Platinum Benefits

FireHawk44

Right now, as far as I know, the only benefit of a Platinum pass at KI over Gold is the ability to go to other parks and use meal/drink plans at other parks.

I would like to see the Platinum be treated as a higher tier at the park.  I think such benefits as special hours or even a day for just Platinum pass holders.  Maybe a yearly picnic or event just for Platinum holders.  Dicounts on Fast Lane passes.

It doesn't have to be any thing over the top, but something that says Buy a Platinum and thanks for buying a Platinum.

What would you like to see?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, flightoffear1996 said:

I really think the park should discontinue the gold pass perks.  I mean pretty much everyone who has a season pass get a free upgrade to gold.  If it was a paid tiered program I would be all for it.

Make no mistake about it - Gold Pass perks are tantamount to season pass perks.  Only a small percentage have a season pass, as you said, but there's a reason why people buy early... and the Gold benefits are why.  The Gold Pass program is very advantageous for them. 

• Like 1

At least KI offers gold.
At CP the only options are season pass (without free parking) or platinum pass.

That said, I do think it would be nice if all the parks had a perk for platinum passes.... But honestly getting entry and "gold perks" at every park seems good enough for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Honestly, getting entry into every Cedar Fair park is a massive perk. The Platinum level is targeted to a specific kind of guest, one who travels a lot and visits multiple parks yearly. There's no reason to add any more perks to it. 

Also, here's a big "nay" to getting rid of the Gold Pass. People love it. It's very popular. It's profitable for the park. Also, if there's one thing that angers consumers, it's making them pay more for less. 

• Like 2

Luckily, KI has not yet not separated out SC into a separate admission and has kept SC as part of their Gold season pass program (although I image the concept of separating the two continues to be studied by CF).  CP Cedar Shores water park requires a separate admission and is not included with their CP season pass.  At least with Platinum you can also get into CP Cedar Shores water park which I consider a perk while also visiting CP, especially on extremely hot days.

6 hours ago, Winterfestguy said:

Luckily, KI has not yet not separated out SC into a separate admission and has kept SC as part of their Gold season pass program (although I image the concept of separating the two continues to be studied by CF).  CP Cedar Shores water park requires a separate admission and is not included with their CP season pass.  At least with Platinum you can also get into CP Cedar Shores water park which I consider a perk while also visiting CP, especially on extremely hot days.

They’ll likely never separate them. It’s easy to give benefits, it’s very hard to take them away. 

• Like 2

I agree with the above sentiments.  When the Water Works was first built it was meant to be an additional experience for park guests and was always meant to be one ticket one price for everything.

Having said that, I find that the crowds, even on Weekdays that I have been, are too prohibitive to have an enjoyable time.  The worth of the current slide lineup to the amount of wait time for me does not balance and actually tips the wrong way on my fun scale.  So if I want to splash around, I go to The Beach. 

5 hours ago, chad_1138 said:

Honestly, I would just love to see preview night be for renewing passholders only.

IIRC the first ever preview night was for those who purchased/renewed their Gold Pass by a certain date. Now it is essentially Opening Night, but I believe its busyness comes from its popularity and the stronger public awareness it might not have had during its initial debut.