Haunt 2019 Discussion

kingsislandfan1972

4 hours ago, chibul said:

Quick question about the re-entry policy.

We're going next Saturday (2020 Platinum passes) and plan to arrive around 2-3pm. If we leave before Haunt starts at 6, would we be able to come back later in the evening? I assumed that the no re-entry was for people who arrived after 6, but now I'm second guessing myself.

If you leave during the day on Sat make sure you make it back through the turnstiles before 6pm. 

1 hour ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

The black shirt-looking product is actually a thin hoodie. It has kind of a Day of the Dead design to it. I’ll probably pick one up when the weather turns. I can’t remember the price, but I remember it being pretty reasonable.

On 9/29/2019 at 5:39 PM, Enchanted Voyage Lover said:

Are there any hotels that offer transportation to and from the park?  I have a room at Residence next weekend but would rather have a ride.

I believe Super 8 off of Kings Mills (behind Area 513) offers a shuttle.

Also, here is another Haunt blog: https://www.visitkingsisland.com/blog/2019/october/scare-up-some-fun-this-fall-at-kings-islands-halloween-haunt

• Thanks 1

It's been a very long time since I've been on. Life has been busy. I went on The 27th and had a great time! We went ahead and got Fright lane. It was well worth it as we got through every house in the park. 

IMG_2275.jpgI

lll keep it short. 

Favorite- Slaughterhouse 

least favorite- Backwoods Bayou 

Cornstalkers and Killmart tied for second favorite. 

I was able to ride DB, Racer and a Front Row night ride on Beast thanks to a front of the line pass perk!

I also took my last ride on Vortex, rest In peace old girl. You will be missed by many.

Thanks for reading!

• Like 6

12 hours ago, Imperial79 said:

I saw people talking on the Kings Island Seasonal Pass Holder Facebook page,  about how busy it was last night,  and someone said it was a record at 62,000!   Was anyone there last night?

We were there for a couple of hours yesterday and it was extremely crowded. We really just went to get one last Vortex ride.

Tried to purchase the last Vortex shirt at the shop by the blown glass shop (name escapes me) - the shirt was inside a frame and was basically just a piece of cloth with Vortex on it.  The worker was very kind and called (presumably) a supervisor who said they could not sell it. Not sure why, as it's not like they had any use for it going forward.

Also got our platinum passes for 2020. Looking forward to checking out some other CF parks!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, WhatTheBlazes said:

Does anyone know if any (or all) of the Haunt mazes are EVC accessible for guests with disabilities? 

I know the one inside the old crypt building is not it has stairs throughout.  Many might have tight turns that's would be difficult in an ecv but others might know which could and could not for sure. But the park itself has lots of scare zones and kinda a scare house in of itself and it's ecv accessible. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, LuckyluvsKI said:

I know the one inside the old crypt building is not it has stairs throughout.  Many might have tight turns that's would be difficult in an ecv but others might know which could and could not for sure. But the park itself has lots of scare zones and kinda a scare house in of itself and it's ecv accessible. 

Madam Fatale’s (The Crypt) has an elevator. It is wheelchair accessible and ADA compliant. Might want to call the park at 513-754-5700 to get the official list of what is recommended and what may not be.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BoddaH1994 said:

Madam Fatale’s (The Crypt) has an elevator. It is wheelchair accessible and ADA compliant. Might want to call the park at 513-754-5700 to get the official list of what is recommended and what may not be.

Cool I only knew of the stairs my friend had trouble last year on didn't know about the elevator. And it must not have been offered to her as an alternative so I didn't know I wasn't inside with them. :)

This will be my first year at Haunt. I have purchased the Fright Lane passes. I was wondering, what would be the best time to arrive? I saw some of the mazes don't open until 8pm as well as the scare zones. I was thinking arriving at 9pm (I have preferred parking) but I saw the lines were almost an hour to get in then too. I want to make sure I get to do everything (I am not riding any rides). I know it will be crowded which is expected, but how long does it typically take a fast pass person to get through each maze? Basically, I don't want to arrive too early just to stand around, but I also don't want to arrive too late and not get in until 10:30 and not get to do everything.  

12 minutes ago, CMURRAY13 said:

This will be my first year at Haunt. I have purchased the Fright Lane passes. I was wondering, what would be the best time to arrive? I saw some of the mazes don't open until 8pm as well as the scare zones. I was thinking arriving at 9pm (I have preferred parking) but I saw the lines were almost an hour to get in then too. I want to make sure I get to do everything (I am not riding any rides). I know it will be crowded which is expected, but how long does it typically take a fast pass person to get through each maze? Basically, I don't want to arrive too early just to stand around, but I also don't want to arrive too late and not get in until 10:30 and not get to do everything.  

They seem to do well about getting the fright lane passes through relatively quickly. I'd say it's usually not more than 20 minutes, and a lot of the time there isn't a line for fright lane.

