International street makeover

Klabergian Empire

2 hours ago, BoddaH1994 said:

5D7FDE63-7154-45D0-8F82-9E8E69B97D77.jpegA06BEFCC-4D9D-4ED7-A45A-2AB1B935AE9B.jpeg

Renovations continue on the Royal Fountain.  New lighting has been installed along with new water features.

This story is not over.

Stay tuned. 

For those of us who were patient, this is definitely looking great! I'm guessing they just fell a little behind schedule, and perhaps certain pieces of the fountain hadn't arrived at the park yet. 

Those nozzles look really fancy. In fact, the nozzles in the center look almost like hundreds of miniature pedestals.

I bet this new lighting, plus the lighting from above will look amazing!

Thinking back, it is pretty cool that they at least tried with the PVC, rather than just letting it go for opening day. Things are a changin'!

• Like 6

49 minutes ago, Creed Bratton said:

I don't know for sure, but I'm guessing the nozzles in the center "S" will move....also guessing the fan nozzles will either tilt or spin.

That’s not the way it looks to me. I thought they might too, but I think they are straight piping. 

• Like 1

The new trees are maple trees. They are going to be slow growing so it will probably be 10 years before they any significant size. But they will be long-lasting as long as they are kept healthy
I'd give them 20 to 25 years before they'll be replaced with linden trees.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

If the nozzles for the jets do not move (sway back and forth) or spin like the spectacular Bellagio fountain in Vegas, then this is simply just another jet style fountain, nothing special.  Just will have to wait and see when work is completed if this re-imagined jet fountain deserves the title of “Royal Fountain”.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BoddaH1994 said:

That’s not the way it looks to me. I thought they might too, but I think they are straight piping. 

They look similar to the nozzles at The Island in Pigeon Forge...looks like they each are accompanied by LED lights....while the nozzles at The Island are composed of 3 light units, it looks like ours have 1 light unit. I feel like they'll tilt to a point, based on the similar fountains I've checked out. 

The fan nozzles look almost identical to the Island's minus the light units.

pigeon-forge.jpg
Source

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chuck norris said:

After the fireworks show at 10pm, they make an announcement that starting memorial day weekend the fountains will be integrated into the show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How were they lit up tonight?

From my perspective, the taller water jets reflected more of the light and that difference alone was an improvement.  I also noticed what lights are there now are more in sync with the Eiffel Tower lights. 

Also, the new trees along International Street are starting to really pop now that they're getting their leaves.  

• Like 2

None of the up lighting in the fountain was working yet. That will take some time. It was still being lit from the towers along the founding like before.

Not sure why you would think the lights were better synced since there was clearly some sort of time code issue at the beginning of the show.  I guess sometimes we all see things we kinda want to see when it comes to lights and stuff. lol 

Like I said before: the story has just begun with this. Stay tuned.

None of the up lighting in the fountain was working yet. That will take some time. It was still being lit from the towers along the founding like before.
Not sure why you would think the lights were better synced since there was clearly some sort of time code issue at the beginning of the show.  I guess sometimes we all see things we kinda want to see when it comes to lights and stuff. lol 
Like I said before: the story has just begun with this. Stay tuned.
I left at 830 and the lights were on in the fountain. I'm not sure if I read your post incorrectly or not.

1 minute ago, BeeastFarmer said:

I left at 830 and the lights were on in the fountain. I'm not sure if I read your post incorrectly or not.

Weird. I got back to the park just in time for the fireworks show and they were all off - before, during, and after.

Just now, BeeastFarmer said:

They weren't synched or anything. Just solid blue.

Maybe something went wrong. We are talking about stuff that’s literally a day old! Haha

Can’t wait to see the final product!

• Like 2