International street makeover

Klabergian Empire

1 hour ago, silver2005 said:

This whole discussion on aerial photos is just getting petty now.  I don't get what's so hard about simply being patient and just waiting until April to see the new stuff.  I also don't get all this alleged demand to see the I-Street stuff when you're gonna see it eventually anyway.  I feel like we're just pushing the park's and the moderators' buttons at this point.

Because that is not the society we live in.  Perhaps (likely) it never was, but the advent of social media and the ability to share information with a million people in an instant has changed how quickly we can gather knowledge.  The vast majority of people that "care" won't get their first glimpse of the make over thru their own eyes, but rather thru shared pictures provided by either the park or its patrons.  As humans we crave information, it is so much easier to obtain or share than it ever was, and its only going to get quicker (for better or worse).

• Like 1

Having seen the "official" pictures of the new I-Street on Facebook, as well as some posted by @Shaggy there via the Sit-On-It page, I would say I am liking how International Street is looking. It does kinda suck a bit that the old pedestals and trees are gone, but the concrete pavers look awesome and I love how close you get to the fountains now. The new paint on the buildings also looks great. Plus, I am sure the new fountain system they installed is gonna be able to do stuff the old pedestals never could, like go in patterns, possibly in sync with music (if color changing lights were also installed, I imagine the 2019 fireworks shows will be epic from I-Street. I also imagine blood red colored water at night for Haunt).

Though I still wanna see the updated fountains in person before I make my final opinion on them. :P

If I were Queen of Kings Island I would decree the old fountain pedestals be reused to make new fountains in other parts of the park. Like, make a new water feature in Tower Gardens and/or Planet Snoopy. 

I hereby declare you Queen of Kings Island!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

To imply that the park had wlwt release pictures as a response to some aerials that almost but never got posted on an enthusiast's message board that supports the park is some "the moon landing is fake" level conspiracy theory stuff there. 

If it were true, someone would need to be fired as they completely don't understand their job. 

As for the pics:

With the trees back, I'm guessing they will bring back tables or benches, so the traffic flow should be the same. Not sure how I feel about that.

The buildings almost have a Curacao feel now. I love Curacao, so bonus points there!

The video the pics were taken from has more angles including an overview. It's worth watching. The other side's paver work is almost done and looks real good. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The entrance is going to look amazing.  Can't wait.  I think walking into KI is one of the best experiences no matter how many times you do it.

Now if we can only get rid of the annoying KI photographers at the entrance!  I always let them do their job as I'm sure they have a quota to meet, but man it gets old.  Put them in food service somewhere, where it is habitually and desperately needed. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, fryoj said:

With the trees back, I'm guessing they will bring back tables or benches, so the traffic flow should be the same. Not sure how I feel about that.

I think traffic flow will be better. The midway looks to be expanded overall. The new trees seem to be a barrier between the walking area (grey pavers) and the seating area (red pavers). The planters at the end of the fountains also look to be gone, so that roadblock is gone too. I'm excited to stroll down the street.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, medford said:

Because that is not the society we live in.  Perhaps (likely) it never was, but the advent of social media and the ability to share information with a million people in an instant has changed how quickly we can gather knowledge.  The vast majority of people that "care" won't get their first glimpse of the make over thru their own eyes, but rather thru shared pictures provided by either the park or its patrons.  As humans we crave information, it is so much easier to obtain or share than it ever was, and its only going to get quicker (for better or worse).

But we as humans must also adapt to things that may contradict the use of that technology, like Kings Island making it very clear they don't want that information divulged.  Sometimes technology outpaces what we as humans need to do to get by and adapt to things.  There's a lot about the internet that we still haven't had a grasp on.  Seriously people, just practice a little self control.  Nothing is going to happen if you aren't provided information.  Just find other things to do.  Its honestly more rewarding to practice patience.  

So your evidence is a second hand account based on no proof. No disrespect to the mods, but they didn't post a screenshot from an email detailing the request. They also recently changed their position from "no pics will be allowed" to "please don't post, but we won't delete."

You're sitting here lecturing everyone as if you have been ordained to do so. Just chill out.

I'm getting tired of people like you telling people to chill out about expressing opinions on what we feel are important topics.  I will continue to be apart of these forums and express what I want.  Its telling how riled up you are in posting such a response about this kind of topic, just sitting there pushing the moderator's buttons.  It says a lot about people who get reduced to smearing to try and validate their points, which is what this topic is devolving into.  I don't have to have some position of power in KIC or anything like that to know how to treat different people and situations.  Its easy to tell people to 'chill out' from behind a keyboard and computer screen.  That's just a way to kneecap and gaslight someone. 

I have my own voice and I will use it. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, 139Signal27 said:

No disrespect to the mods, but they didn't post a screenshot from an email detailing the request. They also recently changed their position from "no pics will be allowed" to "please don't post, but we won't delete."

We deeply regret that our communication of the park's photo request led to so much drama. If KI makes a simple request to its fans, the vast majority of us are respectful enough to comply. It's as simple as that; the mods didn't have to remove any pictures because everyone was complying.

The park's official media release makes a much better first impression than a few photos from an airplane.

• Like 12