Cedar Point 2020 Discussion

• 3 weeks later...

I heard they are bringing Paddlewheel back; I actually discussed that with someone while in line for Backlot yesterday. As far as what I think CP needs, I think they are missing a B&M Flyer (and maybe a GCI, but KI does have Mystic Timbers). I really like how they’ve concentrated on non-coaster additions this year to make CP a more well-rounded Park.

@MDMC01 Not exactly PaddleWheel but a “riverboat excursion”.  Whatever they do it is no longer possible to do a complete circuit with all the STR/FF stuff and bridge.  

Have you done the quests with the actors in Forbidden Frontier?  I think you would really like it.  My boys spent a couple of hours with it and want to go back for some more.  

I don’t think CP is going to get any new coasters awhile, though I wouldn’t mind if they did. 

8 hours ago, King Ding Dong said:

@MDMC01 Not exactly PaddleWheel but a “riverboat excursion”.  Whatever they do it is no longer possible to do a complete circuit with all the STR/FF stuff and bridge.  

Have you done the quests with the actors in Forbidden Frontier?  I think you would really like it.  My boys spent a couple of hours with it and want to go back for some more. 

I’m going up Labor Day weekend and this is one of the things I’m most excited about! Also Rougarou; I miss it so much!

• Like 1

When I saw the "I've been in line for 4 hours" post on the side of the main forums page, I assumed the OP was talking about Steel Vengeance; then I would have said ride it out. How far are you in line though and is this your first ride on it? Those factors should determine whether 4 hours of waiting is justified. Also, how many people are getting out of line? If it's a significant amount, your wait when it comes back up may be shorter than you thought!

Just my $.02 on the subject. ^_^

Update since he posted he got out of line: This post is mostly irrelevant now, but these are good probing questions for any enthusiast to ask in the future when waiting in line for a ride that is 2-9 (also, how bad do you want to ride?)

• Like 1

I expect the next coaster will probably be a GCI out towards the beach over by Wicked Twister. 

I could also see them adding a Mack spinner like Time Traveler, but I think that all depends on how popular Copperhead Strike is at Carowinds.  Obviously Copperhead Strike is a different model than Time Traveler but they are probably a similar cost.  Plus do they really need another launch coaster when they have TTD and Maverick in the same park.

On 8/15/2019 at 12:17 PM, King Ding Dong said:

CP is also adding a Gold Pass with waterpark and parking for $99.  But only 30 minutes of early entry instead 1 hour and no FL+ for FL price upgrade.  

They had a sign up Sun/Mon stating that at the checkpoint, but there was no one policing it.  More of a free for all.  Grown adults sprinting full speed at 9am to ride a ride should be summarily tasered, and then thrown out of the park.  The rest of us made it to Steel Vengeance without running just fine.  

On my annual trip to CP, this is a regular occurrence (been this way for years). Platinum pass holders and resort guests always had this ewrly entry benefit. I just watch everyone run by, only to be one switchback ahead. Though the better option is just to park in back so you don't have to traverse the full park for early Steel Vengeance rides.

• Like 1

It's just funny to watch guys with no business running unless something scary is chasing them, knowing exactly as you said, they will be one car ahead.  I always go in the Breakers gate.  I wonder, though, how they plan to police the half hour difference with gold pass vs platinum and resort guests.

Although it wasn’t consistently enforced the CPS lot did not open until 9:30 so it wouldn’t get full with early entry guests and have room for waterpark parking.  One could still park on the front lot and take the boardwalk to the resort entrance but many didn't realize that.  Frequently one of the webcams pointed to the main midway and it was alway entertaining to watch the rope drop and half the crowd take off sprinting knowing they collapse by the time they hit the far Skyride station.   I doubt even an Olympic medalist could sprint that far, but I bet @malemwould know how to pace himself correctly.  

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Is anybody able to comment with advice for a Cedar Point visit with this year’s processes? We are going on Friday for our only visit this season, and we are bringing a first-timer, so we want to be able to do everything. We will be there open to close.

Any recommendations as it relates to crowd size, boarding passes, etc... is appreciated. 

• Like 1