Jump to content
BeeastFarmer

Kings Island 2019 Discussion

Recommended Posts

On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 10:36 PM, refrigerator said:

When I worked at KI, we had a haunt night with over 60,000.

Dang! Just out of curiosity, does anyone wanna take a guess on how many people were at the park for Mystic Timbers' preview night? That's the most crowded I've ever seen the park (worse than a Haunt Saturday).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Went for a few hours today. A LOT busier than when I went the first time around. Only rode 6 coasters before heading home. Course the app wasn't able to take me to my car, so I spent a good hour crisping in the sun trying to find it.

Since I missed Invertigo last time I did it first thing here. Sat in the front seat and wow that was a lotta fun.

Diamondback... I feel I got real lucky here. As I was waiting in the fastpass lane they did a few empty test runs and then I got in the actual line. When my train got back they made an announcement that it's down for now, but you can stay in line if you wanna yadda yadda. No idea if it started running when I left, but glad I got to go on it at least.

Didn't like Mystic or Beast much the first visit, so I gave them a reride. Mystic's pre-shed was pretty good. And we went inside it a lot sooner (or it felt anyway) than when I rode it the first time so I wanna say it probably was delayed for some reason. Or I'm just bad at timing and it was the same amount. Beast was better the second go. I liked the initial and anything in the tunnels.

Backlot... was not nearly as fun the second time. Perhaps since it was my first ride in nearly a decade that bumped it up in the "will ride again list" but after doing it again it's sliding down to the "maybe I don't need to every again" ha.

Since I was burning up, didn't seem like Banshee or Vortex were up (at least at a glance) and every food line was pretty backed up I decided to leave early. Glad I got Fastlane for days like today. Now they just need to implement a food and beverage version...

Between Cedar Point on Thursday and KI on Saturday, I'm parked out!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, radishman said:

And we went inside it a lot sooner (or it felt anyway) than when I rode it the first time so I wanna say it probably was delayed for some reason. Or I'm just bad at timing and it was the same amount. Beast was better the second go. I liked the initial and anything in the tunnels.

That's down to how fast they are dispatching trains.  The shed is just a great way to disguise trains stacking at the station.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does that say $2 or $7? If it says $2, you are correct- what a deal! I think the cheapest food item I’ve encountered at the park so far is the $2 Texas Toast at Chicken Shack; that stuff is good.

In other news, riding Delirium with your eyes closed (intentionally, not out of fear) is somewhat relaxing... it’s like a giant cradle. However, the weightlessness at the apexes make you feel like you’re going to fly out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today was a great day to go the park. Got there at 10:30 and rode everything twice by 5. Basically walk up on everything. Waited maybe 10 minutes for beast, Diamondback, FOF, and Mystic Timbers the second time around. Brought some friends for the $20 bring a friend day with a gold pass. We didn’t mind leaving early because we had already done everything, even the flat rides.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can someone refresh my memory on the gate price of gold pass bring a friend tics? I recall last year that if you bought these at the gate, they were around $42-43 total (no processing fee).  Do they still offer these at the gate, or have they reverted to online-only sales for these tics?  thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Took my family to KI Thursday and had a great day. Finally got on the KMAA and honestly really enjoyed it. Rode Scrambler for the first time since probably around the turn of the millennium, and even though we were really there for the kids, my wife let me sneak off for a (nearly) walk on ride on MT, and later on got to ride DB. I've been several times this season already, but my Kids have only been with me maybe twice (this season). As we were walking in, my son was talking about how he wanted to ride the Viking ship, and it occurred to me that the last two seasons I've been going (took a long hiatus from the park) I haven't seen that thing running much. Last year I don't think I ever saw it running before June, and this year seems to be on the same trajectory. Anyone know what this is about? Does the Viking Ship usually stay closed until later in the season?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, matt112986 said:

Coincidence? Rode it twice with my niece last Tuesday. Think I only saw it closed once so far this year. The ride is one of the last to close due to weather as well.

Gotcha. I was thinking someone would tell me they just don't open it until later in the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, ldhudsonjr said:

Took my family to KI Thursday and had a great day. Finally got on the KMAA and honestly really enjoyed it. Rode Scrambler for the first time since probably around the turn of the millennium, and even though we were really there for the kids, my wife let me sneak off for a (nearly) walk on ride on MT, and later on got to ride DB. I've been several times this season already, but my Kids have only been with me maybe twice (this season). As we were walking in, my son was talking about how he wanted to ride the Viking ship, and it occurred to me that the last two seasons I've been going (took a long hiatus from the park) I haven't seen that thing running much. Last year I don't think I ever saw it running before June, and this year seems to be on the same trajectory. Anyone know what this is about? Does the Viking Ship usually stay closed until later in the season?

It was running yesterday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Logan said:

I’ve personally never seen the Viking ship down and try to ride it on about half of my visits.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh wow. For me it's the opposite. I've been to the park several times this season already and I haven't seen it running yet.  I tend to go during the week though.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ldhudsonjr said:

Oh wow. For me it's the opposite. I've been to the park several times this season already and I haven't seen it running yet.  I tend to go during the week though.

 

I haven't gone yet this year, so maybe that's it. I rode it as recently as last September though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rode the Viking today for the first time. I've been on it at other parks, so it wasn't a priority in my past visits. Dunno if it was up and running any of my other visits since today was the first time I've seen it in motion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...