International street makeover

Klabergian Empire

Interesting TOS/"new park imposed rules" question. If we've seen a pic that shall not be named, can we talk about what we've seen as long as we don't show or link the pic?  It would be like if I was at the park and @DonHelbig told me that they were going to build bathrooms on the Firehawk site, I could post on here saying Don told me they were building bathrooms even though I couldn't produce proof of the conversation. 

Just trying to figure out what we can and can't do at this point. 

• Like 1

The deal with conversations with park staff is that you are supposed to give your source.  If you say you were told something is going to happen and it is not public knowledge you have to say who told you it would occur.  Otherwise you have to state that it is a rumor even if you know it is occurring.

This site has a long history of discussing photos which violate the terms of service.  Traditionally we would say where you located the photo, for instance on another forum, Reddit, Facebook, Twitter, etc.  Then just discuss the contents of said photo.  I have even seen seen links to the photos as long as the photo was not on this site it was fine.  At this point in time I have no idea if this has changed, it feels like it has but it would be nice seeing clarification.

I'm really impressed with the new pavers.  We had a preview of them on Chad Showalter's social media post this winter, but seeing them down near Starbux is really cool.  The new trees look great!  I'm holding out hope that the fountain pedestals return, but that doesn't look likely.  I just hope we get white paint instead of black in the Royal Fountain.  (Side note:  Did KD and CWonderland have pedestals in their fountains before renovation?)  It also looks like they have added some "international" painted designs on Starbux.  I hope that goes to the other buildings too.

• Like 2

I'm really impressed with the new pavers.  We had a preview of them on Chad Showalter's social media post this winter, but seeing them down near Starbux is really cool.  The new trees look great!  I'm holding out hope that the fountain pedestals return, but that doesn't look likely.  I just hope we get white paint instead of black in the Royal Fountain.  (Side note:  Did KD and CWonderland have pedestals in their fountains before renovation?)  It also looks like they have added some "international" painted designs on Starbux.  I hope that goes to the other buildings too.

No Kings Dominion and Canada’s Wonderland’s fountain have never had pedestals, just Kings Island’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, sixohdieselrage said:

I feel Kings Island knows what is best for their fans and enthusiasts. I also feel, as long as there is not a front gate coaster, we will still have one of the grandest entrances to an amusement park in the world. 

I’d not be opposed to a front gate make over tbh, something like Carowinds front gate is a good example on how to do it somewhat elegantly. I think the new Hershey park front gate is also a pretty good way to redo the front gate. 

• Like 1

@Ben43065 While Fury looks great flying over the front gate at Carowinds, I think anything flying in front of our Royal Fountains and International Street will potentially block the majestic view too much.  I assume that is one reason the larger trees were replaced with small ones. All to give that impressive view of the store facade, fountains, Eiffel Tower and I-Street. The only way I would accept a Gate-Coaster, is if it done to match everything else. 

15 minutes ago, sixohdieselrage said:

@Ben43065 While Fury looks great flying over the front gate at Carowinds, I think anything flying in front of our Royal Fountains and International Street will potentially block the majestic view too much.  I assume that is one reason the larger trees were replaced with small ones. All to give that impressive view of the store facade, fountains, Eiffel Tower and I-Street. The only way I would accept a Gate-Coaster, is if it done to match everything else. 

Yeah I understand, I agree with you for the most part but I do personally think the actual front gate could use a renovation in my opinion.

2 hours ago, beastfan11 said:

It’s because the park decided to release good photos of the work instead of crappy photos released on social media being spread further.

So thanks to those who wanted to share photos of flyovers for taking the surprise out of everything and negating the hard work the park put in to trying to present a finished product and surprise guests on preview night.

You have done a great disservice to the community and KIC. I’m going to stop short here so I don’t say something I shouldn’t. See you all in the parks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Oldschool75 said:

It’s because the park decided to release good photos of the work instead of crappy photos released on social media being spread further. So thanks to those who wanted to share photos of flyovers for taking the surprise out of everything and negating the hard work the park put in to trying to present a finished product and surprise guests on preview night. You have done a great disservice to the community and KIC. I’m going to stop short here so I don’t say something I shouldn’t. See you all in the parks.

You're making a lot of assumptions there buddy. The park never publicly stated anything about wanting to wait until preview night. That was just everyone's assumption. In fact, the park has said all along there would be an update in March. If you want to be surprised, don't look at the pictures.

• Like 5

It’s because the park decided to release good photos of the work instead of crappy photos released on social media being spread further.
So thanks to those who wanted to share photos of flyovers for taking the surprise out of everything and negating the hard work the park put in to trying to present a finished product and surprise guests on preview night.
You have done a great disservice to the community and KIC. I’m going to stop short here so I don’t say something I shouldn’t. See you all in the parks.

Wahhhhh that’s the most childish post I’ve seen on here. I’m sorry your entire world was wrecked by seeing unauthorized photos of an amusement park entrance. Grow up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 7

17 minutes ago, Oldschool75 said:

Millions of people fly over the park every year. This very website has aerial photos taken during the off-season!

• Like 3

I like it. New pavers, new colors on the buildings, really classing the joint up. If they take the pedestals out of the fountain, I'll miss them, but I'm fine with them doing something new. 

Some things I'd love to see, some of which have been mentioned here: 

* Tables with umbrellas along the fountains

* Some sort of show with the fountain 

* A new orchestral score (in recent years they've at least pulled back on the pop music)

* There used to be European style kiosks around IS with announcements for new shoes and attractions. I guess in a day of digital signage, those are unnecessary, but it still leant to the feel. 

* I'd love see some of the IS shops/restaurants pulled back from being nostalgia stores/standard souvenir shops and sell something unique (I remember when they had a glass blower there). It won't happen, but it would be nice. 

* I doubt it will happen this year as we'd have heard by now, but I'd really love the International Restaurant to be re-opened. It was a great way to take a break and enjoy the view. That real estate just sits empty, a shame they're not using it. I used to love going up and looking at all the news clippings on the lobby wall (turning this into a Kings Island history-themed bar would be nice) 

• Like 3

This whole discussion on aerial photos is just getting petty now.  I don't get what's so hard about simply being patient and just waiting until April to see the new stuff.  I also don't get all this alleged demand to see the I-Street stuff when you're gonna see it eventually anyway.  I feel like we're just pushing the park's and the moderators' buttons at this point.

• Like 6

41 minutes ago, Oldschool75 said:

I did a great disservice to the community and KIC because I posted pictures that the park released through a major news outlet? You might be confused there, buddy. 

• Like 3