International street makeover

Klabergian Empire

Not a single person was outraged about a possible fountain name change haha @KIghostguy 

At a recent trip to Universal, I saw their new nightly ”cinematic celebration” show. Fountains spray water into the air and they project movie scenes onto the “water screens”. If the fountains will be moving anything like these, I will be impressed. Obviously there won’t be movie projections, but the way they move is very impressive  

Here’s a video of those fountains in action: Cinematic Celebration

@BoddaH1994 any chance you might have been comparing KIs new fountains to ones like these? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sorner said:

Not a single person was outraged about a possible fountain name change haha @KIghostguy 

At a recent trip to Universal, I saw their new nightly ”cinematic celebration” show. Fountains spray water into the air and they project movie scenes onto the “water screens”. If the fountains will be moving anything like these, I will be impressed. Obviously there won’t be movie projections, but the way they move is very impressive  

Here’s a video of those fountains in action: Cinematic Celebration

@BoddaH1994 any chance you might have been comparing KIs new fountains to ones like these? 

If they had jets as high as Cinematic Celebration then nothing on I Street would be dry! :D

Does anyone know if the fountain will be choreographed to the orchestral music in addition to the fireworks? The original blog post says that there will be "choreographed daytime and nighttime shows," but the park's Instagram posted about the "new fountain show," singular.

• Like 1

On 5/11/2019 at 3:59 PM, FoF96" said:

It was definitely hard to ride that year.  There is actually a video of that cycle. It’s a bit hard to see but when the gondola gets under the light you can definitely see “oh crap that is forceful”

The 2008 cycle

I remember the 2008 cycle and it was a lot of fun and I told my friend how awesome it was. Rode it sometime later with the lame cycle and felt like an idiot for telling my friends how intense it was. 

Could the weight problem have been because the two A frames where so far apart thus letting the arms flex more?  

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Klabergian Empire said:

I am somewhat disappointed that they couldn't find a way to put the fountain lights on the nozzles instead of putting up ugly towers with the lights.

The lights are on the nozzles, they just haven't been turned on yet for the public.

• Like 1

They couldn’t have at least turned the fountains off for that guy??! Haha. I am excited to see what the fountains will be like! Please post lots of pictures and please, someone upload a video! I won’t be able to go to back to the park until late July, maybe even late August :/

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sorner said:

They couldn’t have at least turned the fountains off for that guy??! Haha. I am excited to see what the fountains will be like! Please post lots of pictures and please, someone upload a video! I won’t be able to go to back to the park until late July, maybe even late August :/

He was adjusting the heights! lol They had to be on.

I do not have an explanation for this, though...

5CCA858E-4036-4C8A-AD9D-29414648DD00.jpeg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, flightoffear1996 said:

I remember the 2008 cycle and it was a lot of fun and I told my friend how awesome it was. Rode it sometime later with the lame cycle and felt like an idiot for telling my friends how intense it was. 

Could the weight problem have been because the two A frames where so far apart thus letting the arms flex more?  

I doubt it, the pole going between the arms would have been the brace preventing the arms from bowing inward.  I’m not sure how Top Spins lock the gondola in place for flipping but if there was only a brake on one of the arms or if the insides of the gondola were not perfectly symmetrical, it would allow the arms to move slightly out of sync even with the same motor input on both sides due to uneven weight.

This talk about swimming in the fountains really makes me want to do it haha. I worked at Jungle Jims through college and they'd choose a day to let employees take a swim in the fountain out front. Maybe KI could do that for willing guests? Hahaha. Not being too serious but it’d be interesting. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sorner said:

This talk about swimming in the fountains really makes me want to do it haha. I worked at Jungle Jims through college and they'd choose a day to let employees take a swim in the fountain out front. Maybe KI could do that for willing guests? Hahaha. Not being too serious but it’d be interesting. 

You can skate on it in the winter. Probably about as close as we are going to get. 

3 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

Worked for me.

I was the one who took the video. The fountains are really cool in person. They do much more than the video implies.

I actually took the video, we must have been shooting it from the same spot!