Haunt 2019 Discussion

kingsislandfan1972

Well, that's disappointing. I can see the theme, but the music does not set a mood in my opinion. After all the strides taken with music over the past couple of years, it kind of seems like a backwards step. I'll have to make my final opinion when I visit though. But last year, Haunt felt like a summer day in Action Zone with rock music playing.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I went Friday night and was very pleased overall.  I felt sorry for the "host" during the 7:30 release.  He obviously wasn't let in on what the soundtrack was saying.  He did his best.  My suggestion would be either don't move your mouth at all (make it seem telepathic) or pull your hood over your head more and face your head down so no one can see your lips moving (or not).

Either way I feel for him because it was obvious management didn't let him know the script for what is to be said.  Aside from that it was a great way to kick of a great night.

Also went Sunday with the grand kids and have some thoughts.

First, all the Tween stuff is great.  Orion could have used some more lights to see the 'clues'.  The Mystery Museum was my favorite.   Very will done with the story and the actors.  I felt sorry for them because the line was 45 minutes long and people were confused as to whether it was a haunt like at night or not (one person even thought it was the old Tomb Raider ride:)).  My suggestion would be that they could have the line for the tweens start at the fright pass entrance (since they don't offer fright passes for the tween stuff).  That way people would see how 'long' the line is and can make a better decision on whether or not to wait.  Several people were waiting in line from the cave entrance and giving up after it didn't move fast enough, or they saw that it just kept going.

Again it was my favorite part and definitely needs to stay (it was nice seeing the Tomb Raider Idol in all her glory with lights on).  Would also be good to get rid of the 'electricity' zapping noise during tween hours.  Made the kids uneasy.  

Finally having the great pumpkin fest in Planet Snoopy is CROWDED and confusing.  Sounds like a great idea on paper, but I can guarantee they ended up giving out way more candy than last year because of the proximity of the candy to rides, etc.  Last year when it was separated form Planet Snoopy people had to commit and would probably only go over to the water park once and then come back to the main park.  I would suggest looking at moving it to at least the picnic area so Planet Snoopy doesn't look so congested.

Overall nice start to the Pumpkin Fest / Haunt season.  Nicely done!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Adding to the Spotify playlist discussion, I do like that Skillet and Evanescence made the cut. Though “Monster” is a good fit for the playlist, I also feel like most of Skillet’s Alien Youth album would work well (especially in conjunction with CHAOS). Also, older songs like “Take”, “Locked in a Cage” or “Suspended in You” would (IMO) be great inclusions to a Haunt playlist as well.

EDIT: I heard Dragula on the radio a few days ago and it got me pumped for Haunt, so great choice there! B)

• Like 2

We went Sunday and took in some of the tween events (Madame Fatale's and C.H.A.O.S).  Madame Fatale's was great.  While the line was long, the actors seemed to be into it and it was great being able to see the old Tomb Raider building.  I really hope in the next few years they find a way to put a ride in there because that is a space that could be utilized all season long even during Winterfest.  

As far as C.H.A.O.S. it was hard to hear with the overhead music going.  My suggestion would be to turn off the overhead music during the day.  It was neat being able to walk thru the space and walking thru the tunnel.

I'm glad they are doing these events and I'll try to take in Shipwrecked and Blackout on future visits.

3 hours ago, Beast Night Rider said:

Does anyone know how long the wait times are for riding the coasters during haunt? I've never been but would love to go to get on some night rides but i'm worried the lines will be forever. Thanks in advance!

This seems to be a double post as the question was posted on another thread and answered by 2 people.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Beast Night Rider said:

Yea, I wasn’t sure where which one to post it to. Appreciate the feedback on the other post. Looking forward to going to my first Haunt this weekend!

To answer your question: often the wait times for the mazes and rides are very very long, especially on Saturday’s when there’s good weather. Fortunately if you spend the first few hours enjoying the scare zones and shows the park really begins to die down around 10:00, with most attractions having little to no wait for the last hour or two. 

Let us know what you think!!

• Thanks 1

Hey KI friends! 

Tonight (9/27) I am taking the kiddo I babysit to Haunt for her first time! She turned 12 last week and wanted me to take her for her birthday :’) any tips for first time kids?! She says she’s excited, but I’m afraid there’s a possibility she’ll get shocked immediately and wanna give up! We don’t wanna go on the no-boo necklace route (at least we don’t think so) so any advice is appreciated!

2 hours ago, Cmhornblessed said:

They did not last Friday evening. The gates did not open until 6.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk

They opened the gates early but they did not allow anyone pass the usual passholder check point for early riding. I thought I read they were allowing 30 mins early entry for Vortex tonight, guess not :(

1 hour ago, FredRed_CoasterHead said:

They opened the gates early but they did not allow anyone pass the usual passholder check point for early riding. I thought I read they were allowing 30 mins early entry for Vortex tonight, guess not :(

Early ride times will be Saturday and Sunday.

• Thanks 1

Quick question about the re-entry policy.

We're going next Saturday (2020 Platinum passes) and plan to arrive around 2-3pm. If we leave before Haunt starts at 6, would we be able to come back later in the evening? I assumed that the no re-entry was for people who arrived after 6, but now I'm second guessing myself.

14 minutes ago, chibul said:

Quick question about the re-entry policy.

We're going next Saturday (2020 Platinum passes) and plan to arrive around 2-3pm. If we leave before Haunt starts at 6, would we be able to come back later in the evening? I assumed that the no re-entry was for people who arrived after 6, but now I'm second guessing myself.

If you enter the park before 6pm and leave and try to return after 6pm you will be denied entrance...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, disco2000 said:

If you enter the park before 6pm and leave and try to return after 6pm you will be denied entrance...

Yep, no re-entry after 6 PM, period.

This was my and my wife’s first Haunt together tonight.  We decided to do Fright Lane Passes just to make sure we could do and see everything.  Mission accomplished!  We also made sure we got one final ride on Vortex after the news broke, and got to see this week’s progress on Orion (it’s spectacular)

1D1ECCFD-05AC-4B88-AC6F-676998EFE68A.jpeg

• Like 2