Expanding Action Zone

SonofBaconator

A KIC member once had the idea of merging Oktoberfest and Action Zone into one area called the Black Forest. I wouldn't mind this as long as its done right. Action Zone already has a creepy vibe going for it so it could adopt the Black Forest theme, but the German and European theming would have be consistent throughout both areas. 

• Like 8

A KIC member once had the idea of merging Oktoberfest and Action Zone into one area called the Black Forest. I wouldn't mind this as long as its done right. Action Zone already has a creepy vibe going for it so it could adopt the Black Forest theme, but the German and European theming would have be consistent throughout both areas. 
A forest requires trees, which Action Zone doesn't have. #planttrees #futureforest #growtreesgrow

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 4

8 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

Great idea! AZ needs an infusion of trees anyway and this would be a great re-theme

1 hour ago, SonofBaconator said:

Correction- it was called the woods by user @bkroz but its the same general idea as the Black Forest. This is his work below.

the woods.jpg

I would follow this concept and expand upon it so both sections flow evenly.

I think this would be great.  Could do a lot with that idea!  His outline is definitely a good start, especially with the Dark Ride.  Would be interested to hear what your ideas would be that go with this.

• Like 1

The current rides definitely help it out. When AZ became a thing was under Paramount, when they added TG and DZ and renamed the coaster everyone loves and hates to Face/Off. I remember the water tower. When it was AZ in the late 90s and early 2000s it worked.

It just doesn’t anymore. A forest theming would be good. There are some trees. More could be added. They could also add in fake trees to help fill in the gaps until real trees can grow in. Banshee and Bat fit fine. Not sure how Delirium fits that. Congo falls is a stretch, Invertigo is completely wrong in color and name. That would have to change. DZ could easily become some kind of large tree themed ride. I think I would name it something like The Forest. It doesn’t have to be only one type of forest, it could be several different ones and it would still fit the Oktoberfest theme just fine.

19 hours ago, Rivertown Rider said:

Hopefully like others have said they add more landscaping and trees.  A nice Transylvania/Eastern European theme would be great.

Could even have it vaguely geographically accurate: Paris/Western Europe (I street)->Octoberfest (Germany), then head farther 'east' into the deep dark Romanian/Transylvanian forrest 

• Like 3

On January 22, 2019 at 3:05 PM, fyrfyter said:

The current rides definitely help it out. When AZ became a thing was under Paramount, when they added TG and DZ and renamed the coaster everyone loves and hates to Face/Off. 

They re-named Amazon Falls to Congo Falls, but Invertigo debuted as Face/Off. 

It opened in the late 90s during Parmount's tenure at the park. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Just came up with an Action Zone expansion concept. This is if KI/CF just wants to keep it "Action Zone" and make it just a standard area of the park with no "theme" other than it just being an area with lots of Action. What I did here is removed Congo and Timberwolf along with the buildings behind it and made a new midway with a few new attractions. Congo Falls is replaced by a giant wheel and a Mondial top scan. The timberwolf plot is used for a new food stand and tables, a nice fountain with LED lighting, a ropes course (upcharge), a zamperla discovery, and a skyscraper ride (upcharge). As you can probably tell, this was inspired a lot by The Island in Pigeon Forge. Even if unlikely and not what a lot of us see or want to see in Action Zone, I think an expansion like this would be pretty cool. Just a concept like always.

Kings island action zone expansion.png

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Just came up with an Action Zone expansion concept. This is if KI/CF just wants to keep it "Action Zone" and make it just a standard area of the park with no "theme" other than it just being an area with lots of Action. What I did here is removed Congo and Timberwolf along with the buildings behind it and made a new midway with a few new attractions. Congo Falls is replaced by a giant wheel and a Mondial top scan. The timberwolf plot is used for a new food stand and tables, a nice fountain with LED lighting, a ropes course (upcharge), a zamperla discovery, and a skyscraper ride (upcharge). As you can probably tell, this was inspired a lot by The Island in Pigeon Forge. Even if unlikely and not what a lot of us see or want to see in Action Zone, I think an expansion like this would be pretty cool. Just a concept like always.

Kings island action zone expansion.png

Swap out the ropes course with a wild mouse and fit a screaming swing in there somewhere and I'm in

2 hours ago, HandsUp said:

Swap out the ropes course with a wild mouse and fit a screaming swing in there somewhere and I'm in

Scream n Swing would honestly be a better fit in Rivertown where the old Crypt building is. Like what other people have mentioned before, removed the giant part of the building and keep the queue part as the queue for the new ride and give it a mining theme. 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Scream n Swing would honestly be a better fit in Rivertown where the old Crypt building is. Like what other people have mentioned before, removed the giant part of the building and keep the queue part as the queue for the new ride and give it a mining theme. 

Or keep the building and have it indoors with (easier to maintain) theming. 

On 10/28/2021 at 8:26 PM, brenthodge said:

Or keep the building and have it indoors with (easier to maintain) theming. 

Would be sweet! Could have all sorts of cool indoor theming but I wonder if the building is big enough. The radius of those swinging arms is huge.

• 1 month later...