International street makeover

Klabergian Empire

14 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

Even if you are within proper FAA guidelines, taking unauthorized photos of the park could put you in a position of losing park privileges. Is it really worth it? 

I wouldn’t even attempt it, as I don’t have a pilot’s license. 

Joking aside, I would never do it.

13 minutes ago, sixohdieselrage said:

I don't recommend flying directly over the park either. But what harm is flying a 1/4 mile away, and snapping a few pictures? Just saying. 

Maybe no harm, but the park has made it clear their feelings on this subject. As enthusiasts we should respect their wishes.

• Like 6

D9309BD3-736D-4FEF-BF32-60CD942CE7EF.jpeg

Request to the FAA install an antenna on the side of the a tower that has a required beacon, likely the Eiffel Tower. Pinnacle Towers, LLC, specializes in brokering the the leasing of the tops of buildings for cellular antennas and small cells. This may mean that they are adding a cell phone tower, it may have to do with some or all of the carriers 5G upgrades, could be for emergency or internal use, or it could mean nothing. 

• Like 7

Although I'm not sure of the origin, there's a photo on Twitter showing what appears to be the removal of the trees along the Royal Fountains.....

If they are actually taking this back to the original days with the designed shrubbery instead of giant trees blocking the view of everything, count me as excited. While I'm one who appreciates having trees both for aesthetics and shade, the trees along the fountains have truly been taking away from the overall beauty of the street and I, for one, can't wait to see the return of the original International Street. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, BoddaH1994 said:

D9309BD3-736D-4FEF-BF32-60CD942CE7EF.jpeg

Request to the FAA install an antenna on the side of the a tower that has a required beacon, likely the Eiffel Tower. Pinnacle Towers, LLC, specializes in brokering the the leasing of the tops of buildings for cellular antennas and small cells. This may mean that they are adding a cell phone tower, it may have to do with some or all of the carriers 5G upgrades, could be for emergency or internal use, or it could mean nothing. 

The long and Lat for the tower in that FAA request are actually for a tower just south of the park.  It is located between the water park and Western Row rd.  The frequencies look like they are for cell phones, but nothing specific enough to guess carriers.

I am courious where and when has the park ever complained about photos taken from planes?  They have complained and made it very clear that drones are not acceptable and are dangerous and I agree with this but I cannot remember any statements or requests that were made public which include planes.  During the work on Steel Vengence, Cedar Point asked fan sites to remove photos which were taken on-site without permission but those were taken by people trespassing or construction workers who did not have permission to take the photos.

• Like 1

Bioreconstruct on Twitter posts weekly pics from flyovers of the Orlando parks and those parks clearly have not asked him to stop or done anything to prevent it. If you are in a manned aircraft and within FAA guidelines, it would be pretty petty for KI to ban you from the park for taking pics. 

• Like 5

The long and Lat for the tower in that FAA request are actually for a tower just south of the park.  It is located between the water park and Western Row rd.  The frequencies look like they are for cell phones, but nothing specific enough to guess carriers.

I am courious where and when has the park ever complained about photos taken from planes?  They have complained and made it very clear that drones are not acceptable and are dangerous and I agree with this but I cannot remember any statements or requests that were made public which include planes.  During the work on Steel Vengence, Cedar Point asked fan sites to remove photos which were taken on-site without permission but those were taken by people trespassing or construction workers who did not have permission to take the photos.

It’s called courtesy and respecting the park’s privacy as they prepare for the new season. A concept that many have forgotten or never were taught. :|

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 4

There are a number of Twitter and You Tube "stars" who do what they want and simply get away with it. Of course, luck does sometime run out. For example, Adam the Woo did eventually get in trouble with Disney for his habit of trespassing. 

These parks have these rules in place for good reason. There are liability and safety concerns to think about and there's always the risk that acceptance/leniency will inspire more people to do it, therefore increasing those concerns. You wouldn't want someone just spying or walking onto your property, would you?

Plus, while I do like seeing things I wouldn't normally get to see, like remnants of old rides, can we just admit that shaky trespassing footage, self-made ride POVs, and amateur drone shots just aren't as interesting as ones that are steady, detailed, and professionally made?

• Like 3

Although I'm not sure of the origin, there's a photo on Twitter showing what appears to be the removal of the trees along the Royal Fountains.....

