International street makeover

Klabergian Empire

Its amazing how much that had faded.  The park is certainly paying attention to a lot of the small details this season.  Which is a really good thing.  It is little touches like this that add a lot of character to the park.  Kudos to KI for taking the time (and money) to do this.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, goettablitz said:

Now if only they served beer out the window that this is over.  If memory serves this was an Auntie Annes last year?  I would love it if you could get some good German Bier and some pretzels and bier cheese there!

Deutsch bier und bier kase bretzel?

5 hours ago, goettablitz said:

Now if only they served beer out the window that this is over.

I'd be fine with them getting rid of all alcohol in the park, really. I've been assaulted by so many drunk people during Haunt while I'm just trying to do my job and act.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Snowball said:

I'd be fine with them getting rid of all alcohol in the park, really. I've been assaulted by so many drunk people during Haunt while I'm just trying to do my job and act.

They are far more likely to have more responsible guests when they serve alcohol than when they don't.  People who want to drink will find a way to do so.  When you add barriers to that, they generally drink more.  As someone who has cleaned the parking lot many times on Haunt nights, most of those people aren't buying alcohol in the park.  There is a reason we used to call it the White Trash Bash.

• Like 2

I know Paramount tried to rid the park of alcohol when they first acquired the park and got some major backlash, but could it work out better now?  I wouldn't be opposed to it (or even just stop alcohol sales for the Haunt and Winterfest), but I wonder how the GP would react.  

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Creed Bratton said:

I don't always partake in alcohol when at the park..but having the option is nice...I wouldn't be happy if that were taken away.

Nor would I.  I enjoy being able to sit in the biergarden or festhaus to have a beverage every now and again.  It is nice to sit and chill and have a drink and do some people watching sometimes.  Even at haunt.

Not to mention how much revenue the park would miss out on.  I mean a keg of miller lite would cost them around $85 (alcohol laws and costs are different depending what state you are in, but I ran a restaurant in Indiana and that is about what it was)  And KI charges what $8 for a domestic draft?  I am not convinced you are getting a whole pint from those cups either.  But even so, a keg holds 124 pints.  The craft beer costs more of course from the supplier, and I am not sure what the park charges for those off hand.  I just mean the margins are large and they probably go through more kegs than you'd think.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, spooky21 said:

I'm for it being taken away, I lost count of how many times my son was trampled on in his stroller or walking by intoxicated people.

I honestly for a fact can't say I've seen anyone visibly intoxicated at the park outside of a Haunt night, this includes the several years I roamed the park in Park Services.  If your son is getting trampled repeatedly in his stroller, this sounds like another issue going on.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Snowball said:

I am so sorry to hear you've been assaulted and harassed by so many customers. I find this troubling. It isn't right for people to be treated this way, so when I see such behavior, as a customer, I report it even though I'm not the victim.

My guess is the problem isn't with the alcohol, but the people themselves, and truth be told, they are probably this way even without the beer. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, teenageninja said:

They are far more likely to have more responsible guests when they serve alcohol than when they don't.  People who want to drink will find a way to do so.  When you add barriers to that, they generally drink more.  As someone who has cleaned the parking lot many times on Haunt nights, most of those people aren't buying alcohol in the park.  There is a reason we used to call it the White Trash Bash.

I feel like this argument gets overlooked far too much.   People aren't really getting drunk on $10 beers they are doing it by chugging them down in the parking lot.   If you take away the option inside the park it only gets worse.   It's like going to a Football game in the SEC where alcohol isn't sold inside but you still gotta deal with drunks.  People that are gonna drink are gonna drink.  It's far better to provide the option inside where you can control it and high prices are one way of doing so but also to be able to observe.   Now sure it's still gonna happen outside and maybe security needs to do a better job at identifying such upon entry but banning sales inside ain't gonna fix anything and will likely make it worse.

That said I love the option of having a drink or two when at the park.  The park loves making the money off it too. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I just saw a public photo of the renovated International Street on a Cincinnati news website. It looks so much better, but I do have one major issue with the renovation. I will wait to share it until after Friday, or when others comment on the public photo.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, brent said:

Maybe if alcohol was only available in food locations and had to be consumed there it might cut down on some issues without cutting it out altogether. 

Kings Island operated this way in the late 90s / early 2000s. Personally, I'm glad that set-up is gone and I can enjoy a beer (almost) anywhere in the park.

• Like 2

As someone who is not of the legal age to drink, it may not be my business to respond to this. That being said, I’ve seen some of the adverse effects of alcohol and I’m all for a alcohol free park. I really don’t think we need drunk people walking around the park. That being said, I can see why people enjoy the occasional beer, I assume it’s the same way I enjoy the occasional soda, but that’s just my opinion. I believe moderation is the key.  I believe an alcohol free park would be best. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Theoutdoorkid107 said:

As someone who is not of the legal age to drink, it may not be my business to respond to this. That being said, I’ve seen some of the adverse effects of alcohol and I’m all for a alcohol free park. I really don’t think we need drunk people walking around the park. That being said, I can see why people enjoy the occasional beer, I assume it’s the same way I enjoy the occasional soda, but that’s just my opinion. I believe moderation is the key.  I believe an alcohol free park would be best. 

Once you get to college, your opinion on that will probably change. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1