Kings Island 2019 Discussion

BeeastFarmer

15 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

Yeah that is ridiculous if the blocked off they close in spots first.  I would want to hear an explanation from management before criticizing, but if they are silent, then the words would fly.  

Only excuse I heard was that management wanted it that way.

On 10/13/2019 at 2:42 AM, Number5IsAlive said:

Wish I knew Vortex would have been leaving sooner or I would have gone to the park this year before Haunt.

Orion is going to be cool I bet, just going to feel bittersweet with Vortex leaving.

Viva Vortex!

Agreed.  I do do Haunt...too crowded and just not into it.  But would have made another trip prior had I know it was leaving.  There is absolutely no good reason to not announce that sooner...really screwed up here IMHO. 

Yeah that is ridiculous if they blocked off the close in spots first.  I would want to hear an explanation from management before criticizing, but if they are silent, then the words would fly.  
Did you ever hear anything? It is the same way today. We just left and the open parking is nearly at Max, an the way to Soak City exit. Seems ridiculous!

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Cmhornblessed said:

Did you ever hear anything? It is the same way today. We just left and the open parking is nearly at Max, an the way to Soak City exit. Seems ridiculous!

No, but if it makes you feel any better they shut down access to CP an hour or so ago.  Kind of glad we just never seem to have the time to a park in October anymore.  The season just gets shorter and shorter for me.  :(

My guess is that they are doing this so that the masses of people who come for haunt (and tend to stay until close) will be parked closer together vs having what are typically more rowdy guests walking to the dark edges of the Soak City parking lot.

The implication is that those who come early for haunt get worse parking spots than those who come later... Which seems ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My guess is that they are doing this so that the masses of people who come for haunt (and tend to stay until close) will be parked closer together vs having what are typically more rowdy guests walking to the dark edges of the Soak City parking lot.

The implication is that those who come early for haunt get worse parking spots than those who come later... Which seems ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's what I was thinking. We got there early so we got a good spot but I could not imagine waking that far... But today was our 30th visit of the year so perspectives are different for everyone.

I got back from a great day at the park. Rode a bunch including Bat (twice), Delirium and Invertigo (which was a great way to end my day! :D) and did the HalloTween versions of Chaos, Shipwrecked and Blackout. I also saw/ran into a few friends today, so that was cool. The Orion construction looks great in person and I can't wait to see how the coaster will look when it's done (specifically, I can't wait to see the completed version from the Eiffel Tower next season). Finally, I did ride Vortex. I sat in 5-2 and it wasn't a pleasant ride experience. I'll probably give it one last shot on its last day (hopefully in the back), but as for now, I can see why it's leaving. I will say that it is a beautiful coaster, which I noticed both from the ground and atop the Eiffel Tower, and I will miss that aspect as there will now be a huge hole where it once stood.

To everyone who has gone to Kings Island, I know that we are strict on the rules, but they are for your saftey and everyones safety. We don't make the rules, we just enforce them. If we don't enforce them we get yelled at. We are there so that you can have fun. So just listen to the staff and have a good time. Nobody wants security to be called, so don't tempt us or we will.  READ the signs. Single riders will be paired on most rides. So if you go, PLEASE read the signs and follow the rules and everyones life will be better.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Kings Island lover said:
To everyone who has gone to Kings Island, I know that we are strict on the rules, but they are for your saftey and everyones safety. We don't make the rules, we just enforce them. If we don't enforce them we get yelled at. We are there so that you can have fun. So just listen to the staff and have a good time. Nobody wants security to be called, so don't tempt us or we will.  READ the signs. Single riders will be paired on most rides. So if you go, PLEASE read the signs and follow the rules and everyones life will be better.

This just came out of left field...

• Like 2

You know what the park should do? Besides putting up the Christmas tree at the front gate during Haunt, they should put it up at beginning but turn it into a Witches hat. That couldn't be that hard, right? It would look pretty good and they don't have to worry about putting it up with two weeks of Haunt left.

• Like 6

I'm thinking of going today. Any word on lines? I see DB is closed. That obviously sucks.  Want to go for some last rides on Vortex Beast and Mystic Timbers and would've loved to toss in some DB.  Banshee would get rode too if I can ride The Bat...haven't rode that in the past 6 visits but did ride it once this season. 

9 minutes ago, Fishleehooker said:

I'm thinking of going today. Any word on lines? I see DB is closed. That obviously sucks.  Want to go for some last rides on Vortex Beast and Mystic Timbers and would've loved to toss in some DB.  Banshee would get rode too if I can ride The Bat...haven't rode that in the past 6 visits but did ride it once this season. 

I've heard it's busy. Which isn't surprising since it rained all day yesterday which also explains why Friday night was slammed. 

• Thanks 1