International street makeover

Klabergian Empire

9 hours ago, Coaster Critics said:

If we look at the KI 2019 map it looks like there is some sort of balcony here that will allow us to get a closer view to the fountain! Very cool!

KI 2019 map.jpg

That area has actually been there for awhile. It's right in front of Larosas.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, nhimes90 said:

I don't think so. The perimeter of grass around the fountains has been an even width. This map implies the width is more narrow because of a setting patio.

The announcement said that we'll be able to get closer to the fountains than before. I think we are seeing that reflected in the map.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, nhimes90 said:

It looks like, according to this map, that the dining area is right next to the water. This would be protruding farther than it previously did.

I mean if we take every little artistic difference as gospel to what's happening at the park, that clearly means Delirium is going back to it's original paint scheme, Shake Rattle & Roll will have Green, Red & Yellow cars, they're adding supports above the track for the train as it crosses over WWC, Kite Eating Tree is going down to 1 side, Woodstock WhirlyBirds is going to have rocket shaped vehicles vs the helicopters from years prior, Scrambler will go back to the yellow color scheme, etc.

• Like 5

22 hours ago, teenageninja said:

I think you guys are SEVERELY over analyzing a cartoon map version that is rarely accurate for how that area is going to look.

I know it is a bit of an over-analyzation but why would change that part of the map unless something changed there in the park. Looking at the new map it seems we are going to have a more updated dining area than before. I understand this does not mean this is fact but it is an interesting bit to look at.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Coaster Critics said:

I know it is a bit of an over-analyzation but why would change that part of the map unless something changed there in the park. Looking at the new map it seems we are going to have a more updated dining area than before. I understand this does not mean this is fact but it is an interesting bit to look at.

I 100% agree with you. Why change the map if the spot itself has not been changed. Take the trees for example, why change the trees if they did not change those? 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Phantom Theater said:

I wanted to ask before I post this. I got some hi-res satellite images of the park in today and wanted to share a couple of I-street. These images were taken on 2/25/2019. It doesn't show too much of what is going, its just an HD satellite image so you're just seeing everything from above. I recall some people not wanting those kinds of images, so any response on whether or not I should post these would be great. 

Did you get any of the old Firehawk area?

I remember someone previously mentioning a composer was working with Kings Island, I know it’s probably for the fire work show but I think it’d be pretty cool if they could compose something for the speakers on I Street to play instead of mediocre pop music from 2010. Considering they’re renovating I street I’d say there’s an ok chance this could happen.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Ben43065 said:

I remember someone previously mentioning a composer was working with Kings Island, I know it’s probably for the fire work show but I think it’d be pretty cool if they could compose something for the speakers on I Street to play instead of mediocre pop music from 2010. Considering they’re renovating I street I’d say there’s an ok chance this could happen.

This has already been changed in the past year and a half.

• Like 1

On 1/16/2019 at 10:54 AM, IndyGuy4KI said:

From the KI Blog:  

Kings Island’s International Street is set to receive its first complete makeover since the park opened in 1972.

No element of International Street will be left untouched as crews update the Royal Fountain, install more than 130,000 new pavers, improve each building façade and enhance the landscaping.

More details can be found on the the KI Blog here:

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/blog/2019/january/international-street-and-royal-fountain-to-get-major-offseason-renovation?fbclid=IwAR251DIOLgO6Xh04pHIq9Z4vVmo656i3rLX8vFOPoAgDoIxHdhgs-X9XQZQ

istreet2.pngistreet1.pngistreet3.pngistreet1400.png

Wow, can't wait to see the transformation 

• Like 1

On 3/6/2019 at 9:28 PM, Magenta Lizard said:

Long story? They put up an insulating wall that blocks off some of the windows to make the building warmer during Winterfest. It has been taken back off and is sitting in front of the building waiting to be put into storage presumably. 

I'm speaking about the whole awning. Let's just say it's no longer OEM equipment.

• Like 2