on the person who sends people through. Urgent Scare had a shor line but it was longer because the person took a while moving groups through.

Agree.  Urgent scare was crazy slow on Friday.  They took a group into the first room and talked to them for a minute or 2.  It was probably 3-4 minutes in between each group.

• Like 1

For those who have been to Haunt this year... Do they have the punk rock music set as atmospheric background, like they did last year? or do they have scary background music and noises like Friday the 13th and Nightmare on Elm Street, with random spooky noises coming over the speakers?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

33 minutes ago, BeeastFarmer said:

For those who have been to Haunt this year... Do they have the punk rock music set as atmospheric background, like they did last year? or do they have scary background music and noises like Friday the 13th and Nightmare on Elm Street, with random spooky noises coming over the speakers?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Chad posted a playlist on Twitter

https://mobile.twitter.com/chadshowalter/status/1176131533142450178

• Like 1