International street makeover

Klabergian Empire

It's funny that people think they deserve updates on progress just because they visit a park. 

They do not have to communicate with anyone outside of putting information on the website. So, I'm not sure how you think they are lacking in communication. They are constantly updating social media with information on different projects, their big focus on The Beast and of course Antique Autos. 

Why is it such a bad thing that they aren't releasing photos of the International Street project? Why can't they just let people see for themselves? 

Why should they cave to entitled enthusiasts who think they deserve whatever they want at the park? 

• Like 9

56 minutes ago, LovinMeSomeBanshee said:

It's funny that people want to give the drone guys/plane guys a hard time for taking photos of the park, and say Kings Island will keep up updated officially with progress pics, and then we see nothing.

I'm on Team Drones/Airplanes, because the communication from KI staff is lacking.

The park has been updating us quite a bit with news lately. Maybe they want to get IS to a certain point before revealing anything? Just because you feel the communication from the park is lacking does not give you justification to go sneak pics of the park by trespassing. Like @chugh43 says, when statements are made like that, it comes off as entitled and the park is less likely to want to do anything for enthusiasts.  Everyone needs to keep that in mind when posting and deciding to do something that makes the rest of the community look bad. 

• Like 10

On 2/11/2019 at 2:05 PM, chugh43 said:

Why is it such a bad thing that they aren't releasing photos of the International Street project? Why can't they just let people see for themselves? 

1000 upvotes. It’s nice to see pictures, but they mystery behind what’s going on is keeping people talking.

I believe that in the end we are all going to be pleasantly surprised! As someone who was there in the early years, the grandure of seeing the massive fountain headed up by the Eiffel Tower, surrounded by the European style buildings was magical! 

I think International Street is going to be the family meeting spot once again, and with the dancing fountains, people will be spending more time there throughout the day until closing.

im excited, are you?

• Like 6

Just now, upstop said:

1000 upvotes. It’s nice to see pictures, but they mystery behind what’s going on is keeping people talking.

I believe that in the end we are all going to be pleasantly surprised! As someone who was there in the early years, the grandure of seeing the massive dancing fountain headed up by the Eiffel Tower, surrounded by the European style buildings was magical! 

I think International Street is going to be the family meeting spot once again, and with the dancing fountains, people will be spending more time there throughout the day until closing.

im excited, are you?

I'm beyond stoked! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, upstop said:

I believe that in the end we are all going to be pleasantly surprised! As someone who was there in the early years, the grandure of seeing the massive fountain headed up by the Eiffel Tower, surrounded by the European style buildings was magical! 

im excited, are you?

I'm beyond the comprehension of excited! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ben43065 said:

I’m not aware if this has been previously mentioned or not but in the blog they did state we’ll hopefully be getting pictures in March:D

Yes, it looks like there may be something coming into March.

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/blog/2019/february/reader’s-mailbag-what-roller-coaster-was-more-important-to-kings-island-the-racer-or-the-beast

• Like 1

I'm personally glad they're keeping I-Street work under wraps.  KI's entrance is one of the greatest of any amusement park with how the entrance building unfolds into the actual I-Street area.  I want to be surprised, especially as someone who frequents I-Street as his favorite eating spot.  I genuinely enjoy some good fountain ERT for meals.  Even if there are updates, I might just avoid them.  Sure I'd appreciate some hints to get my imagination going, but I also don't want too much spoiled.  Its part of why I like amusement parks in general- I like a little spontaneity and surprise when I visit them.

• Like 7

Currently there are HUGE DEEP holes dug all down the sides of the fountains.  They are installing hydraulic lift tables that will automatically lift pre-lit trees into place for Winterfest - thus expediting the labor intensive set up.

Also, all the "windows" on International Street are being replaced with dual-pane glass that will allow them to randomly select "fog/ice/frost/tint" setting with the touch of wireless connection.

Finally, several of the shops have had their false "forced perspective" second stories removed and they are building viewing platforms on the tops for the new light/water show on the fountains.  Access to these platforms will be granted via a "VIP Diamond/Emerald & Ruby Pass" the park will begin selling next season for an additional $300 per pass.

Its a massive undertaking- and the place is a mess right now - that's why there's no pictures.

Had ya for a second didnt I?

(and for the more... ummm gullible readers... that was all fake. I have no earthly idea what all they are doing... LOL)

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, Shaggy said:

Currently there are HUGE DEEP holes dug all down the sides of the fountains.  They are installing hydraulic lift tables that will automatically lift pre-lit trees into place for Winterfest - thus expediting the labor intensive set up.

Also, all the "windows" on International Street are being replaced with dual-pane glass that will allow them to randomly select "fog/ice/frost/tint" setting with the touch of wireless connection.

Finally, several of the shops have had their false "forced perspective" second stories removed and they are building viewing platforms on the tops for the new light/water show on the fountains.  Access to these platforms will be granted via a "VIP Diamond/Emerald & Ruby Pass" the park will begin selling next season for an additional $300 per pass.

Its a massive undertaking- and the place is a mess right now - that's why there's no pictures.

(and for the more... ummm gullible readers... that was all fake. I have no earthly idea what all they are doing... LOL)

Tonight, on the news: "Sources say..." :P

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Shaggy said:

You almost got me there lol.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Shaggy said:

I was trying to figure out why they'd need to hydraulically lift the trees up from the ground until I kept reading.