International street makeover

Klabergian Empire

Here's the show at Canada's Wonderland....while it's not all that "thrilling" it was entertaining!

Edit: 

I'm interested to see what Eiffel Tower end of I-Street will look like. We know that the stage is going to be extended some how. I assume it'll be a little bit wider and it'll come out into the street more. With Winterfest this past year, I really noticed how far out they had the risers/extenders. I could see them making that permanent. 

I do hope that they do end up adding more tables/chairs/umbrellas. 

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I would like to see some of the shop areas be turned into International Cuisine store fronts. Move Build-A-Bear somewhere else (I'd have to really think about where), move the shop with the random pop culture merch (the name escapes me) out and put a quick serve restaurant there. 

I know that they recently redid the inside of Skyline...and it may be franchised, but would love to see it move off of I-Street and a more International shop be placed there. 

I know at one point, the park had considered the path all the way up to Boo Blasters as part of International Street....could we see an update with Boo Blasters? 
For example of when this path was considered see the 2009 Map: http://cpfoodblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/2009-Kings-Island-Map-Inside.pdf

Edited by chugh43
Added more commentary about I-Street renovations
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, chugh43 said:

I know that they recently redid the inside of Skyline...and it may be franchised, but would love to see it move off of I-Street and a more International shop be placed there.

I am actually OK with Skyline being there, while it isn't international it is regional specific. We are used to it, but it is something unique-ish to Cincinnati for out of towners. Same for LaRosa's, it is a Cincinnati Pizza. Build-A-Bear can be found all over the country. The souvenir shops are at least somewhat specific to Kings Island so it sort of fits as well.

Theme-ing wise International Street would look cool if each block actually lent itself to different regions, German, French, Italian, that sort of thing. Shopping wise I'd be happy to just see things that are actually unique to an area of some sort.

• Like 1

The long and Lat for the tower in that FAA request are actually for a tower just south of the park.  It is located between the water park and Western Row rd.  The frequencies look like they are for cell phones, but nothing specific enough to guess carriers.

Here’s the important info to watch for. FCC will actually post if a tower is undergoing specific changes.

753bdb31d80f8ba243a87e4dfea9ceb3.jpg

I'd like for the European names to return: Spanish building, German building, Swiss and French. It would be cool to see food and merch mixed in from each country along with current merch. They could even move the airbrush out and bring that building into the IS theme if they don't plan an Oktoberfest renovation down the road. The possibilities are endless and exciting.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

6 hours ago, chugh43 said:

Here's the show at Canada's Wonderland....while it's not all that "thrilling" it was entertaining!

Edit: 

I'm interested to see what Eiffel Tower end of I-Street will look like. We know that the stage is going to be extended some how. I assume it'll be a little bit wider and it'll come out into the street more. With Winterfest this past year, I really noticed how far out they had the risers/extenders. I could see them making that permanent. 

I do hope that they do end up adding more tables/chairs/umbrellas. 

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I would like to see some of the shop areas be turned into International Cuisine store fronts. Move Build-A-Bear somewhere else (I'd have to really think about where), move the shop with the random pop culture merch (the name escapes me) out and put a quick serve restaurant there. 

I know at one point, the park had considered the path all the way up to Boo Blasters as part of International Street....could we see an update with Boo Blasters? 
For example of when this path was considered see the 2009 Map: http://cpfoodblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/2009-Kings-Island-Map-Inside.pdf

If we get that show at KI and Schroeder doesn’t direct it then I’m never riding WindSeeker again.

And yes - I understand that the above statement makes no sense. 

• Haha 1

On 1/28/2019 at 11:41 AM, chugh43 said:

I have not made it to Canada’s Wonderland yet but it looks like their international street is as wonderful as Kings Dominion. Look at all the big mature trees and shade. And you can see the entire fountain.     I just don’t get where trees block the view of the fountain. They’re normally trim too well above everybody’s head    

The main  Problem with Kings Dominion to see the fountain at the entrance  is they have a big landscaping hill At the front of the fountain the blocks the view.  

• Like 1

On 1/28/2019 at 4:26 PM, jtro223 said:

I'd like for the European names to return: Spanish building, German building, Swiss and French. It would be cool to see food and merch mixed in from each country along with current merch. They could even move the airbrush out and bring that building into the IS theme if they don't plan an Oktoberfest renovation down the road. The possibilities are endless and exciting.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

That would be fantastic!

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 9:57 AM, Klabergian Empire said:

That would be fantastic!

I don't know if they would bring back international food and merch.  I imagine it didn't sell the first time, so there isn't much reason to believe it would work this time.  Just speculation.

However, there are work arounds.  I was at Universal the other day and I noticed how in the Springfield area they had the Kwik-e-Mart.  On the outside it was the shop from the show.  On the inside it was a typical gift shop.  It added to the theme but still served it's functionality.  I could see things like that happening. 

• Like 4

It seems I will be in the minority, but I hope they do remove the trees.  It looks so much better with just the hedge work, to me.

It would also allow a much better view of the fireworks, while still enjoying the light show on the I-street buildings.  I remember July 4th in particular, not being able to find a spot to see everything without a tree in the way.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, NoChickens said:

It seems I will be in the minority, but I hope they do remove the trees.  It looks so much better with just the hedge work, to me.

It would also allow a much better view of the fireworks, while still enjoying the light show on the I-street buildings.  I remember July 4th in particular, not being able to find a spot to see everything without a tree in the way.

I honestly agree! As much as I love the trees for shade, I can see them being gone this year. 

If they are gone this year, I do hope that they have more tables with umbrella's...those are easier to see around vs trees. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Imperial79 said:

If the trees really get removed, we won’t have the Christmas lights on them either. That will be very different, and I wonder what they will use for lights if anything, around the fountain during WinterFest?  Smaller trees with lights instead maybe? 

Your nightmare has arrived: 

• Haha 5