Kings Island 2019 Discussion

BeeastFarmer

I was spit on while riding The Beast, TWICE, by another person. It actually went in my eye, BOTH TIMES! When the ride was over I approached a worker and told them what happened, the worker told the kid “not to do it again”, I was appalled. I went to security and told them and they went to find the kid. I was told to go to guest services in the mean time. Well guess what, in the big fancy park they couldn’t even find the kid, haha what kind of security, but anyways the story is just beginning. Once I was in guest services, a kid, maybe 20 years old greeted me. I told him my problem and he LAUGHED! I was just spit on and it landed in my eye! That is assault in some cases!? I was brushed aside by him, he didn’t care and said there is nothing we can do. WHAT THE! He then told me to call a number that could resolve my problem?I called the number and guess freaking what, it’s the same office, like they are making a fool of me by now. So after talking to a “ride supervisor “ who is no older than 20 told me the same thing!! We’ll go ahead folks go to Kings Island where the security is pathetic and they just slap people on the wrists for spitting on others!!!! Guess I’ll just go spitbon people at Kings Island, apparently it’s legal there 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

Today was a great day in the park! I was there from before 10 till around 5:30 (last thing I did was see the 5 PM showing of Gravity) and what a day it was. I got first train of the day (front seat) on Invertigo, which despite sitting in a different seat, was still its great but head-bangy self. IIRC, I also got front on Flight of Fear, which followed afterward. Other highlights of the day included White Water Canyon (the first ride was a Zen Ride and I didn't get too wet; the second ride I got soaked by the operator!), going up in the Effial Tower (those viewfinders are severely underrated; it was so cool to spy on the park and see rides go through their paces up close- and it only costs 2 quarters!), the 80's show (which was amazing; probably the best iteration of the 80's show yet as the chorography and talent was great! I also saw @XGatorHead 8904 and his crew there) and the Country show (my new favorite show because 90's nostalgia!). I also rode Vortex, Adventure Express (I saw they were working on the pad- I think it may be too small to be a Haunt maze...) The Bat, Delirium, Drop Tower, WindSeeker (to me, it looks like the clearing is gonna go beside and further than the fireworks launch pad), Beast (where I saw that Mama and the Slaughterhouse boys had left some meat to cure in the sun) and Mystic Timbers. I also played Pokémon Go on and off, and while I couldn't do any Raids (as my avatar couldn't quite reach Bat or WindSeeker's gym), I did put a Pokémon in a gym as well as caught a new one (Burmy). In addition to catching stuff, I also took some really cool AR pictures of Pokémon as they relate to the coasters of KI (which I'll probably post at some point). Finally, it appears that the Wifi has improved since the last time I visited; not only did I automatically log onto the WiFi when I was in range, but I didn't encounter that annoying pop-up screen once. Do note however that the WiFi is not everywhere (The Bat, around WindSeeker), so keep that in mind. All in all, it was an incredible day full of fun! 

EDIT: Also met a fellow KICer and her husband at Cirque, so that was cool!

EDIT2: Also-also, on the topic of spitting, apparently a kid spit and hit someone (not me) in line for Bat and the kid was reprimanded by the mother (the mom also apologized to the victim of the spit).

• Like 6

18 hours ago, Jacob f said:

I was spit on while riding The Beast, TWICE, by another person. It actually went in my eye, BOTH TIMES! When the ride was over I approached a worker and told them what happened, the worker told the kid “not to do it again”, I was appalled. I went to security and told them and they went to find the kid. I was told to go to guest services in the mean time. Well guess what, in the big fancy park they couldn’t even find the kid, haha what kind of security, but anyways the story is just beginning. Once I was in guest services, a kid, maybe 20 years old greeted me. I told him my problem and he LAUGHED! I was just spit on and it landed in my eye! That is assault in some cases!? I was brushed aside by him, he didn’t care and said there is nothing we can do. WHAT THE! He then told me to call a number that could resolve my problem?I called the number and guess freaking what, it’s the same office, like they are making a fool of me by now. So after talking to a “ride supervisor “ who is no older than 20 told me the same thing!! We’ll go ahead folks go to Kings Island where the security is pathetic and they just slap people on the wrists for spitting on others!!!! Guess I’ll just go spitbon people at Kings Island, apparently it’s legal there 

That does suck! I would be in going nuttz mode on ANYONE that spit and hit me. And probably being banned.  

Did you say something to the Spitter?

