Kings Island 2019 Discussion

BeeastFarmer

• 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

Does anyone know generally when they start to test rides? I have the webcams all day to look for signs of life haha. I see they uncovered Delirium!

You'll probably see some rides running starting around the 1st of April.  Maybe sooner, maybe later.  It depends on a lot, especially weather and the maintenance schedule.

One "fun" thing that I saw a few years ago was WindSeeker parked at the top for about a half hour in January.  Not sure what kind of maintenance they were doing on it, but it was oddly refreshing to see that guy in the air on such a cold day.

• Like 4

It sucks when im the last one to talk on a thread days ago and need to add more lol I know Beast is on the tracks due to a KI twitter post. I see BLSC and MT going back up now. I haven't seen anything else yet.  I sometimes really wish they would move these cameras around a bit like CP does. Though the quality of the image is best here on the KI cam's.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

@Maverick44 I combined the 2 posts from today.

Thank you haha, I was the only one talking! I was not sure what to do.

7 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Imo they should get new webcams in the future. Like one pointing at every area of the park (except Soak City due to typical reasons). 

I would get 3 just like that have. Placed them on the tower and have the option to move and zoom like CP's does. I like how CP and Carowinds have a cam on construction projects. I wish Ki would do that.

On 1/22/2019 at 12:14 PM, chad_1138 said:

Agree on this as well.  The Juke Box burgers were really good at the start of the season, but quickly went downhill.

You're right the burgers were much better at the beginning of the season, reason being they hired an outside food services company to staff until Memorial Day, after that I didn't step foot in that place but one time, after I saw how filthy it was I immediately left. They were not even busy, just very uninterested workers standing around talking. I also liked the mushroom swiss burger they had during Winterfest.

Not to break the excitement of the testing that has begun, but I had a question. Does anyone know If I can upgrade an E-ticket to season pass? My dad bought me an e-ticket for Kings Island on opening day but I want to upgrade it to a season pass. I'm a normal season pass holder every year, but since my dad helped me get the car that I'm driving now, he said I was on my own this year. So anyone who can help with this would be awesome.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rivertown Rider said:

You can go to Guest Services and they can apply the e-ticket cost to a season pass and then you would just have to make up the difference in cost between the two.

I think he’s better off going to the ticket windows. Honestly I’d call the park before opening at 513-754-5700 and ask. I imagine both ticketing and guest services may have lines on opening day so I don’t want you to waist your time either way.

• Like 2

Not to break the excitement of the testing that has begun, but I had a question. Does anyone know If I can upgrade an E-ticket to season pass? My dad bought me an e-ticket for Kings Island on opening day but I want to upgrade it to a season pass. I'm a normal season pass holder every year, but since my dad helped me get the car that I'm driving now, he said I was on my own this year. So anyone who can help with this would be awesome.

When paged I help lol. default_smile.png Yes you can. Ticket windows are open by the time security opens an hour before the park opens. (They are the last building on the left, in front of processing and behind a switchback queue line) Go there, tell them you want to upgrade your ticket to a season pass (If you got a specific dated ticket, it would have to be that day.) And you would pay the difference in price between what you paid for the ticket itself and how much the pass is.(*ticket upgraded passes cant be put on the payment plan, just an fyi) Get there asap, especially on opening day, as when the weather lines up with opening day, sales usually has a line that builds up fast in the morning.

Edit: After purchasing, go directly to processing(underneath the red awning), you'll have to fill out a data entry sheet and then you'll get your pass after taking a picture. No hats or sunglasses!

• Like 4