Kings Island 2019 Discussion

BeeastFarmer

On 5/31/2019 at 12:15 AM, VortexBFForever said:

KMAA is paired with Shake Rattle & Roll for its crew (just like how WindSeeker and Vortex are paired for my crew). Prior to this year, Shake Rattle & Roll was paired with Backlot. Backlot is now its own crew.

Are the other ride groups Monster/Dodgem/Scrambler and Racer/Zephyr?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ben43065 said:

Today on Banshee toward the pretzel & 2nd loop I noticed there was a thin line of trees that clearly were young, is this new or were they planted last year?

Those have been there since it opened. They certainly aren't growing quickly lol.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, befat said:

Are the other ride groups Monster/Dodgem/Scrambler and Racer/Zephyr?

Back in the day, FOF and Zephyr were paired together. Not sure if that’s the case again now that Firehawk is gone (I believe FOF and Firehawk were paired together?)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pagoda Gift Shop said:

...and they want you to buy something not on the dining plan.  Time to get a funnel cake?  :)

But how do they define “food”? Is it limited to items that are on the meal plans? Are funnel cakes? What about bulk candy?

Ask any 4 year old and they’ll try to make a case that gummy worms are a meal. :D

• Like 1

16 hours ago, BoddaH1994 said:

But how do they define “food”? Is it limited to items that are on the meal plans? Are funnel cakes? What about bulk candy?

These are good questions. What are the limitations? Does the e-mail include any fine print with specifics? 

(I'm curious because I am more likely to use a food coupon than a Cabana discount.) 

On 6/5/2019 at 3:08 PM, BoddaH1994 said:

Ask any 4 year old and they’ll try to make a case that gummy worms are a meal. :D

And I can try to convince someone that eating a sleeve of Ritz Crackers with Peanut Butter and a glass of milk totally counts as a meal! :lol:

Also, I second the whole directional sign thing. Yes, some of us probably know the park like the back of our hand, but it would be nice to add some themed signs that compliment the areas. For example, rustic signs in Rivertown, Classic Americana-esque signs in Coney, Safari-themed signage in... oh wait...

You get the point, though. Themed signage would be great!

• Like 1

The people who do it don’t care that it’s against the rules any more than they care about anyone in line... it’s just like the phones on rides, without enforcement the rules won’t prevent self-absorbed people doing whatever suits them. 

I mostly agree with this... Although with the number of these signs here at CW, there certainly is no excuse that anyone who "saves a spot for someone" is actually participating in line jumping. I do think that some people legitimately think that is ok.

Also, with the number of signs up I've seen it empower people here to confront those who are trying to get by to get up to their group... By telling them that they are line jumping and pointing to the sign.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At Canada wonderland today.
These signs are everywhere!!
We still see people pushing through to join their group... But it seems like these help.
Wish KI would put these up to educate folks that saving spots in line is cutting in line.ea6ba9a4671f699b31647c8d1eb8810e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Too bad they don't enforce the policy though, Line jumping was horrible at Wonderland today.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk