Kings Island 2019 Discussion

BeeastFarmer

18 minutes ago, Magenta Lizard said:

I feel like the fact it is on early ride time is going to make the t-shirt giveaway a bit of a nightmare. Hope I get one tho! :)

Yeah, we were thinking the same thing last night.  I'll be anxious to see how they handle that.

On 4/14/2019 at 12:24 AM, jimbo t said:

I am sure this has been asked already but what time does the parking lot open on preview night ?thanks

Typically, tolls open 45 minutes before the park opens. Cars will almost certainly be lined up before then.

• Like 1

I went last year. There was no line whatsoever for The Beast, I got so many night rides in. Mystic was the same (I think it was one of the options for the night?). Backlot stunt coaster was down all night. The park was quiet, if you want to experience a park after it closes this is the way to do it. I’m probably going to go again this year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phantom Theater said:

Chance of rain changed from 50% to 100% Saturday. Ugh. Still going though! 

Random fun fact about weather predictions, not that is applies much at 100% rain. The chance of rain from the point of view of a television news channel is that it is a percentage of the viewing area with a 100% chance of rain. So for Channel 12 in Cincinnati, who's viewing area covers a bit into Indiana, but a lot of SW Ohio, if they were to predict a 10% chance of rain, that just means that 10% of the total viewing area will definitely see rain today, possibly some small bit near Indianapolis. It is a minor but important shift in perspective.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phantom Theater said:

Im definitely not going to post any photos lol, but there are tons of pics of I-Street and other parts of the park behind posted on Twitter by a couple news places. Just search for Kings Island and click the photos tab. I street looks amazing!!

darn, I couldn't help myself and did just that