Haunt 2019 Discussion

kingsislandfan1972

I can finally talk about 2019! I’m a roamer in zombie mall! This will be my first year as a roamer and I’m really looking forward to it!

edit: looks like the topic was merged, I already posted this comment earlier in the thread and now there’s 2 of them

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SnakePlissken said:

I completely agree with this. I usually only check this section and had no idea a 2019 Haunt thread was made in Jan. Why was it made in Jan? That's so confusing. Is there a Winterfest 2019 thread somewhere else too?

I just think people were really excited about Haunt; I know I am! I'm looking forward to Slaughterhouse and Chaos again. I actually might break tradition this year and do CHAOS as the first maze of the season instead of Slaughter House (of course I'll visit the family plenty of times this season (I've been a regular patron since like 2013- whenever the last year they were in Action Zone was) , but I really like Chaos also!).

And yes, @IndyGuy4KI; if the two Haunt threads could be moved/merged, etc. that would be great ^_^

9 minutes ago, teenageninja said:

I'm really disappointed that they aren't doing Route 666 or something like it with the Antique Cars.

I feel like it may be a result of the new antiques layout being smaller making it more difficult to safely have actors around and about. I could see some decorations and pumpkins being added though 

On 8/2/2019 at 10:24 PM, decyferite said:

This will be our first year going to the Haunt.  Any tips or FYIs while we are going?

Dress warm, it gets really cold some nights, especially later in the season. Friday nights are the least packed. Sometimes Fright Lane is worth it, I’ve seen mazes with 4 hour lines before, usually the new ones.

12 hours ago, DubVLegend said:

I know it wouldn't happen but how amazing would a Halloween Cirque show be??!!

Well 7 Cedar Fair parks have had a Halloween Cirque show called Skeleton Crew that have had long successful runs at 6 of these parks except Kings Island...ours lasted one year before Hot Blooded returned...  Fun fact, a couple of the performers in our show where in our version of Cirque Imagine...  And because someone will ask, Skeleton Crew is put on by the same group that has done our Cirque shows...

5 hours ago, SnakePlissken said:

I completely agree with this. I usually only check this section and had no idea a 2019 Haunt thread was made in Jan. Why was it made in Jan? That's so confusing. Is there a Winterfest 2019 thread somewhere else too?

Because someone always races to be the first to create a thread about something, which is why we have Winterfest 2019 Thread somewhere and a 2020 ride prediction thread somewhere too LOL...  Surprised it took until January for the Haunt 2019 thread to start TBH:P

• Like 2

I'm also curious if anyone has photos of old fearfest events. Theres a great "History of the Haunt" thread on here, but a lot of picture links are broken, i cant find any pictures from 2003. I believe that was the first year i went to haunt as a kid and it would be cool to see some pictures from then! 

• Like 1

Im bak this yeer butt onlee on saturdaze n sum frydaze cuz gator haz 2 go 2 futbal gamz 2 c gatorgrl n tha marchin banned! -Sam

EDIT: What Sam is trying to say is that despite me saying last year that 2018 would be my last year working Haunt for a while, I will be back on Saturdays and some Fridays.  This will be GatorGirl's first year in marching band so I plan on going to most/all of the home games and maybe some away ones too.  They don't bring the full band to all of the away games, and I'm still waiting to see which weeks those are to determine what Fridays I can work.  But yes, Sam the Butcher is back in Slaughterhouse! :D

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/3/2019 at 10:04 AM, Magenta Lizard said:

One big difference between Haunt and any other part of the year is the no re-entry rule. You can’t come and go to your vehicle once you enter for Haunt, you will need to take in everything you think you will need for the night. I believe you may be allowed to leave and return in the first hour of Haunt festivities (so between 6 and 7).

Does that include passholders not being able to reenter? Last year was our first but park didn't open until 6pm. This year plan an 11am opening day.

2 hours ago, PatchesC said:

Does that include passholders not being able to reenter? Last year was our first but park didn't open until 6pm. This year plan an 11am opening day.

Yes, nobody gets to renter. (Without paying for an admission).

I believe the rational is alcohol consumption in the parking lot (and other vices).   I think most of us here begrudgingly accept that it is a necessary restriction.  If you have any medically necessary items they can always be checked in at First Aid.  

• Like 1

Unfortunately, as much as I enjoy KI in the fall, I can’t vote the park as best Halloween event, especially since when several of the other nominees have invested heavily in their Halloween events this season.  KI has lost three mazes over the years with no replacements (Holiday Horror where the animals are now, the Delta Delta where Coney BBQ is now, and Carnevil which left last year to become a theater).   Some of their older mazes like Urgent Scare are so dated, that it has actual real cobwebs that have formed  throughout the maze.  Some of the best KI fall entertainment along with the cool skeleton key rooms have all suffered budget cuts.  It’s nice to KI investing in a coaster for the summer, but it seems Haunt has gotten less and less in the budget over the last few years.  There are several other much better nominees this season.

https://www.10best.com/awards/travel/best-theme-park-halloween-event-2019/halloween-haunt-at-kings-island-mason-ohio/

40 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

It has been a couple of seasons since I went to Haunt and it was only once.  What exactly is a scare zone?  If it doesn’t require waiting in a 2 hour line that sounds like a winner to me.

It’s just a themed pathway really with a bunch of scare actors, it’s not better then a maze of course but it’s definitely nice to have as you’re walking between rides/mazes.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Enchanted Voyage Lover said:

I'm really excited about haunt, I haven't been in 4 years. I've been working our haunted attraction at home with the rescue squad for a couple of decades. This year I'm going to Universal's in September, and then KI in October. Going to get my frights in this year.

Let us know how univeral is this year.  Is this ur 1st time?

• Like 1

On 8/23/2019 at 2:11 PM, Enchanted Voyage Lover said:

I'm really excited about haunt, I haven't been in 4 years. I've been working our haunted attraction at home with the rescue squad for a couple of decades. This year I'm going to Universal's in September, and then KI in October. Going to get my frights in this year.

HHN looks to have an awesome line up this year! I wish I was able to go this year, the Ghostbusters house sounds awesome!

• Like 1

I'm really looking forward to the Halloween stuff.  I've never done one of these events.  Until earlier this year, I hadn't been in an amusement park in 20+ years.  I'm addicted again. 

Looks like we'll end up doing SFOG, Holiday World, Kings Island, Knotts Scary Farm, and Magic Mountain.  Might go to Universal but it's crazy expensive and we don't have a ton of time.  Small chance I work in Carowinds end of Sept.  Going to be a great couple months.

I've been told KI is pretty good.  How would you guys say it ranks with others?

• Like 1