International street makeover

Klabergian Empire

I think a flat or 2 would look real nice back there in front or behind however you view it blsc. It won’t happen but if I had a wish it would be a Topple Tower. KI does need a Ferris wheel. Only park I’ve been too without one i believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jtro223 said:

If you are talking about in the area in front of the Junkyard Stunt Coaster, would a Mouse fit there?  I think, and this is stretching it, maybe a smaller Ferris Wheel there with extensive landscaping and a couple of flats behind the International Showplace, where the Salt Water Circus was, and kind of tie that area into IS with the landscape theme.

I was originally thinking the Blue area, which would probably be the best. The red area could, but it's probably to small.

20190216_002251.jpg

• Like 3

I'd like to see the blue area and the area behind the floral clock developed at some point. And interesting to note on your photo...look at all the trees around the tower. I don't think they made it less photogenic. I guess we will find out as the new linden trees grow that were planted a couple of years ago. I am glad they got rid of the burning bush hedges. I think it looks much cleaner without them.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 3

On 2/15/2019 at 5:27 PM, Phantom Theater said:

People like silver2005 are the reason I don't like posting much on this board. You didn't do anything wrong Maverick44. You didn't even bring up Intamin. Not every single post in a topic will be exclusively about the topic at hand. 

so, wait a minute.  All I have to do to trigger someone on this site is to mention "Intamin"?

Crap, I didn't know it was that easy- whole new ballgame folks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/16/2019 at 12:21 AM, JubJester said:

I was originally thinking the Blue area, which would probably be the best. The red area could, but it's probably to small.

20190216_002251.jpg

You probably could (probably) fit a Bavarian Beetle styled coaster in that area and name it: International Runner

• Like 2

Here's a story in our local Hamilton Journal-News paper.  Noughing new that everyone does not already know but the video does seem to show they are keeping the trees.  Maybe keeping the trees is old news too but I saw some people concerned they might remove them.

https://www.journal-news.com/news/newest-things-happening-kings-island-2019-dorms-antique-cars-huge-fountain-and-more/LWcS1Xk8fiewVyy7h18U4K/

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, rlentless said:

Here's a story in our local Hamilton Journal-News paper.  Noughing new that everyone does not already know but the video does seem to show they are keeping the trees.  Maybe keeping the trees is old news too but I saw some people concerned they might remove them.

https://www.journal-news.com/news/newest-things-happening-kings-island-2019-dorms-antique-cars-huge-fountain-and-more/LWcS1Xk8fiewVyy7h18U4K/

That’s the same video that was released when this project was first announced in January. 

I believe someone already posted on here a more recent photo showing all the trees gone.

• Like 2

Yep THOSE trees are gone, although their days were probably numbered with or without this project.  When trees hit maturity they have a much bigger tenancy to drop large branches during things such as storms which poses a risk to both people and equipment.  That's also likely why the trees around that former circular smoking section in Coney Mall were replaced.  I much prefer to have larger trees around the park but I get it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chugh43 said:

Other than a survey do we have actual proof a parade is happening?

This is what we have. If they have the event laid out and are just in the process of naming it, we can’t say that it’s going to happen for sure but I’d say the chances are pretty darn good.

232E9C16-CDD1-42DD-B093-1588B1CDBA7A.jpeg79ECB70A-360A-4408-8578-0CBCDBC77B71.jpegFFBBA94C-10D1-4F23-9EBE-54D2DD1361F0.jpeg