Don't be scared of ANYONE, 2 times it worth throwing down even it means taking a ass whooping.... That's insane.  

There's always some group of people that decide the world needs to hear their low quality (because it's probably stolen imo) music blasted on their speaker haha
Especially unfavorable when you're hiking trying to taking in the views and atmosphere that nature has to offer. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, flightoffear1996 said:

What is this new fad of using portable speakers in the park. We were in the kids area of the park and someone was standing there with a portable speaker blasting some not so nice music next to us. The park should ban these. 

I hate to break it to you, but that’s been a thing for a few years now unfortunately -_-

11 hours ago, Codyfryguy said:

Sneak peek at the floats credit goes to midwest coaster fans on Facebook

It needs to be said that this picture was taken from an area the photographer was not supposed to be in. Risking your access to the park entirely by trespassing to take pictures is just dumb. Especially for something everyone will be seeing in living color (and un-tarped) in a couple weeks anyway.

If you can see something from a ride like Drop Tower, but are unable to photograph it from publicly accessible areas, just tell people so they can go look for themselves. Don’t risk being banned from the park, it just isn’t that important. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Magenta Lizard said:

It needs to be said that this picture was taken from an area the photographer was not supposed to be in. Risking your access to the park entirely by trespassing to take pictures is just dumb. Especially for something everyone will be seeing in living color (and un-tarped) in a couple weeks anyway.

If you can see something from a ride like Drop Tower, but are unable to photograph it from publicly accessible areas, just tell people so they can go look for themselves. Don’t risk being banned from the park, it just isn’t that important. 

The floats appear to be in a backstage area, but are you sure the photographer was? I can't figure where in the park that shot is, but it could've been taken through a crack in a fence or similar.

Edit - The floats appear to the back of Drop Tower's queue house, near one of the entrances to Timberwolf. There's a large swinging gate there with a substantial gap between the sides someone could easily stick a phone or camera in-between.

• Like 1

Well, I figured out why I never got the PassPerks email. Apparently you only get PassPerks at your pass's home park. Mine is from CA Great America because I had a trip planned there and thus wanted the free Fast Lane for renewing early.

Oh well, always next year I guess. At least the free Fast Lane at CA Great America was worth it. The park was slam-packed the day I visited.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Magenta Lizard said:

To add, we took the the pics @Magenta Lizard was talking about down earlier today. We will not allow unauthorized pics on KIC. 

1 hour ago, silver2005 said:

Just out of curiosity, which area crew is the new Tiques crew with?

KMAA is paired with Shake Rattle & Roll for its crew (just like how WindSeeker and Vortex are paired for my crew). Prior to this year, Shake Rattle & Roll was paired with Backlot. Backlot is now its own crew.

• Like 5

On 5/28/2019 at 2:41 PM, homestar92 said:

Well, I figured out why I never got the PassPerks email. Apparently you only get PassPerks at your pass's home park. Mine is from CA Great America because I had a trip planned there and thus wanted the free Fast Lane for renewing early.

Oh well, always next year I guess. At least the free Fast Lane at CA Great America was worth it. The park was slam-packed the day I visited.

I don't know if it's just that. We have only gold passes and still didn't get an email.

I have a two year old son that really wants to ride the antique cars (he believes they are golf carts). He does not have the patience to wait in a long line.  It seems to have a long line every time we have walked by it.  If we do ERT for them is it usually a walk on?

• Like 1

has anyone received a perk yet?

I have gone twice since the PassPerks email went out and I haven't received anything. I see the site said "select days" but I see nothing indicating what those days are.

• Like 1

On 6/1/2019 at 6:56 PM, vlagroupie said:

Has anyone received a pass perks email? I’ve been three times since they sent the email about the program and I haven’t received anything. Am I missing something?

Eta: sorry I see now that someone else has asked this question already.

So the way it allegedly works is that if you visit the park you might get an email for free things. I sure hope it is in its infancy because man... they could have an intern come up with something better than that. :D

I’m 21 visits in and haven’t gotten anything yet. I’m wondering if the program hasn’t really launched yet.

7 hours ago, BoddaH1994 said:

So the way it allegedly works is that if you visit the park you might get an email for free things. I sure hope it is in its infancy because man... they could have an intern come up with something better than that. :D

I’m 21 visits in and haven’t gotten anything yet. I’m wondering if the program hasn’t really launched yet.

Did you check your spam filters?