Cedar Point 2020 Discussion

I think they're gonna add a new section. Its been rumored for a while that they're going to add a boardwalk area reminiscent of Coney Island and other old school coasters. With the park removing their onsite dorms all attention is gonna be on that area during the 2019 season.

I don't think they'll necessarily need a new coaster for their anniversary. If it were me I would focus more on appearance and drawing more families to the park- I think they have plenty of coasters to keep the enthusiasts happy for a while.

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

** Triple post** Sorry no on is commenting lol

Another cool blog for 2019/2020

They are taking Corkscrew's paint job back a few years!

Also in the blog look how he italicized "Interesting". Thoughts?

I'm honestly really happy about this. (Probably a bit too happy about it)

Bringing back the old retro train design was something I was really wanting for the longest time. And now they actually went and did it, but also made it better. Now I'm actually really looking forward to riding it again.

And to me, the "Interesting" is just Tony wanting to spark up discussion/rumors like he does all the time when talking about the future.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, SonofBaconator said:

This would never happen but I would love a bus that shuttles you from CP to KI; mainly because I'm too lazy to drive four hours.

How much would such a service cost? Maybe discounted for platinum pass members?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Logan said:

How much would such a service cost? 

$50/75+ a ticket? I might be too generous. The distance between CP and KI is 200 miles in 3.5 hours (assuming there's no traffic). 

Screenshot_2019-06-15-10-56-37.png

Would be an interesting service to say the least, but I'm sure that would hurt CP's resorts which is why I wouldn't ever see this happening.

• 1 month later...
18 hours ago, Maverick44 said:

So I know this is a KI page. Has anyone see anything in regards to land clearing or anything at CP for 2020?

Aside from the temporary Monster Jam track, not that I've heard of. I wonder if they plan on making Forbidden Frontier a permanent attraction for years to come. 

I said it on another thread that they need an observation tower to overlook the lake and the rest of the park.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SonofBaconator said:

Aside from the temporary Monster Jam track, not that I've heard of. I wonder if they plan on making Forbidden Frontier a permanent attraction for years to come. 

I said it on another thread that they need an observation tower to overlook the lake and the rest of the park.

Polar Coaster where the top is an observation deck? haha j/k.

There is a guy on a facebook CP regulars page who keeps saying he sat with Tony C and the VP of CF and they told him the 10 year plan. I called him out and said kep on lying there buddy. He says  Wicked Twister will be gone after this year and WindSeeker as well. He told people who started to believe this guy. I had to calm peoples nerves. I let them know this is all BS and unless the park releases a statement do not believe anything you hear and half of what you see. I am pretty sure we will know very soon if CP plans to remove a coaster or ride. Or we will find out soon so people have time to ride like MS. I was like no to be rude but stop lying to these people.

36 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

There is a guy on a facebook CP regulars page who keeps saying he sat with Tony C and the VP of CF and they told him the 10 year plan. I called him out and said kep on lying there buddy. He says  Wicked Twister will be gone after this year and WindSeeker as well. He told people who started to believe this guy. I had to calm peoples nerves. I let them know this is all BS and unless the park releases a statement do not believe anything you hear and half of what you see. I am pretty sure we will know very soon if CP plans to remove a coaster or ride. Or we will find out soon so people have time to ride like MS. I was like no to be rude but stop lying to these people.

My first question to the regular would be: "So the 10 year plan included WS not lasting 10 years?"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2