25 minutes ago, CMURRAY13 said:

The best time to arrive in my opinion is right at opening, but with fright lane it doesnt matter. They do have an opening ceremony (I've yet to see it), so if you want to see it make sure you go before it happens (7:30). 9 is a solid time especially with fright lane.

I usually go on Fridays and the longest lines to get into the park has been at the most 20 minutes.

The park usually dies down around 11, and usually the busiest around 830 and 9.

Also, welcome to KIC!

I'm thinking of going to the last operating day of Vortex.  I'm not really interested in the main haunt stuff, but I do enjoy the creepy atmosphere.  I've never been to haunt and I am concerned on how creepy the park is for smaller kids. I have a 7 and 8 year old and they did fine at Happy Halloween Weekends at Holiday World (I got 20 rides on Thunderbird with the 12 year old back to back in the rain!), but they won't like scare actors or the bloody/gory stuff. Is the park fine for little kids on Sundays or should I just take the oldest for the coasters?

2 minutes ago, darkmarkman said:

I'm thinking of going to the last operating day of Vortex.  I'm not really interested in the main haunt stuff, but I do enjoy the creepy atmosphere.  I've never been to haunt and I am concerned on how creepy the park is for smaller kids. I have a 7 and 8 year old and they did fine at Happy Halloween Weekends at Holiday World (I got 20 rides on Thunderbird with the 12 year old back to back in the rain!), but they won't like scare actors or the bloody/gory stuff. Is the park fine for little kids on Sundays or should I just take the oldest for the coasters?

Haunt isn't going on Sunday at KI. (except for the HallowTween part)...

I just enjoyed haunt this past weekend, two weeks ago I was at Horror Nights at Universal. As far as comparing the two KI is so much better. Don’t get me wrong, as far as props, design and costuming, Universal has that hands down. When it comes to what haunted attractions are supposed to do which is scare, KI takes that award. Universal has everyone go through in one solid line which is horrible. Save your money and stay with KI. Happy Halloween.

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 8:54 PM, Theoutdoorkid107 said:

It's been a very long time since I've been on. Life has been busy. I went on The 27th and had a great time! We went ahead and got Fright lane. It was well worth it as we got through every house in the park. 

IMG_2275.jpgI

lll keep it short. 

Favorite- Slaughterhouse 

least favorite- Backwoods Bayou 

Cornstalkers and Killmart tied for second favorite. 

I was able to ride DB, Racer and a Front Row night ride on Beast thanks to a front of the line pass perk!

I also took my last ride on Vortex, rest In peace old girl. You will be missed by many.

Thanks for reading!

I also have a fright lane for Saturday and this will be my first time. I have been hearing a lot of negative reviews I would like to hear from someone who actually went, not just people on Facebook being negative for fun...I'm not expecting it to be so terribly scary as maybe some of the more extreme haunted houses, but is this event mainly for teenagers or people around that age group? Like I said, not expecting anything really scary but I would like to get a few  jump scares. I will be driving quite a ways for this so I just want to know what to expect.

Thanks!

• Like 1

I also have a fright lane for Saturday and this will be my first time. I have been hearing a lot of negative reviews I would like to hear from someone who actually went, not just people on Facebook being negative for fun...I'm not expecting it to be so terribly scary as maybe some of the more extreme haunted houses, but is this event mainly for teenagers or people around that age group? Like I said, not expecting anything really scary but I would like to get a few  jump scares. I will be driving quite a ways for this so I just want to know what to expect.

Thanks!

Hi CMURRAY13, welcome to KIC Central! What your expecting (based on this post) is what your going to get. The haunted houses are pretty good when it comes to detail, but you will only get a couple of “pop” scares per house. This being said the houses them selves last about 5-10 minutes each depending on size and the flow through the house in that particular evening. You do have a Variety of houses that you will be able to through, 9 different houses to be exact, but I won’t spoil any of them for you. You also have scare zones, they are walkthrough areas scattered through the park with props and actors, these are fun as they can be interactive. Shipwrecked over by Banshee was my favorite this year. I wouldn’t say any of the houses are very intense, they give you quick scare. The park does have quite a bit of money invested in them, as a result their are some neat props and costumes. As for the dynamic of people, their are a indeed teenagers who attend in groups, me included. Everybody from young teens to elderly people attend, the attraction brings in people from all age ranges. Another thing that Kings Island does during haunt is create an atmosphere unlike any other. Fog literally everywhere, lots of the previously mentioned scare zones and creepy noises in place of music. It’s a great time, I would recommend bringing someone with you though. You made a great choice on the fright lane as Saturday nights can get very busy. So overall, you will have a great time. Feel free to ask more questions as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

On 10/11/2019 at 5:10 PM, BeeastFarmer said:

I haven't been to the park since August (I work weekends), and I haven't paid much attention to the D-Back webcam.  But it looks like there is a new building back by The Beast/Slaughterhouse.  It looks too small to be Slaughterhouse and is yellow/plywood color.  Am I crazy?

There has been no new construction in that area.

• Like 1