Kings Island 2019 Discussion

BeeastFarmer

On 4/11/2019 at 8:02 AM, Magenta Lizard said:

I feel like the fact it is on early ride time is going to make the t-shirt giveaway a bit of a nightmare. Hope I get one tho! :)

They told me on Twitter that t-shirts will not be given out during ERT tomorrow.

I know that construction in the former Firehawk spot is somewhat expected by many at this point, but I think the truth is, they would have put that fence there regardless.  At this point it is hiding an area that is still being demolished.  It is unlikely anything but dirt will be there for months.

• Like 1

I know that construction in the former Firehawk spot is somewhat expected by many at this point, but I think the truth is, they would have put that fence there regardless.  At this point it is hiding an area that is still being demolished.  It is unlikely anything but dirt will be there for months.

I don’t see how you could say this. With all of the clearing there is a coaster coming next year and it’s being constructed by B&M. Obviously this area will be seeing a lot of attention in the next few months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, fryoj said:

Is this against park rules? :-X

HvN3j.jpg

Why not, this is clearly just a single very tall man without his coat on. And being so tall he is probably easily over the age of 18 and doesn't need to be carded for any mature purchases.

• Haha 2

Visited the park for a while before work this morning. Didn't get a chance to ride Antique Autos or any coasters but got in some rides with my older niece. It was particularly nice to see that the carousel organ was working again - far better than it has the past few years it seems. Hopefully it stays working this time.

• Like 4

The park did a nice job improving several areas of the park this year:

International Street looks nice.  While I will miss the trees, the fresh paint and the improved fountains and concourses are a nice trade off.

The refreshed Beast sign, the various memorabilia on the wall, and The Beast Facts in The Beast queue were very well done.

The antiques fit in very well in that area of Coney Mall.  It took what was an eyesore of an area before and brought it to life.  The nods to the past attractions and the landscaping were all great.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Theoutdoorkid107 said:

Did anyone get a Beast t-shirt? I tried but the line was massive and I figured their was no way I could have managed, so I ducked into the Mystic line and was able to ride on the forth train out for the day.

From what I could see they had well over 40 trains worth. Took me about 90 min to get on and they looked to have gone through about 2/3 of them. I counted around 18 boxes total.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, matt112986 said:

From what I could see they had well over 40 trains worth. Took me about 90 min to get on and they looked to have gone through about 2/3 of them. I counted around 18 boxes total.

They announced in the station when train 41 rolled in, but they gave that train shirts as well.

• Like 1

I had a great time yesterday! I-Street looks great; I like the flags (as a nod to the past) as well as how open the walkways feel. Also, the different color umbrellas (based on the building they are near?) was a nice touch. I actually did not see the Glockenspiel show work, but I did see the figures stationary outside of the Festhaus. The fountains were nice at first, but they seemed a bit much at night. Also, due to weather, the three Arrows (Vortex/Adventure Express/Bat) were all closed, which was unfortunate as it felt like something was missing from the day. On a positive note, I had some great rides on Flight of Fear, Mystic and Banshee (which I no longer have to pay for as all my belongings now fit into my cargo shorts!) and really enjoyed being in the park again. I did ride Antique Autos first thing and loved it! I love the references to older rides/areas of the park and I think my favorite is

Spoiler

the Wild Animal Habitat/Adventure Village billboard. Also, why so many Zodiac references? There were like 2 or 3 along the track.

Finally, Invertigo did get a new train, courtesy of Stinger (from Dorney Park), which was formally Invertigo at Great America. The green looks really nice and I loved riding a piece of 90's history (actually, the trip forward was great (ectasy) and the return trip (backwards) was headbanging agony). I just wished they painted the track Yellow again to match the new train (as the supports are already Blue.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MDMC01 said:

I had a great time yesterday! I-Street looks great; I like the flags (as a nod to the past) as well as how open the walkways feel. Also, the different color umbrellas (based on the building they are near?) was a nice touch. I actually did not see the Glockenspiel show work, but I did see the figures stationary outside of the Festhaus. The fountains were nice at first, but they seemed a bit much at night. Also, due to weather, the three Arrows (Vortex/Adventure Express/Bat) were all closed, which was unfortunate as it felt like something was missing from the day. On a positive note, I had some great rides on Flight of Fear, Mystic and Banshee (which I no longer have to pay for as all my belongings now fit into my cargo shorts!) and really enjoyed being in the park again. I did ride Antique Autos first thing and loved it! I love the references to older rides/areas of the park and I think my favorite is

Hide contents

the Wild Animal Habitat/Adventure Village billboard. Also, why so many Zodiac references? There were like 2 or 3 along the track.

Finally, Invertigo did get a new train, courtesy of Stinger (from Dorney Park), which was formally Invertigo at Great America. The green looks really nice and I loved riding a piece of 90's history (actually, the trip forward was great (ectasy) and the return trip (backwards) was headbanging agony). I just wished they painted the track Yellow again to match the new train (as the supports are already Blue.

So it was a "new to KI train" on Invertigo?  Because yesterday may have been the worst ride I've ever had.  I swear it was running on square wheels.  You could hear the wheels thump-thump-thumping when the train was on the course.

I actually had the opposite ride on Invertigo versus what @MDMC01 got, I got headbanged on the first go-through (was going backwards) but when we went forwards I leaned my head out a bit and that really helped.

I also had no idea it was Stinger's old train at the time, but I thought it felt weird. Not a fan of the restraints on it, the "ears" attached to the OTSRs feel really un-needed and just cause more headbanging IMO. I actually don't remember if the old train had them or not, though.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, flightoffear1996 said:

Did anyone notice how much more friendly all the workers seemed to be this year?  

With Kings Island being my home park it was really nice to feel like a stepped into a magical place with the new IE renno.  Amazing!!!!

Totally agree.  We were eating dinner in the Festhaus Friday night, and after finishing up, we were sitting a talking before throwing our trash away on the way out.  As we were talking, an employee came over and asked if he could take care of our trash for us.  We told him that we would take care of it, but it was something that was very much appreciated :)  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, LongLiveTheSmurfRide said:

I didn't notice any area specific music besides I-Street and Rivertown.

They added very apparent Mexican music outside of Hank’s. Works well. Only problem is I hear the accordions and think the glockenspiel is going off in the distance!

• Like 3