If they are actually taking this back to the original days with the designed shrubbery instead of giant trees blocking the view of everything, count me as excited. While I'm one who appreciates having trees both for aesthetics and shade, the trees along the fountains have truly been taking away from the overall beauty of the street and I, for one, can't wait to see the return of the original International Street. 

There was a picture of it on this site a couple of days ago showing all the trees removed but for some reason it is not on here anymore. Not sure why.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oldschool75 said:

It’s called courtesy and respecting the park’s privacy as they prepare for the new season. A concept that many have forgotten or never were taught. :|

If the park wants privacy I am totally fine with giving them it, my question was more along the line that it feels like people are making up a bunch of rules that the park never asked for.  People who are claiming the park was going to ban people or that it park made it clear they do not want any of these kinds of photos being taken.

Heres the problem, I can go and look at posts by the park, and can see the requests they have made and every single one I have seen specifically is talking about photos taken by people doing illegal actions.  I have a very hard time comparing someone breaking into a park, or finding an open door and exploring in areas which are off limits to a few photos taken in perfectly legal method.

Maybe this is because I typcally mostly see arial video and photos for the LA and Orlando parks where the local TV stations get in on it and show video from helicopters frequently.  But every time I have ever spoken with a park executive about the cat and mouse games some parks play with new attractions and enthusiasts most do not seem to really mind the coverage, they view it as free advertising.  But they have serious problems with people taking actions that are illegal or a danger to themselves or others.  This is where my understanding that the drone rules are coming from, they are a possible danger to people at the park so the park has banned them.

On the topic of Cedar Fair, the reason I talked about the photos of Steel Vengance that the park had a problem with, some enthusiasts took photos from a boat during construction.  From what I heard the park was fine with those because they were taken off-site.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ohiocoasterfan said:

There was a picture of it on this site a couple of days ago showing all the trees removed but for some reason it is not on here anymore. Not sure why.

The picture was not sourced back to who took the picture. Pictures that do not follow the TOS and social media guidelines by the park will be removed.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Oldschool75 said:

I don't have a problem with respecting privacy. But when you have stuff that is outdoor, you don't really have a leg to stand on. 

That's one reason we never flew directly over the park. And by that time, the photos of Firehawk were already out there that showed it was being scrapped.

Now, drones are a different breed. I completely understand why they won't let you fly one over the park.  

• Like 2

It's a park renovation.  Why on earth burn plane fuel and money to sneak a peak.  Commercial flights come no where close to flying low enough to grab a picture- besides, I don't think pilots take flight pattern requests.

It's only a couple months.  take a deep breath; go sledding; take up a hobby; and wait.  It'll be OK.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Outdoor Man said:

It's a park renovation.  Why on earth burn plane fuel and money to It's only a couple months.  take a deep breath; go sledding; take up a hobby; and wait.  It'll be OK.

People also fly for hobbies. If they've earned the abilities to fly, they have the right to go where ever. It's not like they're going every week.

This has nothing to do with the thread. Let's stay on topic. 

• Like 3

What is the point of getting these photos? To be the first one to "break the news?" To know before anyone else does? To me those would be pathetic reasons. I can understand if you fly over the park on a commercial flight, you can't control that route. But to physically place yourself over the park on your own accord is just insane. 

It's all about respect, as Oldschool75 said: "It’s called courtesy and respecting the park’s privacy as they prepare for the new season." 

Why do people want to get this information out there before the park even announces it? Why don't they let the park do their job and announce it when it's appropriate? 

We had a user on KIC a few years ago, trespass into the park to get a good look at construction....guess what that user is gone now...that person also damage the reputation of KIC with the park. I can bet that users of KIC who attempt to do anything that would 1) be trespassing 2) leak information about the park before the park is ready to announce something will damage the relationship KIC has with the park and could lead to further issues. 

• Like 2

Personally I do not see legal aerial photography any differently than when members of this site go and drive past Clermont Steel to take photos, or when permits and other government documents are posted.  I have no idea how people can justify one and then complain about another.

I see zero difference standing on the side of a road takings pictures of track, or sitting in a plane taking pictures of the park.  The poster who took the pictures from the plane has stated they never flew over the park, and I would like to think something similar can be said for the individuals taking pictures at Clermont Steel.

I am curious if the posters asking to respect the park and wait will have the same standards when the next coaster is built at the park.

