Kings Island 2019 Discussion

BeeastFarmer

Couple of thoughts on last night:

First time I've had the chicken at the Coney BBQ.  It was around 8:00 at night, so the chicken was slightly dry (not terrible mind you, but it was likely nearing the end of when it could be/should be served, like I said, it was near 8 pm so I don't expect things to be as fresh then as they would have been even an hour earlier) but oh lordy was it huge.  It will be my go to next time,  My 11 year old who will eat me out of house and home before he's done got about half of mine plus his pulled pork and we were both stuffed.

Have they added some Disney Theming?  Saw at least 1, possible 2 different small skunks (I think they had different marking, but can't say 100% sure) back by Woodstock express and the little car ride.  This is in addition to the larger skunk I saw a few weeks ago by Viking Fury.  Seems like a potential nuisance issue, though the workers were largely unfazed seems like they see them regularly so they must not be spraying anything.  (side note, if you haven't see Toy Story 4, then you won't get the joke)

I hope repaving the parking lot is added to the project 2020 budget.  Its been bad for awhile now, but this season it feels like its 10x worse than last season, good sized pot holes all over the place.

Speaking of parking lots, why are people so rude as to leave their trash just sitting on the parking lot?  We've all seen it, and its not just onsies twosies here and there, but all over the parking lot there is trash, mostly drink containers just strewn about.  KI provides a bunch trash cans at the end of the isles, the pot holes are bad enough, but these people leave the place looking like a dumpster.  Have they no decency?

My 7 year old, can't even get her to ride Woodstock express with us (she's ridden it in the past, but not this year); my 3 year old is ****ed he can't ride Banshee....how are these 2 related?

Was it just my gun, or did I finally figure out a good method for Boo Blasters?  I started pulling the trigger less often and found I could hit nearly everything (was in the same car as my 3 year old who just holds the gun and says "boom" so all the targets were left to me, scored like 1800 points, my best on a ride where the cars didn't stop on the course at some point to assist someone getting on/off the ride vehicles.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, medford said:

Couple of thoughts on last night:

First time I've had the chicken at the Coney BBQ.  It was around 8:00 at night, so the chicken was slightly dry (not terrible mind you, but it was likely nearing the end of when it could be/should be served, like I said, it was near 8 pm so I don't expect things to be as fresh then as they would have been even an hour earlier) but oh lordy was it huge.  It will be my go to next time,  My 11 year old who will eat me out of house and home before he's done got about half of mine plus his pulled pork and we were both stuffed.

Have they added some Disney Theming?  Saw at least 1, possible 2 different small skunks (I think they had different marking, but can't say 100% sure) back by Woodstock express and the little car ride.  This is in addition to the larger skunk I saw a few weeks ago by Viking Fury.  Seems like a potential nuisance issue, though the workers were largely unfazed seems like they see them regularly so they must not be spraying anything.  (side note, if you haven't see Toy Story 4, then you won't get the joke)

I hope repaving the parking lot is added to the project 2020 budget.  Its been bad for awhile now, but this season it feels like its 10x worse than last season, good sized pot holes all over the place.

Speaking of parking lots, why are people so rude as to leave their trash just sitting on the parking lot?  We've all seen it, and its not just onsies twosies here and there, but all over the parking lot there is trash, mostly drink containers just strewn about.  KI provides a bunch trash cans at the end of the isles, the pot holes are bad enough, but these people leave the place looking like a dumpster.  Have they no decency?

My 7 year old, can't even get her to ride Woodstock express with us (she's ridden it in the past, but not this year); my 3 year old is ****ed he can't ride Banshee....how are these 2 related?

Was it just my gun, or did I finally figure out a good method for Boo Blasters?  I started pulling the trigger less often and found I could hit nearly everything (was in the same car as my 3 year old who just holds the gun and says "boom" so all the targets were left to me, scored like 1800 points, my best on a ride where the cars didn't stop on the course at some point to assist someone getting on/off the ride vehicles.

Skunks, snakes, raccoons, etc are all pretty common in the park.  The landscaping department is responsible for trapping them, but they aren't around later in the evening as they start pretty early.  There's a big dumpster back in that area behind woodstock and the car ride, which attracts some critters.

In terms of the parking lot trash, people in the park are very much the same way, tossing trash in the flower beds, leaving garbage on tables, etc.  People treat the park like their own personal garbage can.  The park does have a street sweeper run through the parking lot which gets up most of the loose trash.  The Park Services crew pull the garbage cans throughout the day.

3 hours ago, 139Signal27 said:

Has the park announced a new maze for this year, or did you just share information you shouldn't have?

They’re announcing it to Haunt returners at the returner party tonight. I don’t think I can say what it is until it’s officially announced, though.

3 hours ago, Snowball said:

They’re announcing it to Haunt returners at the returner party tonight. I don’t think I can say what it is until it’s officially announced, though.

My point exactly -- the park hasn't  announced that there will be a new maze. Yet, you're saying that there will be.

