Kings Island 2019 Discussion

BeeastFarmer

1 hour ago, chibul said:

What are the early ride time rides for this month?

April - June: Autos, Beast, and select Planet Snoopy

July - October: MT, DB, and select Planet Snoopy

...now, will we get ERT at night this year??  The first one would typically be next Thursday...

Haven't been since my original trip, but plan to stop by after work (3ish) today and see if I can ride the coasters I enjoyed last time. Maybe try Invertigo if it's available this time. Also upgraded to a platinum pass so I can make a few CP trips this season too.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, flightoffear1996 said:

How about hats. I got hit in the face from a flying baseball hat on The Vortex last week.  

I hope they never ban hats! I've always wore one and never lost it

What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger

Hats have always been worn on rides and it's never been a issue

On 5/10/2019 at 10:51 PM, Magenta Lizard said:

The same sign was at Banshee. I heard a rumor today that starting today the policy is if someone has their phone out on a ride they will be greeted at the station by security and ejected from the park. I dearly hope this is true. 

This is true. If you are caught with a phone out on the lift, they will stop the train, come confiscate your phone, then security will be called and you will be ejected from the park. I got decked with a phone on Millennium yesterday at CP, so this is fine by me. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, DeltaFlyer said:

This is true. If you are caught with a phone out on the lift, they will stop the train, come confiscate your phone, then security will be called and you will be ejected from the park. I got decked with a phone on Millennium yesterday at CP, so this is fine by me. 

This happen this weekend during one of my rides. 

I was on Woodstock Express on Saturday.  Top of the lift hill we stop.  Kids start crying.  Employee walks up the hill, gets the phone from the guy in the front seat, then walks back down.  Security was waiting at the exit.  Hope they booted him.  They even told him before we left the station to put it away.  Great example for your kid.

• Like 1

I'm not really excited about the new way they are doing the night rides.  With only doing 1 and having it on a Friday night, I imagine the crowds will be disastrous.  The Thursday nights always started really busy, but by 11 or so, most people were already leaving.  The night rides in June last year with Woodstock and DB were really good.  We did Woodstock twice and DB about 5 times during the 2 hours.

• Like 1

Question about Kings Island Season Passes: 

I am thinking about upgrading my Gold Pass to Platinum since my family is planning a trip to Carowinds during Memorial Day weekend. Will my Kings Island Platinum Pass be able to purchase Carowinds bring a friend tickets?

• Like 1

^ Platinum pass benefits are the same no matter which park you purchase from. Your pass number should work to buy bring-a-friend tickets on Carowinds' website or at the front gate.

9 hours ago, Creed Bratton said:

The only thing I'm disappointed with on this is that it's the first night of Holiwood Nights....as I'm going to that, I won't be able to attend this one and only ride night.

Hope the club members wanting ERT at Kings Island got Coasterstock tickets!

Since they're only doing one, having some of the enthusiast crowd spread out to Indiana might help with the coaster lines.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, malem said:

^ Platinum pass benefits are the same no matter which park you purchase from. Your pass number should work to buy bring-a-friend tickets on Carowinds' website or at the front gate.

Hope the club members wanting ERT at Kings Island got Coasterstock tickets!

Since they're only doing one, having some of the enthusiast crowd spread out to Indiana might help with the coaster lines.

Front gate is usually priced more than online as well but the processing fee usually evens it out if you purchase three or more tickets.

And yes I will be among those making my pilgramage to Holiday World for Holiwood Nights and the Event at Kentucky Kingdom on that Sunday! :D 

I am extremely surprised I have heard very little amounts of people commenting on the fact that the trims on Racer's turnaround are gone (or were gone when I rode in early May), the second half had very strong airtime!

• Like 1