• Like 8

7 hours ago, chugh43 said:

What is the point of getting these photos? To be the first one to "break the news?" To know before anyone else does? To me those would be pathetic reasons. I can understand if you fly over the park on a commercial flight, you can't control that route. But to physically place yourself over the park on your own accord is just insane. 

It's all about respect, as Oldschool75 said: "It’s called courtesy and respecting the park’s privacy as they prepare for the new season." 

Why do people want to get this information out there before the park even announces it? Why don't they let the park do their job and announce it when it's appropriate? 

We had a user on KIC a few years ago, trespass into the park to get a good look at construction....guess what that user is gone now...that person also damage the reputation of KIC with the park. I can bet that users of KIC who attempt to do anything that would 1) be trespassing 2) leak information about the park before the park is ready to announce something will damage the relationship KIC has with the park and could lead to further issues. 

Again, the photos that I posted from the plane were not a "break the news", or to "know before anyone else does", as there were obviously pictures taken from the ground before hand. 

Why is it insane to want to fly around the park? Its public airspace. It is no different than you wanting to fly around the Grand Canyon or The Badlands. People like to sightsee. You can't say that you don't like too either. 

Now, what is the difference between peeking through a construction fence to get pictures, versus being in a plane? Because I am sure you have looked through the fence into the KMAA site during Haunt/Winterfest. 

I do agree. Trespassing is NEVER ok. And those who do it should be held fully accountable, by whatever means it takes. Now, tell me what exactly what was leaked that you are having a fit about?

Going back to what I have said. Drones are a big no. The park does have specific rules about them. But seems like some people have an issue with aircraft as well.

I haven't heard the park complain once about any of the pictures I had. So, they must not have an issue with them. I'm sure @IndyGuy4KI can vouch for me on that. 

• Like 8

Hey everyone, Maybe if you ask PR nicely they will release a couple of pictures, rather than taking chances to either PO the park, or get arrested. OR just be patient! Sometimes a little mystery to things makes the end result more rewarding. 

***Also, I apologize if anyone felt this statement was directed towards them personally, I enjoy looking at all of the pictures and I’m just as excited to see what’s coming next year as all of you. Carry on....

• Like 5

@sixohdieselrage my statement was more of a generic statement. I've seen your photos and understand where you are coming from. I could have worded the portion a bit better about being over the park. Below is just a general statement, not calling anyone out specifically.

I'm having more of a "fit" about the I-street photos that the park hasn't released.  Someone definitely released a photo before the park did of I-Street. However, they obtained it...why is it okay for someone to release information about the updates to I-Street before the park does or a contractor with permission does? When the local media often sources KICentral about news/speculation about the park, doesn't it seem like we're doing the parks work that they have already planned to do at a later time by posting things unreleased?  What's the point of the park even having a PR/Marketing Department if random enthusiasts spread the information/pictures out before they are able to do it? Why do we as enthusiasts feel that we have the right to know things from the park before it's released to the public?  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@chugh43 I appreciate your comment. That's the only downside to text or voice/being in person. We cannot convey attitude or such. 

That is fair.  I have actually been asked quite a few times for some pictures above specifically of I-Street. When we went up, we didn't know about the renovations yet. But now that people know, they have been asking to see. But, I have declined for that exact reason. Let the park show it. Honestly. I'm welcoming that nice surprise walking into the park for the first time of the season in April. 

• Like 2

@sixohdieselrage Yes!!!!! I'm so looking forward to that surprise of walking into the park and checking it all out. I feel I'll be spending plenty of time in I-Street this year! 

I'm hoping for a show similar to "Snoopy's Symphony of Water" that I saw at Canada's Wonderland.  https://www.canadaswonderland.com/play/shows/snoopys-symphony-of-water

While it was short-ish, simple and only happened early in the day, it was entertaining and relaxing! 

• Like 3

I am asking that we close the book on the picture discussion at this point.  I am going to close it with this:

I try to work very closely with the park to get information to share with you, the members. When they can, they do send us information, pictures, answer our questions for the Ask KI a question thread, and do interviews with us at the park. They do this because we have a good relationship and they want to share our excitement about the park. I would like to keep that relationship to bring you guys information from the park.

When the members are not being respectful of their requests and park rules (whether you agree or disagree with them) they are not going to want to continue the same relationship with us. I ask that you keep that in mind as you post on KIC.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 7