33 minutes ago, 139Signal27 said:

My point exactly -- the park hasn't  announced that there will be a new maze. Yet, you're saying that there will be.

Pretty sure "theres going to be a new maze" is neither a TOS nor non-disclosure violation. If he'd have revealed what the new maze was going to be, sure, roast him. Otherwise,  chill out. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 139Signal27 said:

They get something new every year. It’s not always a maze, please don’t take that as me confirming anything.

3 hours ago, MaxxForce said:

Ohhh,that's exciting! Please let us know the name of the new maze as soon as possible!

I can’t say anything until they release the full lineup of Haunt attractions for this season. After that, I can talk about what’s new for 2019.

1 hour ago, fryoj said:

Pretty sure "theres going to be a new maze" is neither a TOS nor non-disclosure violation. If he'd have revealed what the new maze was going to be, sure, roast him. Otherwise,  chill out. 

This site is so inconsistent. If someone had said last year, "Going to a meeting to learn about the new coaster. Can't tell you what it is yet, though." People would have lost their minds lol 

32 minutes ago, 139Signal27 said:

This site is so inconsistent. If someone had said last year, "Going to a meeting to learn about the new coaster. Can't tell you what it is yet, though." People would have lost their minds lol 

It wasn’t a meeting, it was a party for returning scare actors. It’s definitely not as secretive as something like, say, a new rollercoaster would be. I was even able to bring a guest that’s “Interested in working at Haunt” and they would know any additions for this year without even being an employee. As long as I don’t say what’s in store for 2019 without the park doing so first, it’s not an NDA violation and I don’t believe it’s a TOS violation. If it is somehow a TOS violation, I’ll obviously be removing/editing these posts.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 139Signal27 said:

Personally I feel the whole "must give a source" thing is stupid. I get why they have it in place, but that doesn't change my opinion. 

That being said, he pretty much gave his source. He's a past haunt actor and they were being told what the new maze was. 

Woot!

I got back from the park less than an hour ago and had a blast! I got a Zen Ride on Flight of Fear for my first ride of the day, which was awesome! Also, although the lights in the main "dome" were off, the lights in the tunnel holding the brake run were all on, so that was cool. Also rode a bunch of rides (including The Bat three times in a row!) saw 2 showings of Gravity, the Country show and ran into Chef Major!

Speaking of Haunt, I love messing with people on Beast as I look over at the meat curing over in the back of Slaughterhouse. :)(an evil smirk emoji would be perfect lol). Slaughterhouse is my favorite and I can't see what Mama and the boys have cooked up this year. Also, I can't wait till Wolf Pack opens, if only to see The Bat from the former Son of Beast queue.

Took advantage of ERT for the first time and got a few DB rides in. It was kinda strange visit today as my normal route at the park has me going to DB/MT last, but this time I started there. May need to take advantage of that since outside of BLSC I never seem to get the chance to ride front seat on basically anything.

Decided to try out Adventure Express again too. Got to ride it solo since it was early. Just lucky since the train before me was 80% full and when I got back they had a few people in the queues.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I had a fantastic day at the park yesterday! Though I already mentioned looking at the posters as well as attending Gravity in other threads, I also rode Drop Tower, Bat, Banshee, Boo Blasters, Vortex, WindSeeker (I saw the construction and we have footers and lot of holes have been dug!) and Beast. I also ran into a ton of people I knew, including @whengodsaysgo, @Kat@Arnieman , @VortexBFForever, someone from college and some guy who recognized me from a church I once attended. In addition to the rides, I walked around and also saw the 80's show (which, IMO, has some of the best vocal talent in the park), went to the Petting Farm and saw Space Beagle. I thought Space Beagle was a little unusual (it was a kid's show after all), but the

Spoiler

Beyoncé joke (and the "Single Ladies" dance move afterwards) made me laugh- I don't think anyone else got it though... Also, there was a random conga-line dance party thrown in for some reason...

Finally, on the Spin-the-Wheel (skip the line) game, I noticed that it says that Boo Blasters is now an option and also that any prize can be traded in for a Boo Blasters pass- I found this interesting and tried to ask the person running the game (as I thought it meant that Boo Blasters would be leaving the park soon), but I didn't get an answer lol. Speaking of Boo Blasters, it was actually a nice little ride and though the sound wasn't working, the sets were nice to look at.  

• Like 2

The ride op on The Beast today seemed unimpressed with the ride he was working on. In a cynical, unamused tone, he was saying things like "Enjoy your ride on The Beast. It's faster, longer, and more intense than WindSeeker." Ouch. 

• Confused 1

On 8/6/2019 at 3:43 PM, Joshua said:

The ride op on The Beast today seemed unimpressed with the ride he was working on. In a cynical, unamused tone, he was saying things like "Enjoy your ride on The Beast. It's faster, longer, and more intense than WindSeeker." Ouch. 

I hate “live spiel” for that reason.  You need to stay on brand dude. I don’t find it funny, just unprofessional. 

• Like 1